The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shryke's Ultimate and Box Office Leagues

+2
silversurfer19
Shrykespeare
6 posters

Go down

Shryke's Ultimate and Box Office Leagues Empty Shryke's Ultimate and Box Office Leagues

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:54 am

Okay, guys, here are a few fundamentals.

First, since my leagues are off-the-cuff and all changes have to be done through e-mail, obviously, I don't have the ability to "lock down" a weekend's titles once the clock turns to Friday, so here's how it will work. I presume all of you know what your rosters are that you posted/sent me. If not, I will remind you when I post the first weekend's standings (everyone's current roster will be listed at the bottom).

I will also make an announcement sometime Friday morning or afternoon, BEFORE the first receipts are counted, of which titles were picked by which players. I figure by that time, any last-minute changes people may have PM'd me with or dumped into my inbox will have been taken into consideration. When I make said announcement, anyone who has a film debuting that day will be set in stone, just like it was at FM.... including myself, just so no one can accuse me of nefarious activity.

The weekly standings, which I will post on these Message Boards as well as my own website, will look similar to the ones currently in place for the Super Leagues. Not exactly the same, but similar. It should be easy enough for everyone to follow and interpret. However, keep in mind that I do make mistakes from time to time (everyone at once: "No shit, Sherlock."), so if you notice something is amiss, please, let me know.

Box Office Mojo's final weekend updates are usually up by Monday evening. I will go over each title on IMDb to check their User Rating on Tuesday (that should be enough for them to count any new additions for the weekend). And I will endeavor to post the updated results, barring any extremely important personal business or emergency like flood, pestilence or an extremely ticked-off spouse tongue by late Tuesday.

As I said on another thread, in a couple of weeks I will begin compiling a pricing sheet (BO and Ultimate) for the January-March season. This will involve the usual "casual" Ultimate and BO leagues like the ones starting on December 5th, but also the first round of the Super Leagues. Once I have run the pricing lists by Indie and Mr. Informative and made any tweaks that they deem sufficient (and I hope that satisfies everyone's doubts as to its veracity), I will send said sheets via e-mail to everyone who REGISTERED for the Super Leagues (as well as posting them here and on TLMR). I am sure that there will be a lot of people who no longer wish to participate, but if we can keep the number of entrants around 40 or 50, that will be enough to keep it going.

So, as of this moment, here is how this weekend's films look:

Ultimate (Tim Allen) league - 29 entrants so far:

Shryke42 - Frost/Nixon
JackO - none
Mister Informative - Frost/Nixon
BanksIsDaFuture - none
numbersix_99 - Punisher, Hunger
transformers - none
rasgriz - Hunger
brockster - Hunger
mutard7 - Frost/Nixon
TheJMan - none
becs - none
Shaan - Punisher
geezer - Frost/Nixon
englishozzy - Hunger
Nightbird - none
Dantic - none
chugsthemonkey - none
MrHam - Frost/Nixon, Punisher
leestu - none
synestro - Frost/Nixon, Hunger
aquamann - Frost/Nixon
NSpannaus - Frost/Nixon
Audrey the Conqueror - Frost/Nixon, Punisher
Chienfantome - Frost/Nixon
Donte77 - Frost/Nixon, Punisher
mfrendo - Frost/Nixon
jfs556 - Frost/Nixon
helfy91782 - Frost/Nixon, Punisher
BarcaRulz - none

I don't have current studio names for mfrendo, jfs or Barca.

Box Office League "Under New Management" - 30 entrants

Shryke42 - none
JackO - none
Buscemi - none
Mister Informative - Frost/Nixon
numbersix_99 - Punisher, Cadillac
transformers - Punisher
Keyser Soze - Extreme Movie
brockster - none
mutard7 - none
SamIAm2000 - Punisher
TheJMan - Punisher
Shaan - Cadillac
geezer - Punisher, Cadillac
rasgriz - none
W - none
silversurfer - none
chugsthemonkey - Cadillac
lillylovelost - none
Dantic - none
jess_sayin (aka lainiediamond) - none
leestu - Punisher
aquamann - none
Audrey the Conqueror - none
Chienfantome - Frost/Nixon
Alyson - Cadillac
Donte77 - Punisher
Graywolf - none
jfs556 - Punisher
delfinasu - Cadillac
BarcaRulz - none

If you want to make changes, now's the time.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Shryke's Ultimate and Box Office Leagues Empty Re: Shryke's Ultimate and Box Office Leagues

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:00 am

Did you get my PM, Shryke. I have made both my ULT and BO slates for this season, and was wanting to be included in these leagues. They are the same as the ones I currently have on these boards.

And my studios would be called: Lightyear's Ahead for the ULT league and A New Hope for the BO league

Last edited by silversurfer19 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Shryke's Ultimate and Box Office Leagues Empty Re: Shryke's Ultimate and Box Office Leagues

Post by mfrendo Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:01 am

I'm pretty sure I sent you a studio name, Shryke...in fact, I believe you mentioned you liked it when you replied back...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:32 am

Yes, surfer, I have your slate now.

Mfrendo.... sorry, senior moment. You'll have to tell me again what it is, I think I deleted that e-mail.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:24 pm

I know it's early, but I have compiled a preliminary pricing list for the January season. As per the wishes of the Fantaverse, I will submit it to my fellow "columnists" for inspection. In a couple of weeks, I'll be sending out e-mails to see who is still interested in participating.

I trust everyone who has made the journey HERE is still interested? (Rhetorical question, guys, no need to respond.)
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:06 am

Did you get my PM, Shryke? Its got both of my rosters on it.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:11 am

Is it too late to join your Ultimates league?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperShaan Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:10 am

Shryke, I should also have Hunger and Frost/Nixon coming out this weekend for my ultimate slate.
SuperShaan
SuperShaan
The Genie
The Genie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:18 am

Shaan:

You're right about that. Sorry.

W:

Yes, I got it.

Buscemi:

No, it's not too late. Let me know what your roster is.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down