The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

+11
geezer9687
Donte77
undeadmonkey
transformers2
mfrendo
BanksIsDaFuture
silversurfer19
W
leestu
NSpan
Buscemi
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by Buscemi Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:25 am

I've seen the video of the rats overtaking the combination Taco Bell/KFC in Greenwich Village and the rat movie that the director of Cane Toads did, but not the video of the rats of in the Outback.

By the way, did everything go fine during the dust storm?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by NSpan Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:54 am

who the heck said that Observe & Report was "too dark"? it was hilarious

WAY better than Foot Fist Way (which I also liked, for the record)
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:55 am

It was the other side of the country. That was freaky. Did it make the news over there?
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:59 am

For you Boush.

leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:24 am

leestu wrote:It was the other side of the country. That was freaky. Did it make the news over there?

How was the earthquake in LA, Busc? ;)
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:47 pm

Buscemi wrote:I don't get scared very much at the movies (real life and vermin are scarier to me), but the end of Quarantine scared the shit out of me.

[REC]'s ending is so, so much scarier. That was literally one of the scariest movies I have seen in the cinema in recent years. Apart from that most horrors I watch in the cinema seem to be comedy horrors (see Drag Me To Hell, Dead Snow, Shaun Of The Dead) which are more fun to be in a cinema with a lot of others rather than scary. Another which did freak me out was 28 Days Later, totally scary.

Glad to see our hype didn't lead to a let down for you Banks for OldBoy, it really is so great and its good to hear of another fan.

And I know someone who lives in Sydney and witnessed the dust storm. They live on Manly and couldn't get into work because all the ferries were stopped in case of collisions.

Oh, and leestu, don't be too hard on mice and rats. We have owned quite a few rats and they are one of the best kind of pets you can have. They are so cute and really affectionate. They really know how to clean up after themselves too, so very tidy!!
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:00 pm

I never saw [Rec]. The movie went straight-to-video here.

Back to topic. I watched Cane Toads last night. Would it be safe to call them "likeable rogues"?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Wasn't Quarantine a shot-for-shot remake of REC? So shouldn't the endings be the same?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:27 pm

Yeah, Banks, but the guys reasons for doing what he did are different. The reason for REC is WAY better, but prob would generate a shitload of controversy since the church protests every little thing that doesn't go their way...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:16 pm

I watched the mice in the Outback video. That's Greenwich Village times 1,000.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:09 am

Observe And Report 7/10

A huge letdown. It was pretty good but it didnt reach its potential. The funniest part by far was the cameo with Danny McBride Funny Shit right there.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

I watched Harvie Krumpet again last night. Great animated short that shows that even the most disadvantaged can lead fulfilling lives.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Watched Dexter for the first time on Saturday. The pilot was good i am intrigued and will proably watch more.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:04 pm

Watched The Long Long Trailer last night, was interesting to see Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz outside of the sitcom, but the movie overall wasnt very memorable.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:14 am

Started Smallville Season 7 last night. Also borrowed the BSG series from a friend. Will be watching it eventually.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:30 am

Recently watched The Boondock Saints for the first time. I'd always dismissed this movie as retarded, without ever seeing any part of it. I'm not sure why. But I fuckin loved this movie, it's got some great pre-Zack Snyder slow-mo action and Willem Dafoe is funnier than I've ever seen him before. He had one-liners for days...

"There was a FIIIIIREFIIIGHT!!!"

9/10
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:42 am

I just watched it again a few days ago, I swear it gets better every time. 100000000/10

Also watched The Secret Life of Bees the other night. I liked it more than I thought I would. Good acting, good story. Still not really my style, but a solid 7.5/10
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:23 am

Watched Mamma Mia as an experiment to see which was stronger: my affection for musicals versus my dislike of ABBA.
Not surprised at the result. 5/10
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:32 am

Jukebox musicals aren't really my thing.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:37 am

Never heard the term 'Jukebox musical' but I imagine that's more like what Fame would be, or Glee on TV, whereas Mamma Mia is more halfway between that and a traditional musical but on screen instead of stage.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:47 am

A jukebox musical is when it is a musical but it contains no original music on the soundtrack. Examples include Mamma Mia and Across The Universe.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:30 am

Well that's my "you learn something new every day" knowledge for today.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:49 pm

Glad to hear we added another member to the Boondock Saints fanclub. My friends and I watch that movie over and over. I have probably seen it 15-20 times. 10/10
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Starting watching Jericho, pretty good so far
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:53 pm

Just watched the new TV movie remake of Children of the Corn.

As comic book guy would say; WORST. MOVIE. EVER! (or at least of the year).

I gave it a 2/10 just because it had two decent scenes in it, other than that it was a poorly acted, poorly written, never scary, sometimes unintentionally funny disaster.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next