The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

+25
BarcaRulz
IPKI$$
Swedgin!
Shrykespeare
Keyser Soze
numbersix_99
geezer9687
RonBurgundy
becs
mfrendo
A_Roode
Donte77
Alyson
BanksIsDaFuture
Synestro
silversurfer19
undeadmonkey
W
lillylovelost
JackO
Buscemi
MisterInformative
transformers2
leestu
NSpan
29 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" - Page 39 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Post by packpaljs Sun May 03, 2009 9:36 am

I watch Shadows & Fog (Woody Allen), I posted my review in the Movie Club under Alice.

Also I watched Superman 1978, okay I recently watch II and I loved it. I guess I've never actually watched Superman from beginning to end. What is so freakin' fantastic about this movie. Seriously, this movie is terrible, the first 45 minute build up was way too long and so boring. Brando dropped on my best actors list for not only signing up to do this piece of crap but for doing a horrible job in it. Hackman is such a numbnuts and not intimidating at all. I'm so glad I only bought this for $3.99, I understand it's a must own, but I fell asleep during the interview part with Lois Lane and I'm going to have to force myself to watch the rest of it.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" - Page 39 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Post by W Sun May 03, 2009 11:31 am

I watched a new show (I guess) called Pitchmen. It has Billy Mays and that Anthony Sullivan guy in it. They're in business together and take people's inventions/products and try to get them going. Not too bad. You realize that Billy Mays is a pansy and an a-hole. I kinda figured that before though...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun May 03, 2009 11:49 am

Their organization needs Ron Popele as the head and the ShamWOW guy as the guy that does their dirty work.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Tue May 05, 2009 12:45 am

Do The Right Thing 9.5/10

My God this movie was fantastic. This movie was so powerful and touching but it was also funny. Stunning Movie.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 05, 2009 1:22 am

Well I'm pretty sure that is the biggest disagreement we will ever have tranny. Unless you start liking Crash on me.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue May 05, 2009 1:37 am

I'm watching Intervention right now from someone's YouTube channel. This is some pretty powerful stuff.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Tue May 05, 2009 1:54 am

Watching The Hunt for Gollum. It's a fan made film. pretty good

https://www.dailymotion.com/us/video/x93zji_the-hunt-for-gollum-hd-version_shortfilms
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Tue May 05, 2009 2:57 am

geezer9687 wrote:Well I'm pretty sure that is the biggest disagreement we will ever have tranny. Unless you start liking Crash on me.

proably true havent seen Crash yet its been on my netflix queue for a long time.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue May 05, 2009 6:32 am

the movie that tranny loved is my most despised movie EVER.. i can't believe something so vile got to be so revered (but i guess that could be said for a lot of things... heck, look at Apple)
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 05, 2009 6:55 am

It would definitely be in my top 10 most despised, possibly top 5.

On to what we watched tonight: Frenzy 8.5/10

Disturbing movie. Very well done. Quintessentially Hitchcock. Loved the way they ended it and the acting was excellent.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Tue May 05, 2009 7:05 am

I thought Do the Right Thing was okay, nothing to special, I did like how they flipped it at the end. But still I found myself playing Domino's with my wife while we watched it, so it couldn't have been that great.

I just watched The Ox-Bow Incident, first time, I had this movie on my eye for several years now, but it just never found it's way into my home. But thanks to Netflix instant view I was able to watch it. I loved it, it had the same feel as 12 Angry men, only with a western angle and not the happy ending you want. I enjoyed it, IMDB has this on the top 250 and I wouldn't put it that high, but for any movie buff, I recommend this movie, if anything just for Henry Fonda, he's always a pleasure to watch. Overall 7/10.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 05, 2009 7:07 am

Updated Hitchcock list:

Blackmail- 7/10
Sabotage- 7.5/10
The 39 Steps- 9/10
Young and Innocent- 6/10
Shadow of a Doubt- 9.5/10
Spellbound- 7/10
Notorious- 7.5/10
Strangers on a Train- 8/10
Rear Window- 10/10
Vertigo- 7/10
North by Northwest- 9.5/10
Psycho- 10/10
The Birds 8/10
Frenzy 8.5/10
Family Plot (next week, wrapping up the class)
Rope (not on the list, but saw in another class)- 9/10
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Tue May 05, 2009 7:09 am

Two that aren't on your list that I really enjoyed. Lifeboat and Rebecca.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 am

My list is only the films that we have watched in my Hitchcock class, plus Rope. I would like to see more, but there are only so many weeks in a semester. The rest is up to me.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue May 05, 2009 8:28 am

Top 10 Most Despised Movies (not a least favorites list)

in order

American Pie
Armageddon
Dances With Wolves
Hot Rod
How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days
Juno
The Matrix Reloaded
The Sixth Sense
Top Gun
Transformers
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue May 05, 2009 8:29 am

maybe Hot Rod is just too sophisticated for you Wink
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 05, 2009 8:29 am

4 of those are on my top 100 and another one should be... Hmmm, that sounds about right.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 06, 2009 12:21 am

What's wrong with American Pie...?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed May 06, 2009 1:32 am

4 of this are also on my top 100 but i actually agree with you on Dances With Wolves and Armageddon. Plus whats the beef with Do The Right Thing?
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed May 06, 2009 8:38 am

Tranny you must have missed that argument over on the other site, but it was epic. I'll let NSpan do the argument if he wants, I just don't have the energy in me right now to bash that film as hard as it deserves...

Oh wait, it was because I am a racist... at least that was what the supporters said.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs Wed May 06, 2009 8:41 am

I just had my hair blown back by M 1931. My first viewing of this German classic and I will be putting this on the before you die list. It was a-ma-z-zing! 10/10, and when you think this was done in 1931, it's almost unbelieveable.
packpaljs
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 06, 2009 10:12 am

I remember that Do The Right Thing debate, it got pretty ugly.

And I will be watching Star Trek tomorrow night!!! I win!!!
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Wed May 06, 2009 10:34 am

I want to see M one of these days

What's Do the Right Thing?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Wed May 06, 2009 10:40 am

don't worry about it
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed May 06, 2009 10:47 am

hahahahaha that was my laugh out loud moment of the night lol!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next