The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!! (Yes, you too!!!)

+16
Swedgin!
silversurfer19
donnie
geezer9687
Donte77
undeadmonkey
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
BarcaRulz
johnErle
W
leestu
MrHam
englishozzy
Buscemi
Shrykespeare
20 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Final Vote

PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 8 I_vote_lcap16%PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 8 I_vote_lcap58%PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 58% 
[ 11 ]
PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 8 I_vote_lcap26%PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 8 I_vote_rcap 26% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 19

PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 8 Empty Re: PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!! (Yes, you too!!!)

Post by NSpan Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:52 am

i think the wordplay in "The Film Projector" actually works better with "the" at the beginning
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!!  (Yes, you too!!!) - Page 8 Empty Re: PICK THE NAME OF THE NEW SITE - Everybody weigh in!!! (Yes, you too!!!)

Post by A_Roode Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:19 pm

So was there any point in having this last vote? The community voted but we're going to just pick something different now?
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:26 pm

LOL I was thinking the same thing

www.filmloadsonmyface.com is also available...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHam Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:19 pm

I wanted to wait and see if we could think of anything better in the last minute but if we can't we will purchase filmonthebrain.

MrHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:23 am

yeah, i don't mean to undermine the vote.. but if someone DID come up with a clearly superior name at the last second, i don't think we should discount it
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHam Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:51 am

Since it's the last minute I decided to spend some time searching others. These are also available....let me know if you like any.

ReelSociety
FilmPopulation, CinemaPopulation
MotionPicturePublic
FilmFollowers
NationOfCinema
MoviePopulace

Of these I like ReelSociety and MotionPicturePublic myself.....and I think both are superior to filmonthebrain......

MrHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:09 am

i dig reelsociety
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:25 am

I love reelsociety. Filmfollowers would be #2.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:32 am

I don't really know what I think anymore...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:35 am

I think I still like thefilmprojector...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHam Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:54 am

What does thefilmprojector indicate though?

MrHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:03 am

A site about movies. What does facebook, rotten tomatoes, or digg indicate?
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:55 am

"ReelSociety." Ooooh. [In tremblingy Butters voice]

I do believe I'm in love.
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

http://www.deadwood.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:03 am

ReelSociety for the win!
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:44 am

i'd vote for reelsociety too. someone put it up to vote along with filmonthebrain, which by the way, is still really boring, but it did beat cinemaroundtable, although i wonder who is doing all the voting
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:37 am

Yeah... Do we have 23 members that are on once a month?

I like reelsociety, but I also like filmonthebrain. I liked roundtable as well. TheFilmProjector, not so much so... I mean, we are trying to project what films are going to do, so it takes on a double meaning.... But I just don't like it.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:32 pm

i'll need someone to second my proposal, but i move that we take at least ONE last poll with a few of the Johnny-Come-Lately suggestions.. it should be between FilmOnTheBrain, ReelSociety, and TheFilmProjector... (i'd include CinemaRoundTable, but i guess that one is dead'n'buried after this record-breaking turnout)..

to be clear, i don't wanna mitigate the opinion of the MAJORITY who voted for "filmonthebrain"--but, as i said, this isn't anything we need to rush into... if we really have a clear winner, a little tiny bit o' extra scrutiny shouldn't bring it down
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:57 pm

Yeah I'll second that- it looks like we won't be coming to a unanimous decision so soon, so let's explore all options, including recent ones, until it feels that something really fits. I voted for Filmonthebrain, but only because I liked it more than Cinema Round Table. Reel Society (although my only criticism is that it won't be long before reels become a term of the past) and The Film Projector are much better, for example.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHam Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:39 pm

Alright who has been setting up the polls?

Let's do one more between filmonthebrain, reelsociety and thefilmprojector.

Whatever wins will be the name of our site.

MrHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHam Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:44 pm

Alright guys I set up the new poll. This is it.

MrHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:56 pm

I really like The Film Projector because of the double meaning that W pointed out. I think that is pretty cool. It has my vote.

reelsociety is pretty good though. I wouldn't hate it if that won.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:16 am

11 votes so far, and none for FilmOnTheBrain..

so, in the event that the poll results continue in this way:

i was thinking... we should probably give our movie game a proper name, too.. what if the overall site becomes ReelSociety while we title the game itself Film Projector.. (or even Fantasy Film Projector)
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:37 am

I favor reelsociety for two reasons... first of all, though I see both both sides of the argument for thefilmprojector that W and geez have brought up, I'm leaning just to the "con" side of the road on that subject, and second, "reelsociety" works because i can't think of any other website whose name is even close, nor one that is a better all-encompassing description of the Fantaverse (that we can choose from, anyway). Plus, simply for aesthetic reasons, "reelsociety" is better because it doesn't include the "the" in the name.

Whichever one ends up winning, however, I'll be satisfied. A lot more than I would have been if "filmonthebrain" had ended up being our new name, I can tell you that....
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by MrHam Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:44 am

Yes I am also happy it wont be filmonthebrain.

Also if it becomes reelsociety we could definitely name the box office game "the film projector" if people want.

MrHam
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:45 am

Capital idea!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum