The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

online ticket sales

+2
BarcaRulz
wildlemming
6 posters

Go down

online ticket sales Empty online ticket sales

Post by wildlemming Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Hey guys
I stumbled upon your forum looking for some informations about upcoming releases and statistics.
I'm doing a research and what I'd really need is a website with charts for online ticket sales. I think about fandango.com but I guess there's no way to show up how many online tickets has been sold for "New Moon" or "2012" just to name a couple. I already googled it but all the websites I've found only have informations on actuals releases and show no stats about upcoming movies.
Is there anything like that?

Thanks a lot!

wildlemming
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Back to top Go down

online ticket sales Empty Re: online ticket sales

Post by BarcaRulz Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:09 pm

First of all, welcome to the forums.

Secondly, I don't think i've ever seen pre-sale ticket NUMBERS published before a movie is released. You could usually find percentages of which movie sold how many percent of total pre-sale tickets, but those are available a couple of weeks before a film is released (they are the same ones as the ones on Fandango).

Maybe wait around for one of the forumers from the US to answer cause they would know more about this than I do.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by wildlemming Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:50 pm

thanks for your welcome Very Happy
hmmm.... maybe that might be helpful. having percentages would be a good thing but I really can't find any link on fandango! perhaps also movietickets.com could have the same thing...

wildlemming
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by wildlemming Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:52 pm

btw... I used to play at fantasymogul time ago and I'm actually a player in the MMGWar. I heard you too are playing it

wildlemming
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:05 pm

Yep, we are playing it here, as best we can. Have a look at the Currently In-Play leagues to see how it's done. Pricing lists can be found in the Slates sub-forum if you feel like giving it a crack for old times sake.

If you are interested, you can still enter for the Sep-Nov regulars leagues that Shryke is running.
----

Also, for the percentages, check Steve Mason and Nikkes websites because they usually put the stats up (deadlinehollywooddaily.com).
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:45 pm

And Shryke can put you on the mailing list to let you know when the Super Leagues start up again...

If you meant that we're playing MMGwar, a lot of us are on there as well. We play here and there. If you want our pricing list, it's under the "slates" forum, or here's a direct link to this month's:

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net/slates-f23/september-november-pricing-list-get-your-slates-in-now-t749.htm

Its got box office and ultimate pricing on it. You really haven't missed anything unless No Impact Man or Amreeka does extremely well.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by wildlemming Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:41 pm

yea I thought those two releases were doing good.
I'd really like to join you but honestly I have to see if I can make it with my spare time, I'm really taking the whole thing as a serious hobby Very Happy

wildlemming
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:21 am

I'm fairly certain New Moon and 2012 only just went on sale, so the pre-sales would be relatively insignificant at this point anyway.
MisterInformative
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:32 am

I'm confident in saying the New Moon has sold more pre-sale tickets than anything else coming out this year.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:03 am

Seconded, Banks.

Meanwhile, I don't expect 2012 to sell well in advance. Avatar and Sherlock Holmes will most likely do better in advance sales than 2012.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum