The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Anticipated Films May-Aug

+14
undeadmonkey
J.I.
BanksIsDaFuture
geezer9687
Keyser Soze
JackO
A_Roode
mfrendo
IPKI$$
Shrykespeare
Buscemi
NSpan
BarcaRulz
transformers2
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Most Anticipated Films May-Aug - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Anticipated Films May-Aug

Post by J.I. Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:03 am

Its aimed at teens from a generation later, NSpan. I mean they could make it a sequel, but the trailer suggests that the robots just got there.

My anticipated movies:
1. Up
2. Night at the Museum 2
3. Transformers 2
4. I don't know, maybe Star Trek
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Most Anticipated Films May-Aug - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Anticipated Films May-Aug

Post by IPKI$$ Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:05 am

Yeah, the new one is assuming the first 3 never happened. It's a complete re-imagining of the terminator franchise to cash in on title-based popularity.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:38 am

oh................................ lame.
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:56 am

Despite the reboot talk, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn all reportedly have cameos.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:10 am

I would say that its more of a prequel. This movie happened before they sent Kyle Reese back in time to save Sarah Connor in the first one
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:54 am

I've heard Salvation is the prequel to the first two, and acting like the third never happened. Or something like that.

But no wonder there's confusion, McG doesn't even know:

Question: The continuity was always a little flexible in the movies. What's your take on the timeline?

McG: Well there's no doubt that the beginning of T3, for example, begins with a bit of a punt. As to what happened at the end of T2, and there's some rejuggling of the timelines. We're largely treating it as though the bombs have gone off. I'm not going to share with you what the date is where the bombs go off, and we come into the picture in 2018. We do the best we can to honor the timelines that have been put into place. I think it ultimately feels very satisfying. If we've done our job properly, then this will be regarded as the statement of the time and the place and the where and the when and the why and the how. And it comes from a place of doing a lot of research with, you know, futurists, with scientists who talk about how long it would take the atmosphere to clear itself out so you could actually go back outside and do your thing. we're trying to just sort of amalgamate three pictures, and amalgamate the intention. And then answer that to the best of our ability. Again, there are certain things that are in stone. The T-800 comes in 2029, you know, we're building towards that place. Therefore if hardware should show up in 2018, that was supposed to be around in 2029, that's a problem for John Connor.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:03 am

Buscemi wrote:I think The Hangover and The Proposal look awful.

The Hangover is basically a bad looking remake of Very Bad Things with the director in the nadir of his career (I mean, if it's got Heather Graham in it and it was made after 1999 then it can't be good). And believe it or not, they are already writing The Hangover 2 even though this one hasn't even opened yet. But expect the poor returns of this one to put the sequel on hold.

Meanwhile, The Proposal looks way too much like New In Town but featuring illegal immigration in the plotline instead of a job transfer. Sandra Bullock is a bad choice to play an illegal immigrant while Ryan Reynolds shall prove once again why he's a terrible comedy actor and that he should only do dramas. The only thing I found interesting in the trailer was that Craig T. Nelson looked old.

Also, I can't believe that there's interest in a fourth Final Destination. Only the first one was good and they totally could have prevented the sequels had they kept the deleted pregnancy subplot and used the closed ending. But the test audiences had to have their way and we got the awful sequels. The only redeeming value of Final Destination 2 was Tony Todd while Final Destination 3 had that "Choose Own Your Death" option on the DVD making a mediocre film somewhat interesting. As for 4, don't be expecting me to pay $10.50 to watch the same "we cheated death...again" bullshit but with only slighty better 3-D than the terrible My Bloody Valentine remake. Instead, I'll be seeing H2 to see if Zombie learned from the mistakes he made on Halloween.

The Hangover looks hiliarious. I could care less about a potential sequel, if it even happens.

The Proposal looks alright, more typical rom-com stuff. But Ryan Reynold is a great comic actor for Waiting alone.

