The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official NFL Season Thread

+7
BanksIsDaFuture
geezer9687
transformers2
A_Roode
Shrykespeare
Buscemi
W
11 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The Official NFL Season Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official NFL Season Thread

Post by W Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:53 am

Practically anyone can buy an NFL or NBA team. If Limbaugh and the guy work a deal with the family of the lady that owned the majority, they'll get it. And I don't see politics playing any deal in whether he gets it or not. It's not as if anything he says is going to be attributed to the team, it'll just be another stupid (or smart, depending on your views) thing that Limbaugh said.

The owner of the Steelers is such a big supporter of the Democratic Party that Obama gave him the job as the ambassador to Ireland.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

The Official NFL Season Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official NFL Season Thread

Post by transformers2 Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:29 am

Good Slate Of Games this weekend. The one that sticks out to me are Patriots Vs Broncos that should a be a great game.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:34 am

Yup, we will finally get to find out if the Broncos are for real.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:52 am

A few new very informative and in depth posts over at my blog, just giving it a plug. Link is down there in the signature, as always.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:24 pm

Today's Giants game is just making me hate Giants fans even more than I already do...Because tomorrow they're all gonna talk about how they murdered the raiders. The Raiders..Congratu-fucking-lations. I just don't understand why they don't see they haven't played any really good teams. Yeah, they're playing decently, but against average to shitty teams at best. I can't wait for the postseason to shut these motherfuckers up.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:27 am

I think they're a pretty good team myself. Very balanced offensive/defensively and a pretty good balanced pass/run. The next few games will test them, so you won't have to wait until the playoffs.

Next six weeks:
@ NO
vs. ARI
@ PHI
vs. SD
bye
vs. ATL

then they have divisional opponents PHI, DAL, WAS again.
one cake game against CAR
and two unbeaten teams (as of now, I'm writing before the beginning of DEN @ NE) DEN and MIN.

So, pretty tough from next week on. You should be happy (or very, very sad) in the next few weeks.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:22 am

Denver is for real, its official after beating the Pats. With that schedule the rest of the way, I see the Giants beating only Dallas, Washington, Carolina and maybe Arizona. That would give them a 5-0 start and a 9-7 finish. I can't wait for the game with the Saints, who I think are the best in football right now.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:23 pm

IPKI$$ wrote:Today's Giants game is just making me hate Giants fans even more than I already do...Because tomorrow they're all gonna talk about how they murdered the raiders. The Raiders..Congratu-fucking-lations. I just don't understand why they don't see they haven't played any really good teams. Yeah, they're playing decently, but against average to shitty teams at best. I can't wait for the postseason to shut these motherfuckers up.

Nah, everyone's saying that the Giants had a bye week...
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:09 pm

I still think the Giants will win the NFC East. They are a good team with a solid running game and great defense. Clearly they will drop a couple games down this very rough patch of the schedule coming up but i believe the Giants will be sucessful.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:27 am

Here is one next week's non-event games:

the Los Angeles Rams vs. the Los Angeles Jaguars.

He, he.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:54 pm

The Giants aren't as soft as everyone thinks, they've got a Top 10 RB AND QB, plus a damn good defense.

This game against the Saints might be the biggest test of the season for them.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:35 am

The Giants get exposed as the frauds they are! Happiest day of the season so far for me!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:53 am

Said defense decided to take the week off, smh @ how the Giants got pushed around.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:25 am

Geezer's hometown team defeats Geezer's favorite team 59-0. I wonder how that feels? Twisted Evil
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:48 am

Hmm... Decent day for one of my fantasy teams. I've got Brady, Moss, and MJD which all scored in the thirties. Also the Pack's D got 21 and Heath Miller got 14. That makes up for CAR Steve Smith's zero.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:55 am

i had an awesome day on my fantasy team too. 220 points with two players to go. but get this, i have the highest points in the league except for the guy im playing this week.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:44 am

Buscemi wrote:Geezer's hometown team defeats Geezer's favorite team 59-0. I wonder how that feels? Twisted Evil

Dichotometric? (Is that a word?)

What a washout.

I'm just happy my Cardinals were able to beat up on a terribly out-of-synch, banged-up Seahawks team. They played terrific defense from start to finish, something they haven't done all year. They got five sacks (five more than they've had in their last two games combined), and Fitzgerald had several of his patented circus catches. And they needed this win in the worst way, given that next week they travel to New York for a date with the now extreeeeeeeeeemely-pissed-off Giants. I mean, wow. Their vaunted defense got SHREDDED by Brees and the Saints. This ain't gonna be pretty.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:23 am

Yeah, the Giants-Cardinals game is one to be nervous about. Coughlin is going to be tearing anyone around him a new one. Not a week to be on their practice squad I think. The Cards played well. They will surely be the division champs this year.

The Patriots were terrifying. Should be a hell of a monday night game when they meet up with my Saints!
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:57 pm

But how about them fucking Bills?
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:00 am

Buscemi wrote:Geezer's hometown team defeats Geezer's favorite team 59-0. I wonder how that feels? Twisted Evil

I'll tell you exactly how it feels: Predictable. I know the Titans suck and they are so banged up in the secondary that they are basically playing the JV's at corner when the first stringers weren't even all that good to begin with against the freaking Patriots. I knew they were going to get killed and what do you know, they did. The season is a wash, its time to see what Vince can do. I'm rooting for a high draft pick to get that defense back to something somewhat respectable.

It also felt great, because I needed just about every one of Brady's fantasy points to win one of my match ups this week, so that was great. Plus it made my girlfriend happy, and that is always a good thing.

And the Giants getting whooped made everything great. That was really the only game I cared about. I think the Cardinals could do the same thing to the Giants actually. That defense is not as good as everyone thinks it is.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5