The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

+11
geezer9687
Donte77
undeadmonkey
transformers2
mfrendo
BanksIsDaFuture
silversurfer19
W
leestu
NSpan
Buscemi
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by NSpan Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:45 pm

there ya go.... the top five king adaptations on film:

Carrie (1976)
The Shining (1980)
Stand by Me (1986)
Misery (1990)
The Mist (2007)

honorable mention to The Dead Zone
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by W Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:57 pm

I would say, in no particular order:

Misery
The Green Mile
Shawshank
The Stand (I'm counting it)

and either

The Mist/1408/The Shining

Heck, he's got some bad ones made, but 80% of the ones I've seen have turned out great.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:00 pm

And he can write non-fiction. Both Danse Macabre and On Writing are great reads. I think everyone who wants to write should read On Writing. It even nearly inspired me to try and I had never had any desire to before. It soon passed of course.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:10 pm

He also wrote a book about the Red Sox if I'm not mistaken.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:36 am

Anyone watching Flash Forward or Bored to Death?
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:50 am

I'm watching flashsforward, i like it so far
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:29 am

Me too. Kumar gets a job with Obama and Harold gets a spot in a film franchise and (probably) one season on a new TV show.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:36 am

I watched the pilot of FlashForward and liked it, but I haven't watched any other episodes. It's piling up on my DVR, maybe I'll get through them one day.

Bored To Death is awesome, I don't like Jason Schartzmann's character at all though. He's a whiny, annoying, presumably spoiled retard, and lets Olivia Thirlby leave him because he won't stop drinking white wine. What kind of homo does that....? But I do love Zach G and Ted Danson, and the guest stars so I continue to watch it.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:38 am

Miracle at St. Anna (59/100): A little long, a little drawn out, a little preachy but all in all decent.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:17 pm

A LITTLE drawn out? I almost shot myself in the face waiting for that damn movie to end...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:27 pm

The Secret Life of Bees 9/10 - was a great movie, really liked it. would definitely recommend
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:04 pm

W wrote:Me too. Kumar gets a job with Obama and Harold gets a spot in a film franchise and (probably) one season on a new TV show.

You forgot that Harold was Sulu in Star Trek.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Pretty sure that's what he meant by "Gets a spot in a film franchise"
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:17 am

Keyser Soze wrote:Pretty sure that's what he meant by "Gets a spot in a film franchise"

yep...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:43 am

I didn't see the film franchise reference.

Meanwhile, I've watched these today.

C.H.U.D.- before John Heard and Daniel Stern appeared in Home Alone and Home Alone 2, they appeared in this cult film where they get caught up in a government cover-up involving nuclear waste that causes the formation of underground beings feasting on New Yorkers. Also appearing (but only in the TV and DVD releases): John Goodman in a bit part as an off-duty cop speaking with a Brooklyn accent.

Pumpkinhead- Lance Henriksen awakens a demon as revenge for the death of his son. Though some of the acting is off and Stan Winston made some mistakes in his directorial debut, it is still a nice little revenge/urban legend-type horror.

And a fun fact about Pumpkinhead: two of the backwoods children were played by actors who later appeared on popular teen shows in the 1990's (Mayim Bailk from Blossom and Devon Odessa from My So-Called Life).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:11 am

Big Fish (91/100): Great film on many different levels. For the fantasy aspects, the father/son relationship, and the many different stories that were told.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:34 am

Drag me to hell 3/10 - it wasnt scary, it wasnt funny, and the acting was horrible.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:16 am

How the eff are you guys getting these big avi's?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:23 am

I think if anyone needs their avatar to be bigger, it's def you Banks.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:44 am

My avatar was huge and I cropped it to semi-huge. Every once in a while I'll figure out how to move stuff around or enlarge/shrink something, but I soon forget how...

Anyways, I watched Knocked Up (no rating) for the first time. I can't rate it right now because I'm not sure what grade I'd give it. Part of it was drawn out and boring, some of it was decent, and some of it was as spot on as a comedy could have been. For an hour or so, I'd been through half to most of the stuff that Rogen and Rudd's characters had been through with both the pregnancy and the relationship plots. It's very weird.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:53 am

I liked Knocked Up quite a bit. I actually like all of Apatow's films a whole lot. Pretty much any comedy with his name attached I'll watch, and usually enjoy.

Year One was a huge pile of shit though.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:10 pm

W wrote:
Anyways, I watched Knocked Up (no rating) for the first time....Part of it was drawn out and boring, some of it was decent, and some of it was as spot on as a comedy could have been. For an hour or so, I'd been through half to most of the stuff that Rogen and Rudd's characters had been through with both the pregnancy and the relationship plots. It's very weird.

That's why I rate Knocked Up quite highly. Not that I've experienced the scenario but plenty of people have. It's easily relatable and has heart. To me the comedy is an added bonus, not the main point of the film as it is in Superbad. It's my favourite Apatow movie that I've seen.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:50 pm

Watched two movies yesterday

Rocket Science: Tough to really grade it. Weird movie but in a good way. Pretty depressing. I watched it because I remembered having it on my first ever slate at FM. I guess I'd give it an 8

Get Smart: Wasn't a fan. Too stupid for me. Anne Hathaway is so mesmerisingly gorgeous though. 5.5/10
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:02 am

W wrote:My avatar was huge and I cropped it to semi-huge. Every once in a while I'll figure out how to move stuff around or enlarge/shrink something, but I soon forget how...

Sooooooo, how'd you get past the 200x150 limit?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:29 am

There is no limit actually. Someone never removed that rule.

I watched this last night:

Innocent Blood- fun companion film to An American Werewolf In London (and later on, Deer Woman) but with vampires and the Mafia. Whatever happened to Anne Parillaud?

By the way, I wonder what Keyzer's opinion was on this movie (since it was shot in Pittsburgh and all).

Last edited by Buscemi on Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next