The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And now we are hit with a real tragedy...

+8
Donte77
Keyser Soze
IPKI$$
transformers2
W
J.I.
Buscemi
geezer9687
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

And now we are hit with a real tragedy... - Page 2 Empty Re: And now we are hit with a real tragedy...

Post by becs Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:51 pm

geezer9687 wrote:
becs wrote:Wow, I thought everyone was talking about Willie Mays, no clue who Billy Mays is. I'm with the anti-obit crew, I mean essentially you are placing undue greater value on the life of someone with even a small amount of fame, as if that makes them a greater person. I am all for being reverent and honoring the contributions of others in their passing, but ultimately none of those who have died in the past week will negatively impact the world by passing so I don't see why people are acting like they were Mother Theresa.

They may not negatively impact your life, considering you don't even know who Billy Mays was. But to those of us who enjoyed his presence, it most certainly will have a negative impact. Its different than with Michael Jackson, who was just completely nuts and molested children and hadn't done the thing that made him popular in many many years. Billy Mays was at the top of his game when he went out. My friends and I just had a conversation last week about how funny it would be to see Billy Mays do a commercial for the fleshlight. We even talked about filming one ourselves, and now he's gone.

So maybe to you this isn't negative, and doesn't have an impact on your life, but to me, I loved watching the guy. He was the best in the entire world at his job, and I loved watching him perform his craft.

You losing someone you find entertaining isn't a negative impact, if you think that then you are the problem with the world I'm trying to point out. A negative impact is losing someone who is an important part of your fiscal or emotional support, someone whose absence will literally change your future life. Billy Mays has no impact on your immediate life beyond the fact that you will find someone else entertaining.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

And now we are hit with a real tragedy... - Page 2 Empty Re: And now we are hit with a real tragedy...

Post by geezer9687 Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:03 pm

Well if loving Billy Mays is wrong I don't wanna be right.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2