The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Interested In A New Tag Team League?

+10
IPKI$$
SuperShaan
leestu
silversurfer19
undeadmonkey
transformers2
MisterInformative
Keyser Soze
BarcaRulz
Buscemi
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone Interested In A New Tag Team League? Empty Anyone Interested In A New Tag Team League?

Post by Buscemi Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:52 am

I know that W hasn't been around in a while, but is there any chance that another league could be attempted without his involvement? It's just I really enjoyed it the first time around (and did the second time until my teammate disappeared) and I want to see it comeback.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Anyone Interested In A New Tag Team League? Empty Re: Anyone Interested In A New Tag Team League?

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:46 pm

The best thing about tag-team is when there is discussion/sledging... We need players who post on the boards here alot to make it interesting.

Also, i'm sure W will be back at some point, but i don't see why we can't start one without him until he comes back.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Anyone Interested In A New Tag Team League? Empty Re: Anyone Interested In A New Tag Team League?

Post by Buscemi Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:49 pm

When do you want to start?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:25 pm

If someone will explain what a tag team league is (Please use small words), I'd do it
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:29 pm

You've got the same rules as a regular box office league, but this time you've got two players and $150. The two players must work together as a team on picking titles and on strategy. For things to work, you and your teammate must have reliable means of communication such as e-mails, private messaging and social networking.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:05 pm

What the heck. I'll give it a go. Do you pick your own team mate or are partners assigned?
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:17 pm

There is a draw. Usually W does it but since he's not here at the moment, we'll need to make a decision.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:41 am

I'd participate. transformers2 and I are having a respectable showing in whichever one is currently going on.
MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:55 am

Sure im in.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:05 am

ill play
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:09 am

I'm in, although I don't know anyone who would want to be on my team. Everyone I tag up with ends up leaving the site....
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:00 am

I'm in.

How are we doing in the current one Barca? With 1 week to go and Paul Blart going strong can we win it?
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:07 am

count me in.
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:33 am

I'm all for this again, AND if W isn't around and able I'm more than willing to set up and handle all of the league stuff...or whatever.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:51 am

I will play as well.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TBB Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:54 am

I would like to too Smile

TBB
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:39 pm

In the words of Sarah P: You betcha!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:52 pm

So, I'm guessing enthusiasm for this (one of my favorites) has died down? Right now, I've got 13 people as interested in playing if we could get just 5-7 more we could have a good amount of teams to start up another round for the march season...It's a shame it had to stop, it really was one of the more fun leagues in my opinion.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:56 pm

I think it's more because of the fact that we have fewer members than before. A few of the people from the old site (such as RedRaider, my teammate from the last competition) have disappeared completely since the sites changed.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:25 am

I'm in...in fact, if it's cool with you all, I think TBB and I should remain a team, as we won the last round...kind of like a champions thing...that is, if you all aren't scared that we might woop y'all again...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Well, that's how it would've worked anyway...I think W's rule was the winners get to stay together and the 2nd and 3rd place teams can if they'd like but no team HAS to if they want to try to switch strategies up.

So, 14 gives us 7 teams, but we still have a while till the next season anyway.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:20 pm

It doesn't look like we'll be getting many more people in this one, and since we have a week and a half left...I'm gonna call it at 14 players, giving us 7 teams.

MFrendo and TBB will remain a team and I will assign random matchups for the remaining 6 teams which I'll post very shortly. This will give us all time to start strategizing and whatnot.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:53 pm

I just finished assigning the teams, (I literally just put all of our names in a hat and picked) and I double-checked so that besides Team F (MFrendo and TBB) all of the teams are new match-ups.

Here we go:

Team A= Buscemi & SuperShaan
Team B= IPKI$$ & BarcaRulz
Team C= Leestu & Transformers2
Team D= KeyserSoze & Silversurfer19
Team E= Shrykespeare & Geezer9687
Team F= MFrendo & TBB
Team G= Mister Informative & Undeadmonkey

So, now that we have our teams all set we can get underway.

Just to reiterate: All 7 teams have a budget of $150 that they can use to build a slate of up to 16 movies, the team whose combined slate has earned the most money will be the winners.

I will be doing weekly standings updates by tuesday at the latest of each week. I will get a thread open so that we can post our slates and changes and have discussions and all that good stuff. Or you can email me your slates to actorcomicstan@yahoo.com and I'll keep track of them. Let me know if there are any questions andd good luck to TeamB!

And I guess to everyone else, too.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:13 am

Wow, team E looks a formidable pairing, I'm happy with my team mate though, Keyser is a very worthy tag team partner. Only problem is we are both comic geeks so I expect we will have quite a few comic films in our slates...
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:38 am

I was thinking the same thing, Herald, but I feel this round's pairings are all very well-rounded. Everybody brings a different dimension of thought to the game. It'll be interesting to see how Barca and I do as teammates...Hopefully there are no hard feelings left over from the fantalympics. (That's one horse that'll never die, sorry Barca!)
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next