The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best, Most Unusual Marketing Ever

+5
Donte77
geezer9687
undeadmonkey
Buscemi
J.I.
9 posters

Go down

The Best, Most Unusual Marketing Ever Empty The Best, Most Unusual Marketing Ever

Post by J.I. Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:02 am

On August 21, 15 minutes of Avatar will be shown in IMAX 3D in theaters everywhere FOR FREE. This is the official trailer from Fox.

On August 21, the world will get its first look at director James Cameron’s motion picture epic AVATAR, when Twentieth Century Fox and Cameron debut the film’s trailer everywhere – while select cinemas and IMAX®️ theaters will screen extended footage prepared by the renowned filmmaker for this global “Avatar Day” event.

The worldwide trailer launch will be presented in all formats, including IMAX®️ 3-D, IMAX®️ 2-D, digital 3-D, digital 2-D, and 35mm 2-D. The trailer will also be available online.

The extended look at AVATAR will unspool only on August 21 – and only in 3-D – in select theaters and IMAX®️. Details on locations and reserving tickets for this extraordinary and unprecedented experience will be announced soon.

In addition on the 21st, Ubisoft®️ will unveil the trailer for their videogame James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game, and Mattel will reveal the action figures for the film’s Avatar and alien Na’vi characters.

AVATAR takes us to a spectacular new world beyond our imagination, where a reluctant hero embarks on a journey of redemption, discovery and unexpected love, as he leads a heroic battle to save a civilization. The film was first conceived by Cameron 14 years ago, when the means to realize his vision did not yet exist. Now, after four years of actual production work, AVATAR delivers a fully immersive cinematic experience of a new kind, where the revolutionary technology invented to make the film, disappears into the emotion of the characters and the sweep of the story.

AVATAR opens in theaters everywhere December 18, 2009.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

The Best, Most Unusual Marketing Ever Empty Re: The Best, Most Unusual Marketing Ever

Post by Buscemi Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:27 am

So they will run the trailer with G-Force and Harry Potter? That's rather odd.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

The Best, Most Unusual Marketing Ever Empty Re: The Best, Most Unusual Marketing Ever

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:33 am

Ummm..... What does harry potter and gforce have to do with this....

Anyways, finally well get to see something of this film. Hope it's worth all the fuss everyones making about it
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:58 pm

Why would anyone want to see 15 minutes of a movie... That would be such a cock tease
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:27 pm

undeadmonkey wrote:Ummm..... What does harry potter and gforce have to do with this....

Anyways, finally well get to see something of this film. Hope it's worth all the fuss everyones making about it

Harry Potter will be the film running on the IMAX screens by then. G-Force will be running in 3-D by then.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:45 pm

I'm with Geez on this. I wouldn't want to see 15 minutes of a movie 4 months before it releases.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:17 pm

Yeah but we may actually never get a trailer if they are doing this. I may literally go to see this movie without having seen a single whole frame of the film.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:45 am

Buscemi wrote:
undeadmonkey wrote:Ummm..... What does harry potter and gforce have to do with this....

Harry Potter will be the film running on the IMAX screens by then. G-Force will be running in 3-D by then.
I think the point is that it will be showing as a separate event, not as a rider to a film showing at the time.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:48 am

I think, if they do have a regular trailer, the IMAX 3D version will be in front of Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.

But this is certainly different.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:05 am

It'll be real close to Final Destination 3D as well, which opens a week later.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:14 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:I think, if they do have a regular trailer, the IMAX 3D version will be in front of Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.

But this is certainly different.
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs isn't coming out in IMAX as far as I know, just 3D.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:42 am

Nah, it's coming out in IMAX 3D. They announced it at Comic-Con - they also announced that Where The Wild Things Are will be in IMAX.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:20 am

Where The Wild Things in IMAX = Poseidon in IMAX?

Honestly, I can't see it doing well and everything seems to working against it (it was filmed in 2007, the test screenings went terrible, the trailers don't even appeal to children).

And if they will run 15 minutes as a trailer, that must mean the film is really long. Like three to four hours long.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:23 am

Buscemi wrote:Where The Wild Things in IMAX = Poseidon in IMAX?

Honestly, I can't see it doing well and everything seems to working against it (it was filmed in 2007, the test screenings went terrible, the trailers don't even appeal to children).
I don't think it will matter about it being filmed in 2007. It didn't have good reactions with kids, true, but it seems to have gotten great reactions from Comic-Con from what I'm reading. I guess adults will like it more than kids. But kids will think its a kids movie from the commercials, so I don't know what will happen to its box office.

And if they will run 15 minutes as a trailer, that must mean the film is really long. Like three to four hours long.
Yes, Avatar is over 2 1/2 hours long.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:50 am

Also, since you aren't a child, how do you know the trailers don't appeal to children? If nothing else parents will take their kids. My mom taught elementary school and preschool for about 15 years and Where the Wild Things Are was always a favorite book for the kids and teachers alike.
MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:57 am

The trailers for the film are too indie-flavored and outsider-like to appeal to children. It's like Warner Bros. and Spike Jonze think that the target group is pretentious hipsters who never go to the megaplex rather than children who want to be entertained for ninety minutes. This is supposed to be a $90 million epic, not 500 Days Of Summer or some other low-budget indie.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:41 pm

I don't think they're trying to appeal to kids with the trailers, I'm assuming they're banking on the name alone to get parents to take their kids. They're probably trying to attract an older crowd with the indie-feel of the trailer.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down