The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And The New Freddy Krueger Is...

+5
BanksIsDaFuture
transformers2
W
A_Roode
Buscemi
9 posters

Go down

And The New Freddy Krueger Is... Empty And The New Freddy Krueger Is...

Post by Buscemi Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:14 pm

Jackie Earle Haley! Yes, Rorschach will be the new Freddy Krueger in the upcoming remake. And since Robert Englund doesn't want to play Freddy anymore, I don't mind the choice. The guy's freaky looking, people can become scared of him and he's got the scary voice. I would have considered Terry O'Quinn (he plays good villains and he's revelant right now with Lost) or Mickey Rourke (he's a hot property and he's got the face) for Freddy before Haley but I still like the choice.

Here's more on the casting:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=54220
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

And The New Freddy Krueger Is... Empty Re: And The New Freddy Krueger Is...

Post by A_Roode Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:09 pm

This is a great choice. Jackie Earle Haley hasn't let me down in anything I've seen him in since his career comeback started (with 'Little Children'). I had little interest in this series reboot to be honest, but this is a strong signal that they're taking it seriously. I'm in!
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:15 pm

When he had his mask off in Watchmen he looked like Steve Nash if Nash didn't shave or shower for a couple of weeks.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:04 pm

this is a great casting choice. nom i am slightly intrigued to see it now.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:34 am

This certainly gives this remake some gravitas, akin to Christian Bale doing Terminator. I mean before he came aboard, was anyone really interested?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:36 am

Very good choice. Actually, this is pretty much the perfect choice, he not only looks the part, but he is a very good actor.

Thank god the rumors about BillyBob getting it were complete crap.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:17 am

as everybody else said, great casting there
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:40 am

BarcaRulz wrote:Very good choice. Actually, this is pretty much the perfect choice, he not only looks the part, but he is a very good actor.

I'm trying to imagine Billy Bob Thorton playing it. He's got the sneer and the sarcasm but not really any of the menace. Kind of a necessary ingredient in a horror film villain, wouldn't you say?
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:05 am

A_Roode wrote:
BarcaRulz wrote:Very good choice. Actually, this is pretty much the perfect choice, he not only looks the part, but he is a very good actor.

I'm trying to imagine Billy Bob Thorton playing it. He's got the sneer and the sarcasm but not really any of the menace. Kind of a necessary ingredient in a horror film villain, wouldn't you say?

Agreed. If anything, he would have been perfect if they wanted to make fun of the character, but i don't think BillBob can pull off insanely menacing, so it's a good choice they made.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:07 am

Of course now we've just jinxed ourselves and he'll be cast in "Horror Movie" or whatever cinematic abortion Seltzer and Freidberg have dreamed up for us next.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:18 am

You didn't hear? They're doing 'Seltzer/Friedberg Movie', in which they somehow manage to screw up making fun of themselves.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:35 am

IPKI$$ wrote:You didn't hear? They're doing 'Seltzer/Friedberg Movie', in which they somehow manage to screw up making fun of themselves.

Well, at least the casting should be easy. You can pick up two of them at any good adult sex store.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:21 am

Rorschach is a two time MVP of the NBA...

And The New Freddy Krueger Is... Capt.2b2c1864aaec41ef897fe9cef277c2c6.jazz_suns_basketball_azrs104

And The New Freddy Krueger Is... MV5BMTk0MzY3MjExNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU3MzIzMg@@._V1._SX598_SY400_
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:32 am

W wrote:When he had his mask off in Watchmen he looked like Steve Nash if Nash didn't shave or shower for a couple of weeks.

Rorschach looked more like Alan Kalter from Letterman.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:59 am

That definitely looks like rorschach from where I'm sitting...and guess what? I was just at my local movie stop and they always have trailers playing on the TVs for the upcoming dvd releases, and it seems that not even a whole month after being released in theatres, Watchmen is already slated for a dvd release very soon. Talk about one of the biggest BO bombs of the century, huh? It'll very likely not fare much better on DVD unless they have some REALLY good special features. Here's hoping Zak Snyder will never work again. Especially with that stupid fucking owl movie!
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:14 am

Watchmen isn't supposed to hit DVD until July, I think.

Also, movies get announced for DVD release while still in first run all the time. I remember when Night At The Museum's DVD release date was announced just weeks after the film opened (the DVD release was to have been in March). But because the film was still in first run in March, the DVD was pushed back and some DVD guides still reported a March date. The DVD came out in April while the film was still in second run.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:23 am

I didn't see anything with a date, I just thought it was weird considering this place showcases dvds coming out within the month usually. And it was a really long spot. They already have the empty cases on the rack where it will be too. But I guess July is about right, since anything it was going to do at the box office is already done and over with.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:33 am

W wrote:Rorschach is a two time MVP of the NBA...

And The New Freddy Krueger Is... Capt.2b2c1864aaec41ef897fe9cef277c2c6.jazz_suns_basketball_azrs104

And The New Freddy Krueger Is... MV5BMTk0MzY3MjExNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU3MzIzMg@@._V1._SX598_SY400_

Laughing That was the perfect picture.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:52 am

IPKI$$ wrote:Watchmen is already slated for a dvd release very soon. Talk about one of the biggest BO bombs of the century, huh? It'll very likely not fare much better on DVD unless they have some REALLY good special features. Here's hoping Zak Snyder will never work again. Especially with that stupid fucking owl movie!
Rolling Eyes

a starless, hyperviolent, R-rated adaptation of a relatively obscure (not to mention highly complex) comic book--with NO previous franchising history--that clocks in at over 2-and-a-half hours and has already made $105M domestically ($172M worldwide) is "one of the biggest BO bombs of the century"??

the expectations on this one were ridiculously through-the-roof.. failure to meet impossible demands does not equal failure..

Snyder is getting sandbagged by the media--with every entertainment publication declaring Watchmen a "flop" and citing ludicrous comparisons like Speed Racer (which opened at $18M and topped out at $43M domestic).. and people are actually eating it up!!.. i guess sensationalist "news" sells.. but this is getting ridiculous..

(btw, the movie has an 8.0 at IMDB and a 65% at RT...)

when you take into account the legal battles, the cross-platform marketing, and pipe-dreams created by the success of The Dark Knight, Watchmen wasn't a success.. but it certainly wasn't a total failure either.. unfortunately, middling words like "moderate" or "decent" don't send newspapers flying off the shelves.. but not every movie is either a bona fide mind-blowing smash-hit or a studio-crippling box office failure.. there ARE movies that just do "OK"

when talking about "the biggest BO bombs of the century," Watchmen doesn't even enter the conversation.. in no way is it comparable to the likes of Delgo, Speed Racer, or Pluto Nash..

edit: IPKI$$, sorry if it appears that you were the target of my mini-rant.. mostly this is just something i've been meaning to say in general--you just reminded me about it
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:37 am

No hard feelings, I understand your perspective, but $105mill. in a whole month with a $150mill budget not including what I'm sure was a very expensive advertising campaign is definitely a failure in my eyes.

Also I tend to speak in hyperbole for dramatic effect.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum