The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shryke's the big winner!!!!

+2
Shrykespeare
Keyser Soze
6 posters

Go down

Shryke's the big winner!!!! Empty Shryke's the big winner!!!!

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:40 pm

Tempe wins Wolverine premiere

LOS ANGELES, (April 20, 2009)....In a hard-fought contest stretching over thousands of cities and towns across the Unites States, Tempe, Arizona has emerged triumphant in its far-reaching, citywide bid to nab the world premiere event of X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE, on April 27.

The announcement caps a frenzied two-week period in which entrants launched innovative and viral campaigns, urging fellow residents to enter the Hometown Premiere contest by marking their town with a digital "X" on a special contest website. In each locale, schools, businesses, and of course X-Men and Wolverine fans, joined forces to create special videos posted on YouTube, as well as websites urging residents to enter the contest.

Tempe accumulated the most "X's," narrowly beating out Davis, California in a hard-fought battle to bring home a major "Hollywood" style event.

The "Origins" of the event came from Hugh Jackman, who plays the famed antihero in X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE. Jackman wanted to express his appreciation to the fans by hosting the premiere, in which he will bring the movie and a few of his "friends and enemies" from the film to Tempe. In addition to the stars and filmmakers, the event will have all the other trappings of a mega-Hollywood premiere, including the red carpet, klieg lights and media coverage.

X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE, the first chapter in the X-Men saga, unites Wolverine with several other legends of the X-Men universe, in an epic revolution that pits the mutants against powerful forces determined to eliminate
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Shryke's the big winner!!!! Empty Re: Shryke's the big winner!!!!

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:45 pm

Yeah, I wish.

Turns out only 500 tickets are being given out (less after the VIPs and their friends get theirs). Anyone else who wants a ticket come Monday can start camping out on Friday night.

Sorry guys, my sidewalk-sleeping days are well behind me. I would love to attend this premiere, but considering it's coming only four days later (and the fact that I already asked for 5/1 off from work) means that I pass.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:00 am

All tickets should be given by lottery.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:11 am

They should have handled this contest much more efficiently. Camping out is for fanboys.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:19 am

I think that Jackman should give them away on a televised special. In costume.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 am

So, the 'World Premiere' is out in Arizona on May 27th? Well, considering that here in NZ we are pretty much a day ahead of the US, and we get Wolverine on the 28th, I think we may actually get the official 'World Premiere'....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down