The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

__YEAR_ONE__

+4
transformers2
silversurfer19
BanksIsDaFuture
undeadmonkey
8 posters

Go down

__YEAR_ONE__ Empty __YEAR_ONE__

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:37 am

Even though I hate Jack Black and his movies, and im not that big a fan of Michael Cera, I think this trailer is hilarious, and this movie is probably in my top ten anticipated for the summer, if not top 5.

What do y'all think?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

__YEAR_ONE__ Empty Re: __YEAR_ONE__

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:54 am

I'm surprised the MPAA let them get away with that "sit on the poleist of polies" line...

But looks just ok to me, I'll check it out eventually. I was the only one laughing in the theater when Michael Cera first appeared in his gold get-up. It's just such a random and weird shot.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:00 am

I'm with you UDM, I think it's hilarious. Great to see some of the cast of AD getting in on the act too. I showed it to my wife the other day who wasn't that interested at first, but on seeing the trailer its one of her must sees this year. That usually is a good thing.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:21 am

I think it looks pretty funny. I will check it for sure. btw has any seen the trailer for Funny People? that looks hysterical.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:29 am

I'm really looking forward to Funny People. I love Judd Apatow's work in general, and with Adam Sandler (who was actually Apatow's roommate in college), Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill etc. it should be amazing.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:40 am

mfrendo wrote:I'm really looking forward to Funny People. I love Judd Apatow's work in general, and with Adam Sandler (who was actually Apatow's roommate in college), Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill etc. it should be amazing.

completley agree i adore Judd Apatow everything he does [for the most part] is great so i am really looking forward to this.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:06 am

Funny People is going to be amazing! But, I have a feeling it's going to be a tad different than what most people will be expecting. Which could hurt it's BO.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:52 pm

I am really looking forward to this. The cast is bloody amazing, even the smaller cameo roles. The Cain and Abel extended scene is hilarious, Paul Rudd and David Cross fighting it out Year One style is great.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:04 pm

transformers2 wrote:
completley agree i adore Judd Apatow everything he does [for the most part] is great so i am really looking forward to this.

Did you see Freaks and Geeks or Undeclared? Both were Apatow shows that got cancelled after 1 season, but are on DVD. Freaks and Geeks stars James Franco, Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, and Linda Cardellini (and is my fav of the two), and Undeclared had Seth Rogen, with some others you may recognize, and Adam Sandler doing a guest spot.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:19 pm

mfrendo wrote:
transformers2 wrote:

Did you see Freaks and Geeks or Undeclared? Both were Apatow shows that got cancelled after 1 season, but are on DVD. Freaks and Geeks stars James Franco, Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, and Linda Cardellini (and is my fav of the two), and Undeclared had Seth Rogen, with some others you may recognize, and Adam Sandler doing a guest spot.

Freaks and Geeks is fantastic. Everything about is both hilarious, and on some level, actually true. I loved that show, and it's still saved and read for repeat viewing whenever i want it.

Undeclared was great as well, but IMO, not as good as Freaks and Geeks.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:59 am

"You cut me off at mid-funk!"
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:59 am

mfrendo wrote:
transformers2 wrote:

Freeks and Greeks was great havent seen Undeclared but will check it out.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum