The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June-August Draft League Slates/Standings

+4
Buscemi
transformers2
geezer9687
BanksIsDaFuture
8 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

June-August Draft League Slates/Standings - Page 5 Empty Re: June-August Draft League Slates/Standings

Post by transformers2 Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:30 pm

Slate has been updated. Man i am getting crushed! Are we doing another draft league for Sept-Nov
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

June-August Draft League Slates/Standings - Page 5 Empty Re: June-August Draft League Slates/Standings

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:28 pm

transformers2 wrote:Slate has been updated. Man i am getting crushed! Are we doing another draft league for Sept-Nov

You've got the worst luck in this game, Bruno AND Funny People both flopped. And yeah, I'll probably do another one - all depends if you guys want to do it again.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:06 am

Updated.

Also, I'm surprised that Paper Heart have such a disappointing performance. Either Overture dropped the ball on it or people are really getting sick of Michael Cera (I'm guessing it's the latter).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:47 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:
transformers2 wrote:Slate has been updated. Man i am getting crushed! Are we doing another draft league for Sept-Nov

You've got the worst luck in this game, Bruno AND Funny People both flopped. And yeah, I'll probably do another one - all depends if you guys want to do it again.

Sounds good. How about some kind of an auction league though?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:51 am

I think I've got a hammer lock on this one. Updated.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:03 am

so has everyone updated their slates? I think thats the earliest we've ever done it.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:52 am

Buscemi wrote:Updated.

Also, I'm surprised that Paper Heart have such a disappointing performance. Either Overture dropped the ball on it or people are really getting sick of Michael Cera (I'm guessing it's the latter).

Too many theaters and too many "meh" reviews. Is it a documentary? Is it a narrative? Plus, it just doesn't look interesting.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:55 am

I thought it looked boring as hell
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:30 am

Buscemi wrote:Updated.

I'd lay this one at Overture's feet. They threw together a bit of last minute promotion but this one got the arthouse equivelent of a direct to video dump. A shame too since it looks quirky enough to have attracted the arthouse crowd.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:12 am

Another reason of why I think Paper Heart flopped: did anyone really want to see a movie starring the incoherent Asian girl from Knocked Up?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:32 am

i dont really like the auction idea W. Yeah Banks i am down for sure for another league i think draft leagues are fun even though i blow at it.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:46 am

I'll skip updating for this week if that's ok... The past couple of weeks the UR remained the same as well as the T5 and PTA. BO Total will only go up a few mil, so it'd just be easier to run the numbers from last week.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:24 am

My slate is updated. Sorry it's a bit late. Busy week at work this week so couldn't have my usual extended luch break each day (sshhh!).

Anyway, I would love to do another draft league. My only suggestion is if we keep the exact same players should we delay it one month and have the pick order the reverse of the placings?
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:19 am

I would love to play, but dont delay it a month, we can update the slates on monday. Then start the draft process again, there arent that many great movies coming out that first weekend anyway.... and if anyone wants
em they can surely pick em.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:02 am

I'm fine with the reverse order of the draft. But why delay it?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:09 pm

I am also wondering why delay it we could proably start the draft next week.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:44 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:I'm fine with the reverse order of the draft. But why delay it?

cause I didn't think it through fully. confused
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:09 am

They're saying that whoever had the last pick in this draft would get the first in the next one, not by overall standings. I think that's where you're confused... Or maybe not.

The sooner we start the draft the more chance we'll be done by the time we need to be.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:27 pm

I think it should go reverse order of standings.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:39 pm

They're basically the same thing anyhow.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:26 am

Sorry the delay, but the standings are updated for last weekend.

Geezer continues to ride Harry Potter long and hard to the top. It should be enough for him to finish 1st. Not to mention Julie & Julia.

My slate is finished, Ice Age did well enough to get me to 2nd place (the highest I've been the whole league), but Mr. 3rd place - leestu - has Inglourious Basterd. That'll probably be enough to surpass me and maybe even Geez for the win.

W. also has a couple of late ones in The Time Traveler's Wife and H2, so he might jump into a Top 3 as well.

Buscemi, currently in 5th place, has The Final Destination left, but who knows whether that'll be enough to move him up significantly.

UDM, in second to last place, has the most potential left to jump ahead in the standings. He's got G.I. Joe still trucking along, the soon-to-be critical and financial hit District 9, Ponyo, and maybe some PTA points in My One And Only.

Tranny, however, looks like he'll get a last place finish in this league. If only Bruno and Funny People had lived up to expectations... Well, at least he can take solace in the fact that he'll have the Number 1 pick in the upcoming Sept-Nov Draft League.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:30 pm

I am pretty stoked i get first pick hopefully i can pull out a better finish this next go round.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:57 am

Slate updated.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:04 pm

Shit, almost forgot. Updates please!

Two weekends left...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:25 pm

Finished
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next