The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My trailer is up on youtube!!! For those of you interested in seeing it

+2
Swedgin!
geezer9687
6 posters

Go down

My trailer is up on youtube!!!  For those of you interested in seeing it Empty My trailer is up on youtube!!! For those of you interested in seeing it

Post by geezer9687 Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:04 am

So I did this for a project for my TV Production Class. Its a trailer for a spoof movie. I am pretty proud of it especially considering it took only one day to film and edit. I hope you all get a kick out of it. The audio for the speaking parts kind of sucks, I hope you can make out the dialogue. But really its mostly non-stop action footage. Tell me what you think. Enjoy:

Ridiculously Over The Top Cop Movie Film For Theaters

There are no current plans to go ahead with making the film, if anyone was wondering. I don't think we'd have enough time, but maybe that will change.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

My trailer is up on youtube!!!  For those of you interested in seeing it Empty Re: My trailer is up on youtube!!! For those of you interested in seeing it

Post by Swedgin! Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:55 am

Dude. Kirk Hammett needs to quit it with the Big Macs. F@$%er looks like he ate Ron Jeremy.

My trailer is up on youtube!!!  For those of you interested in seeing it Kirk-hammett7
Quick, someone toss a handful of trail mix in there!

ETA: He sure has got some moves, tho. ...Also, loved the Mel Gibson ref, but... Operation Dumbo Drop? Really?

...REALLY?
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

http://www.deadwood.org

Back to top Go down

My trailer is up on youtube!!!  For those of you interested in seeing it Empty Re: My trailer is up on youtube!!! For those of you interested in seeing it

Post by geezer9687 Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:05 am

Can you come up with a single better movie to be used in that scenario, for the sake of comedy, because well, we were editing this at 2 in the morning in my school's editing room and well, we sure as hell couldn't.

And yeah, he's the only one that actually, ya know, has any martial arts experience. You should have seen him trying to choreograph me. Let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. He's also a whiz at Final Cut, and if i can get a copy of his video, where he recreates the final scene of The Good The Bad and The Ugly using only himself, I surely will. It's better than mine.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:11 am

It's funny. I wasn't criticizing, only being my usual smart-assed self. [Grin]

My trailer is up on youtube!!!  For those of you interested in seeing it Stadler-waldorf
I'm the guy on the right
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

http://www.deadwood.org

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:14 am

And you succeeded. I couldn't stop laughing at the first line. I'm so glad this place exists.

P.S. When aren't you the guy on the right
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Hey Geez,

I think for a college project it's a mighty good idea.

If there was one thing I'd say, and it's something I feel about most student shorts/ideas, is that it needs to be shorter and if possible, edited faster. But it's got a good core, which is more than I can say of a lot of student ideas. Keep up the good work!
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:32 pm

Swedgin! wrote:ETA: He sure has got some moves, tho. ...Also, loved the Mel Gibson ref, but... Operation Dumbo Drop? Really?

...REALLY?

Now Showing:
Don Knotts in Operation Dumbo Sex
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:29 pm

I know six, it did turn out a bit long. But hey, Like I said I put it together in a day. If I had longer to tweak it, it probably would have been cut down. But there's two reasons that didn't happen.

A) I didn't want it to be too short, as the project was "Do anything you want, anything at all, and its due at the end of the semester." So I didn't want it to be too short and look half-assed.

B) I am a procrastinator it its purest form, and didn't even start this until the day before it was due. So I didn't really have the time to perfect it.

Thanks for the comments and the advice. It is much appreciated.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:35 am

Geez, I enjoyed it. As someone who does sketches myself, I can appreciate the work that went into this. The editing in certain places, especially that awesome fight scene, was pretty damn good for a student, or anyone for that matter. Keep it up!
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:38 am

Sorry I hadn't noticed this thread, but I'll give my two cents, late is always better than never. I actually thought it was ok. My brother in law is a director, and loves doing funny crap like this, really taking the piss out of real movies (he recently finished a short called 'The Grinder' [a take on Grindhouse] - in which he plays a guy trying to sell a grindhouse movie to an exec., but the exec. thinks it's a coffee advert....). I think this kind of thing is quite good to basically learn all about how to make a movie etc, while still keeping it fun. And there were some great action scenes too, especially the cop roll, classic! One thing though, if it does ever get made, get rid of the Clint Mansell music, its been done to death already.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:52 am

The credits are the best part.

"DANNY GLOVER OWNS" Laughing
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:25 am

The fact that the music has been done to death already is kind of part of it, Surfer. I figured, if we are supposed to be making a spoof movie, why not use music that has been absolutely done to death. That and I like it and it just worked. But this was a totally independant project, any actual film would not use that music.

I'm glad you liked it Surfer. And remember, this was put together in a night. Probably 6 solid hours of actual work. I'm in film production next semester so I'll probably have some more polished work and I'll put that up for you guys to enjoy. I made him do that cop roll, he was skeptical about it, but I wanted it in there so bad Smile

And yes, Danny Glover Owns Smile

p.s. I hope people got the direct Shaun of the Dead ripoff in the beginning. That's what we were going for anyway.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:37 am

I got the Shaun Of The Dead ripoff. In fact, it was probably too direct. One of the rules of spoofing is that you cannot spoof a spoof. Another rule is you can't lift an entire comedic sequence and still expect it to be funny.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:59 am

That part wasn't really meant to be funny. Just paying an homage to one of our favorite films that has given us inspiration. And thought it would be a good way to show on screen just how unlikely the hero is.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down