And I know a lot of people don't care for FD, but personally, I love it so I'll look forward to any that they continue to make. And all 3 of the FD movies were way better than Zombie's Halloween.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:25 am

The Hangover doesn't look great to me, but, to be honest, I'll see anything starring Andy "Nard-dog" from the Office...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:53 am

Im with Banks i think The Hangover looks hillarious i mean come on Mike Tyson singing Phil Collins thats genius and the cast is great and the test screenings have been going over well so hopefully it will turn out good.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:14 am

So far this year I have a hard time being excited about anything but the major blockbusters of the summer. Has anyone seen anything that really looks like it will be amazing as far as limited or less popular releases?
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:23 am

Just saw a trailer for 500 days of summer finally, and i'm excited. Definitely looks damn funny. Plus I love JGL and Zooey Deschanel...Also, I'm getting pumped for Sam Mendes's attempt at a pretentious Garden State ripoff, Away We Go, although the trailer is a little uneven it still looks hilarious and heartfelt...which is a requirement nowadays.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:39 pm

Saw the Trailer for the Hangover with Observe and Report. Holy shit was that hilarious. I will see anything with Zach Galifinakis. It looks great. I can't wait.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:00 am

becs wrote:So far this year I have a hard time being excited about anything but the major blockbusters of the summer. Has anyone seen anything that really looks like it will be amazing as far as limited or less popular releases?

Well, I'm very excited for Moon and The Brothers Bloom, while Taking Woodstock looks great as well. Having said that, the blockbusters are definitely my most anticipated movies of the coming months.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:27 am

I was excited about Taking Woodstock till i found out Ang Lee was directing i have a terrible grudge against him. i will proably still see it because of my love for Demetri Martin. on another note does anyone know when a full length G.I Joe trailer is going to come out?
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:32 am

It's rumoured to be released with Star Trek, 6th May. The trailer for Taking Woodstock looks great, no gay cowboys in sight T-Bone!
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:50 am

But Taking Woodstock is said to be gay-oriented however.

I saw the (500) Days Of Summer trailer today with Sunshine Cleaning. That film looks fucked up, but in a good way.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:25 am

silversurfer19 wrote:It's rumoured to be released with Star Trek, 6th May. The trailer for Taking Woodstock looks great, no gay cowboys in sight T-Bone!

Great! i am excited for the trailer release of G.I Joe because im intrigued but i want to see more than the 30 second super bowl spot to judge it by. The Taking Woodstock trailer looks alright i will proably see it.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:05 pm

I feel ya on the G.I. Joe thing tranny, I want to want to see it, but that superbowl spot left me underwhelmed, and a lot of the stills i've seen don't look too promising...I'll probably see it either way, but I just hope they don't pull a Transformers on yet ANOTHER one of my favorite childhood TV shows.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:29 pm

If GI Joe can be half as good as Transformers, I will be pleased. I just don't see it happening. I think it looks awful.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:47 pm

T1 spoilers ahead, though I doubt it matters here.

T2 is both a prequel and a sequel to T1 because, sorry if I spoil this for anyone, but they take over the place, Arnold gets sent back as well as John's buddy/father Kyle. They stop Arnold from changing the future, so the future is the same whether its a prequel or sequel, so the same future = both a sequel and prequel to T1.

I believe it is a prequel to T2. Its been a while since I've seen it, but I'm pretty sure that they don't destroy SkyNet in this one, but they could because I haven't read into it in detail.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:47 pm

geez i would also be please if G.I Joe was half as good as Transformers. Since Transformers is amazing.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:15 am

Right, almost forgot who i was talking to.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by jas_8382 Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:01 am

Most Anticipated for Summer 2009
1. Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen
2. Star Trek
3. Terminator Salvation
4. Up
5. Public Enemies
6. Inglorious Basterds
7. Funny People
8. Drag Me To Hell
9. 500 Days of Summer
10. Moon

jas_8382
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:16 am

Here are my lists, I made two list because there are some smaller films that i am really looking forward to seeing too, but most i will probably have to wait for dvd.

Blockbusters

1. Transformers
2. Harry Potter
3. Star Trek
4. Up
5. Terminator Salvation
6. Year One
7. The Orphan
8. Wolverine
9. Ice Age 3
10. The Proposal

Indies

1. The Hurt Locker
2. 500 Days of Summer
3. Easy Virtue
4. Summer Hours
5. Adam
6. Moon
7. Rudo y Cursi
8. The Brothers Bloom
9. My Sister's Keeper
10. Fireflies in the Garden
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2