The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the Admins...

+5
undeadmonkey
BarcaRulz
geezer9687
Buscemi
theez1
9 posters

Go down

To the Admins... Empty To the Admins...

Post by theez1 Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:06 am

An introduction:
My name is Eddie, aka The EZ1, and I'm the owner of ez1productions.com. For those that don't know, it's a box office movie game site that started in 2002 in a very similar fashion to what you guys are attempting to do with this forum. In the late 90's a very popular site called mrshowbiz.com (owned by ABC) held a summer and holiday game each year where you were given a studio and some money and you had to buy/sell movies in an active market and then keep the ones that you felt would make you the most money. In 2001, Mr. Showbiz retired and the game and site were taken down. A group of players from the game started a Yahoo group and continued to play their own version of the game until I came along and recreated the game and made it our own. Since 2002, two other games have been added to the site as well as an active forum and movie reviewing process. I'm currently having the site redesigned and I'm upgrading the forum and some other features.

The Proposal:
My goal has always been to be the main web site for box office movie games. All games are free to play and all offer cash and prizes. Now that Moguls is dead, I'd like to offer up my resources to you guys. I think it would be a benefit to you and the games you run to be on an established site instead of this free forum site. I can't commit to programming a new game at this time due to my busy schedule, but I can offer up my current forum (Lounge) as a place for you to continue the games, my expertise on running box office games, and most importantly, players.

I don't expect anything in return for my services. I do all of this for pure enjoyment and I don't make any money on the site. On the contrary, almost all of the prizes are out of my own pocket and donations by my members.

If you would like to talk more in private, please feel free to email me, otherwise I'll check back in to this forum to view responses.
theez1
theez1
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

http://www.ez1productions.com

Back to top Go down

To the Admins... Empty Re: To the Admins...

Post by Buscemi Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:23 am

I used to be a part of your site (around 2003-2004). I didn't like that you only counted the first two weeks of box office (causing films like Fahrenheit 9/11, Dodgeball and The Notebook not to truly show their worth) and the sign-in was a bitch, which is why I stopped using the site.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by theez1 Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:34 am

Buscemi wrote:I used to be a part of your site (around 2003-2004). I didn't like that you only counted the first two weeks of box office (causing films like Fahrenheit 9/11, Dodgeball and The Notebook not to truly show their worth) and the sign-in was a bitch, which is why I stopped using the site.

The game you are referring to, The Box Office Challenge, counts the first three weekends of release. The key to the game is playing the market before the movies are released though. All three of your examples were pretty big movies in the Summer 2004 game, as they all made over 3 times their selling price back in the first 3 weeks.

Not sure what could have been wrong with the sign in process, it's a simple user name and password log in. I am currently trying to figure out how to get the forum's log in to match the rest of the site though. They are done in different programming languages so they require two different user name/password combos.
theez1
theez1
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:29 am

EZ1:

The thing is, we are Fantasy Moguls players. We love fantasy moguls. We loved it the way it was. What we are trying to do here is recreate exactly what we had over there. This forum is working fine, even better than the one we had over 40,000 posts on over on the other site. It will not be very hard to run by ourselves. Time consuming and not very streamlined yes, but not difficult to run the same game.

We appreciate your offer, and I'm sure a few may join your site and if they recommend it, more will join. But we have a pretty dedicated community that wants to continue what we had over on the other site.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theez1 Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:56 am

Just to clarify, I have no wish to administrate, take control of or change the game. I think the only way you can successfully recreate it however is if you have more visibility and access to the many interested players that are on my site (I have over 2000 registered members).

If there's enough of an interest in the game maybe someday we can talk about what it would take to program a new game as opposed to doing it in a forum or through email.
theez1
theez1
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:32 am

theez1 wrote:Just to clarify, I have no wish to administrate, take control of or change the game. I think the only way you can successfully recreate it however is if you have more visibility and access to the many interested players that are on my site (I have over 2000 registered members).

If there's enough of an interest in the game maybe someday we can talk about what it would take to program a new game as opposed to doing it in a forum or through email.

If you know how to, i would be very interested in trying to set up something like FM. Not now obviously, but in the very near-future (ie: a couple of weeks).

I am handy with a PC and know my way around code so if you do want to give it a try just PM me here and we can talk about it when i get back online in a few days.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:13 pm

I've also played there before, a while back. and its interesting. but its not the same as FM. the games are a bit different.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Kompressr Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:39 pm

I joined just to check it out, but I didn't really like the format or style of the games...It is much different from FM and plus, it doesn't have the likes of some of us over there, which thus, doesn't motivate me to cross over. Lol.
Kompressr
Kompressr
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:30 am

Thanks, but no thanks. Like Geez said, what makes this forum is the community on here, not the games. Sure we could all be playing these games which function much more fluidly than on here but really, I am quite happy with us being in total control of our games.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:36 pm

What he (surfer) said.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:38 am

Some people are "Glass half full" people while some are "glass half empty" people. I am a "Who stole my fucking glass" people and so I am perfectly content to play our own game for now with us in control. We were part of a movie game community that just decided to ditch us like used condoms to concentrate on retarded facebook apps concerning which baseball player was blowing his coach so forgive us if we don't rush to yet another site. Thanks for the offer and all and good luck.

I already had a home. It was killed but we resurrected it. Now I have a new home. king
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum