what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Post by undeadmonkey on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:35 am

Saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless MInd. 4/10, by the time he sat down in the chair to get the procedure done, i had figured out the movie, and the rest was just erasing memories. boring memories to be exact. I dont understand the high praise its gotten from some of yall.

and excuse me, but just because we live in the south or in Texas it doesn't make us rednecks
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now"

Post by NSpan on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:43 am

undeadmonkey wrote:Saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless MInd. 4/10, by the time he sat down in the chair to get the procedure done, i had figured out the movie, and the rest was just erasing memories. boring memories to be exact. I dont understand the high praise its gotten from some of yall.
i'd say it's EASILY Charlie Kaufman's best... take that for what it's worth
NSpan
Borat
Borat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture on Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Watching The Savages right now, forgot how much I liked this movie in the theater.

Was watching Parking Wars before my cable froze up for no reason, and I missed the end of the episode. I don't know why I watch that though.
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:31 pm

Over the last couple of days I have watched Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown, which I found hilarious and easily vaults itself into my top 5 Almodovar's. Also rewatched His Girl Friday for what must be the first time in over 10 years. I had forgotten how brilliant it was, with Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell in spell binding form. The banter between the two of them is at breakneck speed and so fascinating to watch. An absolute gem and one I will certainly not forget about come my next top 100 list of all time.

Watched Leon too, another of my favourites, can never tire of rewatching it. Gary Oldman is such a great actor.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:01 pm

Did some movie watching this week.

Raw Meat. 1972 british "horror" movie. Ehhh blah. 2.0 / 5
A Cock and Bull Story: Not impressed. There were a few laughs but it was very very dry. It was neat seeing at least 2 british actors that I recognized from Danny Boyle films. 2.5 / 5
Lunacy (Sileni'). First ever Czech horror movie I have seen (to my knowledge). Odd and not really horror but it was interesting. Stop-Motion tongues of pigs were crawling on the grouund and up walls. 3.5 / 5
Donte77
Marv
Marv

View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Tonight we went to see Let The Right One In after it was finally released in cinemas over here. I'm glad I went along with Frendo's appreciation of the movie and chose it ahead of Bolt, Despereaux and even The Spirit (I'll probably get around to watching it at some point but I have been very put off). A truly beautiful movie with some fantastic cinematography, excellent acting all round and a script which Twilight would have died for. Some creat effects too considering its budget. My favourite film of the year and it would have made my top 10 of last year quite easily too. I urge everyone (Geez included) to watch this.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:57 pm

NSpan wrote:
Buscemi wrote:You know what especially find funny yet interesting at the same time about Idiocracy? The film is set in Texas (though a setting is never mentioned, it was shot in Austin) and Texas in a way could be the epicenter of stupidity right now.
Austin is the 5th most educated city in America...

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/departments/elearning/?article=educatedcities

edit: it's also ranked as the 10th "greenest" city as well:

http://www.popsci.com/environment/article/2008-02/americas-50-greenest-cities?page=1

Keep Austin Weird

And Keep Buscemi Informed ;-)
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:58 pm

silversurfer19 wrote:Over the last couple of days I have watched Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown, which I found hilarious and easily vaults itself into my top 5 Almodovar's. Also rewatched His Girl Friday for what must be the first time in over 10 years. I had forgotten how brilliant it was, with Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell in spell binding form. The banter between the two of them is at breakneck speed and so fascinating to watch. An absolute gem and one I will certainly not forget about come my next top 100 list of all time.

His Girl Friday is probably in my Top 10. Without doubt it's one of the 3 greatest comedies of all time.
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:31 pm

Even me, Surfer? Shocked Laughing

Check out my blog! http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

View user profile http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:49 am

The Wackness 9/10

Loved it. Really good story. Also kinda cool to see Josh Peck in a serious role also Ben Kingsley was very good in it glad he actually took a good role choice for once unlike most of his other recent films
transformers2
Borat
Borat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:54 am

geezer9687 wrote:Even me, Surfer? Shocked Laughing

Well, Geez, I've come to know by now that if it requires subtitles, your outta there. But seriously, I know they are remaking it, but for the cinematography, score and acting alone, you should check it out. I'm absolutely dead sure those elements will be lost in the remake, and instead turn into Twilight Mach II.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:58 am

Over the last couple of days, I have been watching, and sometimes just bearing through the wife's choices...

Dark City - Brilliantly realised and almost a carbon copy of what was to follow from the Wachowski's The Matrix. I love the gothic setting and Richard O'Brian is terrifically unsettling. Kind of forget its The Crystal Maze guy....

How To Make An American Quilt - Very tedious and definitely a slumbering afternoon affair. Only bonus was Winona looking hot as ever. Rest of it was very monotonous, the wife loved it. I think its one of her guilty pleasures....

The City Of Lost Children - I love this movie, haven't seen it in a while but it fantastically dark and creepy, just what you need to scare the wits out of kids! Jeunet again proves, alongside Caro, how he is a master of the fantastical imagery he creates.

Cloverfield - Didn't work even nearly as well as it did in the cinemas, and I seemed to notice the monster that little bit more than I thought I had previously. Still highly enjoyable, with some very memorable scenes. But why couldn't the main guy have just dumped the gf and live happily ever after....

A Life Less Ordinary - I love all of Boyle's work, and this is no exception, despite the tepid reviews it received on release. A killer soundtrack, enjoyable performances as always from the leads, and Holly Hunter is smoking hot in this. Very entertaining.

Insomnia - The original Danish effort. Maybe its because I had seen the Nolan effort first, but I found this didn't come up to scratch with the remake. Unusual for me, as I usually prefer the original. Didn't really connect with the lead character, or the villain, didn't even get the same sense of sleeplessness that Pacino gets in the remake. Still engrossing enough, just not as good as I thought it would be.

The Lady Vanishes - Hadn't seen this one before, but I found it highly entertaining. Very similar plot to Flight Plan, but executed to a much better effect (as you would expect from Hitch). Not his best, but still a decent movie.

Russian Dolls - A brilliant sequel to Pot Luck (or The Spanish Apartment as some know it). Romain Duris is fascinating to watch, while Audrey Tautou is mesmerizingly beautiful as always. Very funny at times, with a decent soundtrack and some nice visuals.

Wow, I watched a lot of movies recently....

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:10 am

I recently watched:

The Ref- I didn't know that J.K. Simmons was in this. And it's good to see pre-fame Denis Leary (after MTV and No Cure For Cancer but before becoming a great dramatic actor and familar voice talent) and Kevin Spacey (after his Oscar worthy performance in Glengarry Glen Ross but before winning two Oscars).

Straw Dogs- Peckinpah sure has inspired lots of filmmakers over the years with this one. And what did you think with the ending? Was David going to kill Niles or was he simply getting him to safety?

Starship Troopers- the characters aren't very convincing Argentinians but you can't wrong with Verhoeven and him bringing back some of RoboCop's talent (such as the co-writer, producer, cinematographer, composer and Phil Tippett). Plus, Michael Ironside is awesome in this and I liked Dina Meyer as the film's Anne Lewis but only tougher.

My DVD's: http://damntheseloginnames.dvdaf.com/

The film lasts 99 minutes. The terror lasts forever.
Paranormal Activity
Now playing in select cities, coming soon everywhere.

Don't see it alone.
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:26 am

Straw Dogs was an interesting one. I don't know if I can say I enjoyed it,(can you use that word with this type of movie?) but it definitely did have an impact upon me. Very good score throughout (ominous at first, rousing, almost fanfare like by the end), brilliant editing and fast cutting angled shots. And yes I can definitely see the inspiration it had, weirdly enough, the first movie that came to mind was Home Alone. I wonder if that was the primary inspiration for it.... And regarding the end, I think he was just taking Niles back to the village. He had proved his braveness, and would go home to America stronger. I don't think he was going to kill him.

