The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it time to rename the website?

+10
BanksIsDaFuture
geezer9687
W
numbersix_99
J.I.
delfinasu
mfrendo
NSpan
Buscemi
Shrykespeare
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is it time to rename the website? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it time to rename the website?

Post by mfrendo Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:32 am

Good point, W.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Is it time to rename the website? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it time to rename the website?

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:39 am

I think we've got a winner.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:01 am

we could call it BPaJM:BOGaFD for short.. that just rolls off the tongue
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:08 am

And Rotten Tomatoes could call themselves RT:MNRRaP. But they don't...

Possibly the concessionverse... lol
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:20 am

White Cherry Icees & Sour Patch Kids?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:25 am

Is it time to rename the website? - Page 2 Cinemon1
our mascot could be a jamaican dude with 3d-glasses
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:36 am

I actually agree with W for once. I really liked that Buttery Popcorn and Junior Mints, add the subtitle and its very nice. That's the one idea that I think works just as well as mine.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:49 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:White Cherry Icees & Sour Patch Kids?

Mmmmmmmmmmm....Sour Patch Kids
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:03 am

Keyser Soze wrote:

NO! Junior Mints... Next poll after villians = movie theater candy?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:43 am

SNOWCAPS
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:35 am

Keyser Soze wrote:

Sour Patch Kids. It's an eighties thing.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:51 am

Erm, am I the only one who doesn't understand the buttery popcorn thing. Is it just a couple of movie candies with no actual film reference? That's okay, I'm just not sure on where the idea came from.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:23 am

I prefer Nerds and Reese's Pieces.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:01 am

Nachos, Soft Pretzels and Buncha Crunch
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:22 am

That's exactly what it is Surfer.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:27 am

silversurfer19 wrote:Erm, am I the only one who doesn't understand the buttery popcorn thing. Is it just a couple of movie candies with no actual film reference? That's okay, I'm just not sure on where the idea came from.

I don't know how they do things in sheep country, but here popcorn is synonymous with megaplexes which is where the BO comes from. Junior Mints are a treat usually enjoyed at US megaplexes as well... How are tomatoes and film linked? I know people throw rotten tomatoes at people when they are bad on stage, but has anyone ever seen them thrown at a movie screen?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:32 am

I read that the Nazis used to unleash rats into theatres when an anti-Nazi or controversial film would premiere.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:39 am

W wrote:
silversurfer19 wrote:Erm, am I the only one who doesn't understand the buttery popcorn thing. Is it just a couple of movie candies with no actual film reference? That's okay, I'm just not sure on where the idea came from.

I don't know how they do things in sheep country, but here popcorn is synonymous with megaplexes which is where the BO comes from. Junior Mints are a treat usually enjoyed at US megaplexes as well... How are tomatoes and film linked? I know people throw rotten tomatoes at people when they are bad on stage, but has anyone ever seen them thrown at a movie screen?

I wasn't comparing Rotten Tomatoes to your idea, it's just that you had used movie title references on some of your previous ideas and I wasn't sure if I had missed something on that one. And yes, we do have popcorn at our local cinemas, but I prefer to steer well clear, partly because I prefer Butterkist with the caramel flavouring over the butter taste, as well as they just serve you far too much and you never, ever finish the damn bag!! I much prefer to get a bag of Maltesers or to sneak a sub/ Burger Fuel (very large and flavour-some gourmet burgers) in.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:41 am

I once snuck in a slushie from Sonic. The slushie was far better than the movie (Love In The Time Of Cholera, that Javier Bardem movie that no one saw).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:49 am

silversurfer19 wrote:
W wrote:

I wasn't comparing Rotten Tomatoes to your idea, it's just that you had used movie title references on some of your previous ideas and I wasn't sure if I had missed something on that one. And yes, we do have popcorn at our local cinemas, but I prefer to steer well clear, partly because I prefer Butterkist with the caramel flavouring over the butter taste, as well as they just serve you far too much and you never, ever finish the damn bag!! I much prefer to get a bag of Maltesers or to sneak a sub/ Burger Fuel (very large and flavour-some gourmet burgers) in.

Butterkist=caramel corn?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:04 am

Don't ask me, I think they have other varieties too, but the caramel/toffee flavour is the most popular, at least in the UK/NZ anyway.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:07 am

Butterkist looks a bit like Buttkiss.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 am

Sounds like caramel corn to me...It's the same, but different!
Let's call the whole thing off.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:26 am

Buscemi wrote:I read that the Nazis used to unleash rats into theatres when an anti-Nazi or controversial film would premiere.

Yeah but we got the Basterds on our side, so I think we win that battle.

We should have a vote on the name. I think it's Movie Moguls or Buttery Popcorn & Junior Mints: (subtitle) or keeping the name the same. POLL!
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:10 am

Junior Mints may be a trademarked name, which means we wouldn't be able to use it. You would need a generic name, not a specific. For instance, "gummi bears" would work (though I'm not saying we should use that particular one), because it's not company or name specific.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next