The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPEARE'S TIPS: THE FILM(!) OF 10/9 - Couples Retreat, plus: Top Ten Most Anticipated Films of Winter

+11
delfinasu
thswrestler160
johnErle
J-Man
W
geezer9687
silversurfer19
Buscemi
undeadmonkey
BanksIsDaFuture
Shrykespeare
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SPEARE'S TIPS: THE FILM(!) OF 10/9 - Couples Retreat, plus:  Top Ten Most Anticipated Films of Winter - Page 2 Empty Re: SPEARE'S TIPS: THE FILM(!) OF 10/9 - Couples Retreat, plus: Top Ten Most Anticipated Films of Winter

Post by johnErle Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:52 pm

This seems to be one of the weakest holiday seasons in recent memory, but here's the ones I'm most looking forward to:

A Serious Man
Where The Wild Things Are
Amelia
The Men Who Stare At Goats
The Road
Up In The Air
The Young Victoria
The Lovely Bones

And a few films with serious question marks that I'll see eventually are Avatar, Dr. Parnissus, and It's Complicated.

I'm curious to see if Avatar is as disastrous as the trailer, to know how Terry Gilliam managed to pull that film together, and to see Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin competing for the attentions of a woman other than Tina Fey for a change.
johnErle
johnErle
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

http://www.dynamicrangeradio.ca

Back to top Go down

SPEARE'S TIPS: THE FILM(!) OF 10/9 - Couples Retreat, plus:  Top Ten Most Anticipated Films of Winter - Page 2 Empty Re: SPEARE'S TIPS: THE FILM(!) OF 10/9 - Couples Retreat, plus: Top Ten Most Anticipated Films of Winter

Post by thswrestler160 Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:44 pm

well since there isnt a tracking for this week ill post the fri estimates here.

Couples Retreat 11.5/28
Zombieland 4.8/15
Cloudy 3.0/13
toy story 2.0/8.5
PARANORMAL ACTIVITIY! 2/5.5
surrogates 1.3/4.7

And for all you not math people out there paranormal activity has a pta of $34,591
was this movie even available in any leagues?

thswrestler160
The McMannus Brothers
The McMannus Brothers

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:10 pm

No, it wasn't. I don't think anyway. I think that is because of the uncertainty of its release date.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by delfinasu Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:26 am

My Top 10 Most Anticipated Winter Movies:
1. Avatar - James Cameron, 3D
2. 2012 - just 4 F/X
3. The Lovely Bones - Peter Jackson
4. Sherlock Holmes - Rob D Jr
5. A Christmas Carol - Jim Carrey, 3D
6. Law Abiding Citizen - Gerard Butler
7. Where the Wild Things Are - fantasy
8. Ninja Assassin - McT
9. Nine Very Happy Have you seen Cruz?
10. Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans - Nic Cage wants an Oscar??
delfinasu
delfinasu
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

http://delfinasu.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:42 am

Friday's Results from BOM:

1. Retreat 12.3
2. Zombie 4.75
3. Cloudy 3.1
Paranormal 2.54
Toy Storys 2.0
4. Surrogates 1.275
5. Invention 1.075

That will make SEVENTEEN Top 5 points for Cloudy, more than even Basterds did. Wow.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:09 am

The top 10 upcoming movies I want to see most are:

Where The Wild things Are - I loved the book when I was young, and bought it for my kids as soon as they were old enough to read.
Broken Embraces - I know it hasn't got great reviews but Almodovar films are always fascinating.
Anti-Christ - I like challenging myself with controversial/hard to watch movies.
A Serious Man - Coen Brothers; that says it all as to why
The Men Who Stare At Goats - how can you not look forward to a movie with a title like that
Bronson - even more so after Surfer's description, and doco's are my latest genre of choice
Capitalism: A Love Story - as I just said "doco's are my latest genre of choice"
The Damned United - I don't need to say it again; I've just said it twice.
Cirque De Freak - it probably isn't but this sounds like a Dean Koontz type story
Sherlock Holmes - I will watch anything with Robert Downy Jr plus I have read so many Conan-Doyle novels it will be great to see a modern movie interpretation.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:04 am

Wait... Damned United isn't a "doco", is it? I thought it was more of a biopic.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:02 pm

I'm going OCT-DEC for my top ten considering the last film I saw in theaters was D9.

1. The Road will probably let me down like Alexander did, hopefully not near as much.
2. Zombieland is one I wanted to see for a while and now it has gotten such great reviews from everyone (except Buscemi).
3. Brothers looks great and could easily get noms for both Peter Parker and Donnie Darko.
4. Invention of Lying was #2, but has fallen since it got mixed reviews.
5. Invictus The Reviews could be terrible and I'd see it just for Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela.
6. 2012 At some point, you just want to see something explode. I like films like this for the most part, like "The Day After Tomorrow".
7. The Box I'm a sucker for things that remind me of "The Twilight Zone".
8. Princess and the Frog I look forward to taking my daughter to see a Disney Princess film.
9. Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel We had a lot of fun with the first one on DVD, so this one should be fun to take her to as well.
10. Avatar could easily move up as high as number three or could make me never want to see it.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:Wait... Damned United isn't a "doco", is it? I thought it was more of a biopic.

And neither is Bronson, but they're based on true stories, so I figured we'd give leestu the benefit of the doubt Laughing
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by donnie Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:46 pm

The upcoming movies I want to see most are:

Where The Wild things Are
Sherlock Holmes
The lovely bones
Up (yes, the italian release is scheduled on this week...Evil or Very Mad )
Shutter Island
donnie
donnie
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:49 pm

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
Shrykespeare wrote:Wait... Damned United isn't a "doco", is it? I thought it was more of a biopic.

And neither is Bronson, but they're based on true stories, so I figured we'd give leestu the benefit of the doubt Laughing

Oops Embarassed

Biopics are just fictionalised docos drunken scratch
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:48 am

Just wanted to let you guys know, I may be a few days late in getting next week's column up, not to mention the Super League and Regulars Leagues Updates done. I am sorry to say, my wife had a death in her family today, and therefore I may not be able to find the time to get all that work done. I will do it if I can, but if I don't, at least you'll know the reason why.

BOM's Sunday Estimates:

Top 5
5 points - Couples Retreat
4 points - Zombieland
3 points - Cloudy With a Chance
2 points - Surrogates
1 point - Invention of Lying

PTA
5 points - An Education
4 points - A Serious man
3 points - Couples Retreat
2 points - Coco Before Chanel
1 point - The Damned United

Good Hair just barely missed. From Mexico With Love tanked, but who cares, not one person picked it. No word yet on Bronson or Trucker.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:37 am

Give your wife my regards, Shrykie.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:54 am

Not much that i want to see in the next couple months.
10.Boondock Saints 2
9.Boondock Saints 2
8.Ong Bak 2
7.Black Dynamite
6.Law Abiding Citizen
5.The Road
4.Invicticus
3.Ninja Assassin
2.Boondock Saints 2
1.Boondock Saints 2

On the fence about Brothers and Armored. Everything else i will proably pass.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:21 am

I might be wrong, but I get the feeling that you're looking forward to seeing Boondock Saints 2.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:01 am

leestu wrote:I might be wrong, but I get the feeling that you're looking forward to seeing Boondock Saints 2.

Just a little bit Very Happy
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2