The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Procedure For Making Pricing Lists

+13
leestu
JackO
jas_8382
undeadmonkey
Keyser Soze
NSpan
transformers2
A_Roode
silversurfer19
SuperShaan
Buscemi
numbersix_99
Shrykespeare
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Procedure For Making Pricing Lists Empty New Procedure For Making Pricing Lists

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:39 pm

Attention Fellow Fantaversians,

I would like to announce that starting with the March-May season, there will be a new procedure in coming up with a viable pricing list for the Fantaverse to use. Since it seems that the product of this procedure will be universally accepted as THE pricing scheme for the whole of the Fantaverse and whatever myriad tournaments and leagues that may be formed from it, I feel it's necessary to do so in order to make the game as competitive, as disparate, as COOL as possible.

The December price list, if you recall, was something that I had to cobble together on my own rather quickly. The January and February lists I complied by selecting movies that uniformly appeared on the schedule for ComingSoon.net, creating a rough draft for prices, and then running it by former FM columnists Chien and Mister Informative, tweaking the prices based on their input. And it seems to have worked. Case in point: in the Super Leagues Ultimate Full-Year Round Two, 53 of the 54 available films have already been chosen by at least one player. (Nobody wants The Janky Promoters, I guess. Can't say I blame them, as I fully expect that film to be unceremoniously yanked any day now.)

But Swedgin! (aka The Artist Formerly Known as Nicodemus) came up with a different idea that I feel would not only be more democratic, but it will give a lot of YOU a chance to have a say in the way the game is played. His idea was to have a seven-person panel, which would include four mainstays (myself, Swedgin!, Chien, and Mister Informative), along with three other spots that would rotate from month to month. It is my hope that many people, if willing, will be able to throw their hat into the ring, and be part of this process, which would work like this:

1. I would create a list of movies for the upcoming season, and then e-mail that list to the remaining six panel members.
2. They would create a pricing scheme for those movies, both Box Office and Ultimate, and send it back to me.
3. For each title, I would throw out the highest and lowest price, and average the other five, rounding off to the nearest whole dollar.

I would like to get everyone's opinion on this system, and please let me know if you would be interested in participating, or being one of the rotating three. Before you volunteer, however, I think it's only fair that a prospective panel member meet a few basic criteria:

1. They should be someone who comes by these boards frequently, and not just someone who drops by once a month.
2. They should be someone who consistently and habitually plays both the Ultimate and Box Office games, and hence understands the difference between the way certain films are priced.
3. They should be someone who can be counted upon to return an e-mail within 24 hours if need be.

So, that's it. Please let me know what you guys think, and I'll add your names to a short list of prospective panel members. I already have a list of movies set to go for the March season, and geezer has already volunteered to be one of the three rotating panel members, so if any of you want to be one of the other two, please respond quickly, as I want to have a viable pricing list to disperse to the whole of the Fantaverse by Tuesday, February 17th (the day after the four-day President's Day weekend).

Thanks,
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

New Procedure For Making Pricing Lists Empty Re: New Procedure For Making Pricing Lists

Post by numbersix_99 Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:44 pm

Count me in
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

New Procedure For Making Pricing Lists Empty Re: New Procedure For Making Pricing Lists

Post by Buscemi Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:57 pm

I'll be the last one.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:13 pm

Okay, six, Buscemi, I will now mail you the pricing list. Thanks for volunteering.

Anyone else interested, I'll put on the list for next month and following months.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:26 pm

I'll do it.
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:36 pm

Hey Shryke, I told you once before that I don't have the software to open .xls files and that they should be sent as .pdf files. But I can understand you forgetting.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:44 pm

That system sounds very fair, do I meet criteria no.1.... [wink] If so, I'll do the next round.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:05 am

You can put me on the list too Shryke. I don't mind helping out.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:13 am

Will do, surfer, Roode. BTW, Roode, I still don't have your ROund Two Ultimate picks.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:46 am

i will gladly help out however i can.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:29 am

Buscemi wrote:Hey Shryke, I told you once before that I don't have the software to open .xls files and that they should be sent as .pdf files. But I can understand you forgetting.
i think a lot more people have the software to edit spreadsheets than pdf's..

and anyone who doesn't can just get this:
http://www.openoffice.org/
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:12 am

Be glad to help, but since I don't play the Ultimate game (Feel free to insert snide remark here), I may not be the best at giving pricing ideas for that version.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:36 am

I think the system sounds awesome, and i would be glad to help
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by jas_8382 Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:30 am

Sounds good, count me in.

jas_8382
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:29 am

I'll take a number.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:57 pm

I will volunteer for one of the rotating 'guest' pricing slots.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:35 pm

Okay, here's how the "guest" pricing schedule is going to go:

Mar-May: geezer, Buscemi, numbersix

Apr-Jun: SuperShaan, silversurfer, A_Roode

May-Jul: transformers2, undeadmonkey, jas_8382

Jun-Aug: JackO, leestu, (?)

If any of the people listed in the April, May and June lines above would like to volunteer, we need someone to step in for Mister Informative this month, as it seems he's rather busy. If you volunteer, I will send you a list of films, and you would have to come up with a pricing scheme by tomorrow (Sunday at the latest). Are any of you game? (If not, I understand, it's a lot to do in a short time, so if not, we'll jsut go with a panel of six instead of seven this time around.)

To Keyser: sorry, my friend, but given that you're not a regular Ultimate player, I can't really include you here. Hope you understand.

If anyone else would like to "take a number", please do so. If no one else does, the rotation will start with geezer once the current list of volunteers runs out.

Thanks.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:51 pm

I can do it.
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:24 pm

Okay, Shaan. I've sent you the list. Thanks a million.

Here's the new schedule:

Mar-May: geezer, Buscemi, numbersix, SuperShaan (subbing for Mister Informative)

Apr-Jun: silversurfer, A_Roode, transformers2

May-Jul: undeadmonkey, jas_8382, JackO

Jun-Aug: leestu, (geezer), (numbersix) - unless someone new volunteers, in which case, they get these spots
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:24 pm

Woo! I get to help choose the all important May-July season, how exciting!
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:13 pm

I'm happy to do Jun-Aug if no one else comes on board
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:38 am

I actually had a lot of fun doing my price list. It took quite a while, and caused me to build a top in both dollars and PTA every week for 3 months, but down the road, that will make me a better player. But like I said, it was time consuming.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by delfinasu Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:53 am

Can I subscribe? Smile I would like to make some prices Wink)
delfinasu
delfinasu
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

http://delfinasu.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:05 am

I don't think so delfi, because you only play the Box office game right?
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by delfinasu Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:55 am

I subscribed also for Ultimate Super Leagues this year... Smile But if I'm not eligible, no pitty! Smile I just wanted to help...
delfinasu
delfinasu
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

http://delfinasu.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next