The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My List of The 100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs Of All Time

+6
silversurfer19
NSpan
numbersix_99
undeadmonkey
BanksIsDaFuture
transformers2
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My List of The 100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs Of All Time - Page 2 Empty Re: My List of The 100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs Of All Time

Post by NSpan Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:57 am

geezer9687 wrote:I enjoyed the Departed, and saw the Ring, before I knew they were remakes.
i'm not saying those movies can't be enjoyed without some kind of prerequisite knowledge of the original--i'm just saying you can benefit from the perspective
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

My List of The 100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs Of All Time - Page 2 Empty If you like Old School R & B . . .

Post by jess_sayin Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:56 pm

There is this DJ, Herb Kent, he's 80 years old and still spinning records on V103 Chicago on the weekends, Saturday mornings 8-12 and Sunday afternoons 12-7, Chicago time. Here in Chicago we call them "Dusties", old soul and R & B records from mostly the 60's, 70's and 80's. I really highly recommend listening to him (streaming live) if you enjoy this era of music because you never know what you will hear, but definitely The Isley Brothers, The Stylistics, The Chi-Lites, Curtis Mayfield, The O'Jays, plus stuff like Billy Stewart, Bobby Womack, The Gap Band, just a total variety of classic and lesser-known tunes from this era. Like he'll play,for example, Cutie Pie by One Way, Baby I'm Scared of You by Womack and Womack, Silly by Deniece Williams, Yearning for Your Love by The Gap Band. It's my favorite era of music.
jess_sayin
jess_sayin
J.J Gittes
J.J Gittes

Back to top Go down

My List of The 100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs Of All Time - Page 2 Empty Re: My List of The 100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs Of All Time

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:21 pm

WHAT?!?!?!?

There's a version of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre that doesn't star Jessica Biel????
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:44 am

wow this blew up... i love rap but i realize that it samples from other places i understand and i actually didnt know that Woo Ha and The World Is Yours sampled other songs. Anyway i like a lot a music and i am kind of sick of people saying that rap takes no talent because it does.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:40 am

transformers2 wrote:i actually didnt know that Woo Ha sampled other songs.
even the title is borrowed (although it can be considered homage), check it out:

1:53, 3:59, etc
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:37 am

I'm with you, Tranny. Although, there is a lot of crap in the genre, those artists who do it well are those who can break away from the social stereotypes of a modern urban upbringing and make it accessible and relatable to people of all walks of life...Just like, GASP! any other genre of music or anything else for that matter.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2