I loved Starship Troopers, and indeed Michael Ironside is definitely the star of the show. I can watch that movie again and again!

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:58 pm

Watched Transformers again. Still as absolutely amazing as it always has been.

geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:10 pm

Last night I watched new episodes of 24, and then topped it off with Red River (1948). That's two way different kinds of heroes right there...
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:19 am

I'm really digging the new season so far. God I missed this show. One thing of note though, Jack hasn't said "Damn It" even once. Slightly disappointing. Still entirely bad ass.

geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:52 am

Watched F*#K the Documentary. Very good film with lots of funny bits from comedians, rappers, artists, writers, and from the PTC, Morality in Media members, etc. Good for a laugh and info.
3.5/5 Stars

Also watched Gran Torino and will be sending Shryke my review. Great movie.
5/5 Stars
Donte77
Marv
Marv

View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterInformative on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:43 am

geezer9687 wrote:I'm really digging the new season so far. God I missed this show. One thing of note though, Jack hasn't said "Damn It" even once. Slightly disappointing. Still entirely bad ass.
The thing, though, is that if faced with a choice of "don't invade a foreign country" or "lose thousands of lives domestically," nearly all people in the decision making process would probably say "yeah, let's hold off on imperialism for a bit."

But then the season would already be over, and we can't have that. (Of course, there's always the possibility that if the government capitulates, they kill Americans anyway...)
MisterInformative
Alex Murphy
Alex Murphy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:51 am

Yeah I hear ya Mr. I. I've been saying the same thing. If I were president, I'd immediately hold off, and make sure my own citizens were safe first. But its the whole "We do not negotiate with terrorists" thing that is always stressed. That if we start giving in to their demands, then more terrorist groups will hold the country at ransom.

Plus, as you said, the season would be over already if everything went down that way.

geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:21 am

Last night we watched La Vie En Rose. Some amazing acting from Marion Cotillard, especially her older scenes when the pain she must have been putting up with appears unbearable. It's good to see the US (and the rest of the world for that matter) taking notice of Piaf's singing, even if it was more than half a century too late. The film itself is pretty good, but this is definitely one of those occasions when the actor is better than the movie. I'm highly anticipating both of her next movies too - Public Enemies and Nine. Looks like she has a bright future ahead of her.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:22 am

Right now I'm about to watch the first two episodes of The Secret Life of An American Teenager. The first one has been sitting in my DVR all week and the 2nd just came on last night. I don't know I got to watching this show, but I do. It's more of something to do when I have nothing else to do than anything though.

In the last 2 days I've seen Valkyrie (7/10), Milk (8/10), and Doubt (5/10).

And I just rented Man On Wire yesterday but I don't know when I'll get around to that.

And on Saturday, I'll probably be checking out Benjamin Button and/or Slumdog Millionaire.
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:45 am

I watched a few minutes of that show once in a hotel room. What an absolute piece of shit. I can't believe that it even made the air while things like Heat Vision and Jack never get picked up.

My DVD's: http://damntheseloginnames.dvdaf.com/

The film lasts 99 minutes. The terror lasts forever.
Paranormal Activity
Now playing in select cities, coming soon everywhere.

Don't see it alone.
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:46 am

watched the Orphanage.. i think i need to find a place in my top 10 of '08 for that

saw Slumdog....... just wasn't for me
NSpan
Borat
Borat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:30 pm

Why was slumdog not for you, nspan?

Saw How to lose friends and alienate people, was ok 5/10. Not a fan of kirsten dunst, i just find her annoying. Movie as a whole was enjoyable enough.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona. 7/10. My gosh is Penelope Cruz beautiful! Why do we see so her in so few movies? The movie's cinematography was beautiful as well. Great soundtrack too. I thought the story fell a little short, as I didnt really care for the main characters Vicky and Cristina, but over-all a good little film. Would definitely recommend to film lovers.
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top