The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM NICO (and, actually, a song)

2 posters

Go down

AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM NICO (and, actually, a song) Empty AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM NICO (and, actually, a song)

Post by Nicodemus Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:51 am

Fellow Fantaversians,

Just a quick note to say, first, I hope everyone had a safe, happy and -- most importantly and perhaps even unavoidably -- colonically challenging Thanksgiving! (Even youse furiners, who variously may be celebrating the Day of the Covenant, the Feast of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, Albanian Independence Day, Yugoslavic Republic -- is there even such a thing, anymore? -- Day, or Churchill's birthday...the Prime Minister, not the cigar, although, y'know, THAT certainly requires some sort of commemoration, too.) For myself, I surely have much to be thankful for this year, most especially the fact that I'm alive, happy and still have my nuts intact. (For now... But that's another story.)

And, second, that by Monday evening I should have posted The.Final.Column.Sort of. authored by yours truly on the Fantasy Moguls Forum. So, watch for that... You'll laugh! You'll cry! You'll kiss three bucks good-bye! Well, you'll chuckle, anyway, and yes, perhaps you may even tear up just a smidge. Good stuff. (And, sure, you can send me the money, too, I won't complain.) [Grin]

I'll be sure to post a copy of it here also, after all it's "here" -- as opposed to, you know, over there -- that's the future of the Fantaverse. But, just for old times' sake, if you want to reply on the ORIGINAL Fantaverse site, well, I can hardly begrudge you that opportunity.

In the meantime, please allow me a moment to sum up how I think we all feel about our time over "there":

(Sung to "The Rainbow Connection". Yes. Really.)

Why are there so many posts on the Forum
And what's the deal with that site?
Movies are attractions, but mainly, distractions,
Contrived patterns of dark and light.
So we've been told, although we don't believe it
There's just so much beauty to see.
Some days we feel it, the fan-boy connection,
'Tween moguls, columnists, and me.

Who said that all good things must come to their endings
Can't things stay the way they are?
Just look what we made, here;
The faithful, who've stayed here,
And look what we've done thus far.
What's so important 'bout this little corner?
It's here that we'd much rather be.
'Cause sometimes it's magic, that fan-boy connection,
'Tween players, and Powers-That-Be.

All of us under its spell,
we know that it's probably magic....

Have you gone to theaters
And listened to Muses?
And heard them calling your name?
Is this inspiration, or merely addiction,
And aren't they one and the same?
I've seen so many things that just astound me,
Imaginations that run free...
Let's all keep enjoying this fan-boy connection,
With Shryke, Mister I, Indy, and me.

Fantasies don't cease to be, not for you...and not for me.

I remain, AS ALWAYS...

Nico.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Location : a subterranean rat hole not far from the Fitzgibbons' farm, and as far removed as possible from NIMH

http://news.fantasymoguls.com/originalcontent/nicodemus/index.ht

Back to top Go down

AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM NICO (and, actually, a song) Empty Re: AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM NICO (and, actually, a song)

Post by Buscemi Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:01 am

Actually, I already had a song for the memory of Fantasy Moguls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxzXSxEeB-0 (audio clip, no video other than lyrics)

But I do love the song The Rainbow Connection. I dedicated The Carpenters' version to Kristen (we're just friends now, but someday...).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down