The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Moon Script..or why I haven't been around much lately. (link to script)

2 posters

Go down

New Moon Script..or why I haven't been around much lately. (link to script) Empty New Moon Script..or why I haven't been around much lately. (link to script)

Post by lillylovelost Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:53 am

Anyway, I have been a little inactive lately because I have been working on my own version of New Moon.

I have been spending the better part of 2 months writing it and I finished this past weekend. It has been lots of fun and really rewarding.

I had a few reasons as to why I decided to write my own:

Firstly, I have never completed a full-length screenplay in my life. I have written lots of short films, but none that go past 20 pages. I was determined to write one someday, but I couldn't bring myself to write one. I always end up writing the first 20-30 pages of one and then give up. I felt compelled to try my hand at something that is already established and try to translate that to screen. New Moon just seemed to be that project that I want to write as my first try at a full-length screenplay.

Secondly, I want to have some sort of satisfaction in case the real New Moon script isn't what I think it should be. I have enormous amount of respect for those who do write screenplays. I've always had that. It's not easy to sit down and write 120 pages and make it compelling.

When I dove into New Moon, I wasn't expecting to be met with all kinds of frustration. Endless amounts of it! I would sit up late at night, trying to find many ways to tell the story. Let me tell you, it is not easy taking 500-600 pages and making it into a feature length screenplay. It boggles my mind that I was even able to get anything down on paper or on the computer.

Finally, I did it because it was an exercise in creative stress relief. I really needed to get my brain working and be creative. I've had quite a rough year and this was kind of a way to vent it out. I needed something to keep me going through the things that have happened to me. I always found comfort in writing and this seemed to satisfy all kinds of needs for me.

Before you get started:
-This is a second draft. So typos and other things not finalized.
-It is long. 130 something pages.
-Any kind of comments/complaints/questions are made of goodness.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gwqeunjzntl

Have fun reading it!
lillylovelost
lillylovelost
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

http://gangsterdorothy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

New Moon Script..or why I haven't been around much lately. (link to script) Empty Re: New Moon Script..or why I haven't been around much lately. (link to script)

Post by Donte77 Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:15 pm

This was posted while I was sans electricity so I missed it. I have it downloaded and I will give it a read. (Haven't read the book but I can get the gist of it and ask my wife about the book)
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down