The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every Dog has it's day, but not this one. (Special features are important kids!)

+2
Donte77
JackO
6 posters

Go down

Every Dog has it's day, but not this one. (Special features are important kids!) Empty Every Dog has it's day, but not this one. (Special features are important kids!)

Post by JackO Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:34 pm

In a near instant replay from what happened with the "Let the Wrong One In Debacle," Fox messed up the DVD release of Academy Award winning film, Slumdog Millionaire. Nikke finke says,

Fox Screws Up 'Slumdog Millionaire' DVD

There was a bad batch of Slumdog Millionaire DVDs released without the special features advertised on the box. Missing are "The Making Of" featurette and the "Deleted Scenes" among other promised content. Needless to say, a lot of buyers are complaining to Amazon about it. The web seller has added this note:

DVD Alert: We are aware that special features were missing from a number of Slumdog Millionaire DVDs. Fox has set up a hotline telephone number (1-888-223-4FOX) for those consumers who may have purchased a version that does not contain special features. Upon calling the hotline, these consumers will be able to have their disc replaced for one containing special features. Fox regrets any inconvenience this has caused.

At least this time there is a hotline and consumers are not completely screwed.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Every Dog has it's day, but not this one. (Special features are important kids!) Empty Re: Every Dog has it's day, but not this one. (Special features are important kids!)

Post by Donte77 Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:30 am

Only difference is that Slumdog had press and LTROI was this tiny little release with no press. Slumdog gets a hotline, LTROI buyers get fucked.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Every Dog has it's day, but not this one. (Special features are important kids!) Empty Re: Every Dog has it's day, but not this one. (Special features are important kids!)

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:07 am

All the more reason to hold off and not buy on first release.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:22 am

It probably would make more sense to release separate single and double disc releases so to keep this from happening.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:21 am

I usually wait to buy dvd's until the price goes down, or i can find used copies. It saves so much money. Although there are "I have to have it NOW" moments
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:55 am

Very glad I held off on buying it today, I'll probably wait for awhile. FOX is stupid for even releasing it so early, it's still in the Top 15 box office and I think is still in over 1,000 theaters. They must hate money...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down