The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whole Year Draft League! (The Draft has STARTED!)

+12
transformers2
SuperShaan
JackO
numbersix_99
undeadmonkey
englishozzy
leestu
silversurfer19
BarcaRulz
geezer9687
Buscemi
W
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Whole Year Draft League! (The Draft has STARTED!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Whole Year Draft League! (The Draft has STARTED!)

Post by JackO Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:58 am

Ah, that the keeper part was what was confusing me. Thanks for clarifying that.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Whole Year Draft League! (The Draft has STARTED!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Whole Year Draft League! (The Draft has STARTED!)

Post by transformers2 Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:07 am

im in for sure
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:38 am

I just don't like it W. I don't think we should be thinking that far ahead. Its just not fun to me. I just want it to be a 1 year league, then start all over.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:36 am

I'm with Geez on this. I think it'll be a bit too ambitious to try and do the keeper thing. I mean, I'm sure most of us can't even guarantee we will all be here in more than a year's time, and if any of the proposed movies will be released in the next couple of years. I think just stick to the one year draft and keep it simple.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:42 am

Sure, I'm in...And I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who got confused.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm still definitely in, but that keeper thing sounds way too confusing. Not the concept, just how you are going to organize it. Also keeping in mind that for all we know none of us will be members here next year.. What happens to a movie then?

Just keep the drafting to this 'years' movies and then we start over. If you want to have lifetime standings then award points on placement overall and just add them up as we go along, much easier to control and understand that way.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:05 pm

Sure I am in. I am with Barca on the other idea though. I read it twice and I still had no idea what you were talking about. LOL
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:08 am

It seemed simple enough to me, but I guess I didn't convey my idea good enough? Well, anyways, it's scrapped. We'll be starting a draft Monday if that works for you all. To make the draft quicker, it may be easier for some of you to send in a list, especially if you know you won't be on a while...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:32 pm

Ok, so I let all the regulars know about this just in case the didn't see it. I also set a tentative draft start date for Wednesday. I also laid the ground rules. Let me know if I left anything out.

-Lasts from May 09 through April 2010.
-Everyone drafts 12 movies and they can trade with others.
-You'll have 12 hours to make a pick or we'll select what we think is the best one left. You'll be able to switch out the movie when you get on next, so you'll only really lose a better draft slot. This just means check in the morning and afternoon.
-Send in a list of your next x number of picks to me if you don't think you'll make it to a pick.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:34 am

Is this league only keeping track of Box Office numbers or is it an Ultimate Game?
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Man Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:58 am

I've never done a draft league, but I'm willing to try it, so I guess I'll start with the epic full year draft.

Quick question: Is there a list of films to choose from? And is the order the list of people you have in the first post?

I'll be checking this thread often for more info.

J-Man
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:10 am

It should be an Ultimate game, and W you should put up a list of films, in some sort of order from best to worst. Use HSX.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:12 am

J-Man, there is no order yet. The draft starts tomorrow so the draft order will be decided then.

I'm also interested about knowing if there is a certain list of movies to chose from. Would make a difference to top 5 and PTA points, or is this just BoxOffice?
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:08 am

Umm... I was just going to make it BO. You guys are the ones wanting to keep it simple. There really isn't a group of films to choose from. I was just going to keep an alphabetized list of films that were taken.

We could vote whether to use Ultimate or Box Office, or I have another idea (if that's ok). Why don't we do a Box Office now and work out the kinks and then 6 months from now we could do an Ultimate League?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:12 am

Im actually all for BoxOffice.. Ultimate will be way too complicated with the whole 'if no one chose this does it count' bla bla bla...
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:16 am

Box Office works for me too. It would make the draft process go so much faster and easier if there was a list to choose from W.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:33 am

I think BO limits the game somewhat but it is definitely easier. Movies like Slumdog or There Will Be Blood would be useless. The PTA would be a nightmare though. LOL
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:11 am

I think it would be fun either way, but to start out in Ultimate would probably drive me crazy.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:15 am

Slumdog useless BO wise? Have you seen it's numbers? Would have been a perfect sleeper pick.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:17 pm

The draft list completed and Keyser Soze got the first pick. Its in the Current Box Office portion of the forum. Let's get crackin'!
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:26 pm

Am I too late?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Well... We have just started the fourth round. You could probably pick for RonB since he hasn't been on since we started, but you'd basically be starting with 4 4th round selections instead of a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

And one more thing... You have to promise not to miss a pick. You get 12 hours between picks and then you're skipped, so check the draft twice a day (like before you leave for work/school and sometime in the PM. Either that, or send me a list when your turn comes up. Promise me that and you can start picking.

You have 3 picks to make automatically if you choose to join in. It may be fun to see if you can make quality enough picks to not come in last. I don't know. If you decide to, just post here and then make the picks that Ron got skipped over.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:33 am

Yeah, that sounds fine, it'll be a challenge to make these 4 4th-rounders work.

Is there a list to choose from and so I know what's already been taken? And is it done by PM, email, chat, etc....?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:50 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Yeah, that sounds fine, it'll be a challenge to make these 4 4th-rounders work.

Is there a list to choose from and so I know what's already been taken? And is it done by PM, email, chat, etc....?

Its in the "Active Box Office Leagues" section and there's two pages that you need to be aware of:
1. The Draft Room: https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net/currently-in-play-leagues-f10/full-year-draft-league-draft-room-t424.htm
2. The Taken Films/Discussion Thread: https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net/currently-in-play-leagues-f10/full-year-draft-league-taken-films-discussion-thread-t425.htm

The first post of each thread is important. The First post of the Draft Room Thread is the entire draft in order of when they were picked. The First post of the Taken Films/Discussion Thread is an alphabetized list of the movies taken. Soon as you can, just post your first three picks in the draft room thread then, when it gets to your turn (after mine) you'll have 12 hours to pick and your fifth pick will come very soon after that. That's it. Just make your first three picks now and don't forget to check the Taken Films.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:12 am

Surely it's too late? I know it's all in good fun, but if you're picking from round 4 there is no way you're going to win.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next