The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jan 16th Weekend Estimates.. HOLY SHIZNIT!

+14
BanksIsDaFuture
Shrykespeare
mfrendo
geezer9687
thswrestler160
undeadmonkey
NSpan
JackO
Spectre
johnErle
J.I.
Buscemi
J-Man
BarcaRulz
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jan 16th Weekend Estimates.. HOLY SHIZNIT! - Page 2 Empty Re: Jan 16th Weekend Estimates.. HOLY SHIZNIT!

Post by Shrykespeare Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:39 am

If picking it causes him to win, Roodey may have to change his studio names from "Blarg!" to "Blart!"
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Jan 16th Weekend Estimates.. HOLY SHIZNIT! - Page 2 Empty Re: Jan 16th Weekend Estimates.. HOLY SHIZNIT!

Post by mfrendo Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:43 pm

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:Can anyone explain how in the hell Paul Blart is the number 1 movie in the country? I don't see the appeal there.

And $19 for only 5 Top 5 points? Thanks alot, Bride Wars.

Yeah, Bride Wars turned out to be a big pile of crap for the money it cost. And I had it in pretty much every slate...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Well, you kind of saw it coming when the trailer was filled with poor dialogue and jokes and when the film got a PG rating instead of the PG-13 needed to make this type of film a hit. Also, the final trailer did too much to appeal to children and therefore made the film's dialogue make less sense (plus they made TWO uses of the cliche crowd gasp sound*, one was already enough).

Another possible reason is probably the title. When I first saw the title and its release date on the Internet, I was convinced that the film was a Friedberg/Seltzer film. A better, more interesting title could have been Bride vs. Bride (an easier way to explain the plot) or You May Now Kill The Bride (a play on You May Now Kiss The Bride).

*-you know that sound
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:37 pm

I think you're right Busc, You May Now Kill The Bride would actually be pretty catchy.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:If picking it causes him to win, Roodey may have to change his studio names from "Blarg!" to "Blart!"

So very tempted to make it happen, *lol* Good one Shryke! Very Happy
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:56 am

Saturday Night when i saw Notorious it was almost full at a 9:20 showing nothing was sold out at my theater that night.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:29 am

Wow...Who would have thought that Kevin James falling off the face of the Earth a few years ago would be just what he needed to become a *Gasping Crowd* box-office draw?!?
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:33 am

He didn't exactly fall off the face of the Earth. Barnyard and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry were decent performers for him.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:46 am

Well, I was including Chuck and Larry...I didn't know about Barnyard. I was just referring to the end of his show being the end of his career, but it looks like he might not fall victim to the curse.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Interesting fact: if Gran Torino continues its successful run, it will be the highest grossing film of Clint Eastwood's career in terms of raw dollars. His current best is $101 million, held by Unforgiven.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:14 am

Buscemi wrote:Interesting fact: if Gran Torino continues its successful run, it will be the highest grossing film of Clint Eastwood's career in terms of raw dollars. His current best is $101 million, held by Unforgiven.
I think it is almost guaranteed. The damn thing only dropped 25%. It will bust 100 mil by Februrary at the latest.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2