The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September - November Draft League Slate/Standings

+5
Buscemi
leestu
BarcaRulz
W
BanksIsDaFuture
9 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

September - November Draft League Slate/Standings - Page 4 Empty Re: September - November Draft League Slate/Standings

Post by Buscemi Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:04 am

silversurfer19 wrote:Even Invention Of Lying has brought in 3 top 5s too!!

But only due to sheer luck.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

September - November Draft League Slate/Standings - Page 4 Empty Re: September - November Draft League Slate/Standings

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:43 am

I take them how I get them! Well I need to in this game. Still only one league win in over two years and never in ultimate...

Oh, and does anybody have any idea what I can do now that Brooklyn's Finest has had it's date moved and there are no more movies available? Would I be able to pick up another movie not currently available because I feel hard done by considering I won't have a choice but to continue with 7 films otherwise. Any ideas would be appreciated. Even if collectively we all agree on a movie for me.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:00 am

done

If I'm not in first place now, I don't know what else I could have done...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:08 am

I am only $5m and 2.5 IMDB points behind with more top 5 and more PTA. Plus you have had one more movie open than me.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:53 am

Actuals for Oct. 9th are up...

I know I didn't do the standings for Oct. 2nd but I'm going to do them after everyone's updated.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:01 am

Updated. Although for the 2nd week in a row I have no top 5 or PTA points to update so I just changed the total dollars; therefore my IMDB scores might be out by a decimal point or two. I'll make sure they are correct next week.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:04 am

silversurfer19 wrote:I take them how I get them! Well I need to in this game. Still only one league win in over two years and never in ultimate...

Oh, and does anybody have any idea what I can do now that Brooklyn's Finest has had it's date moved and there are no more movies available? Would I be able to pick up another movie not currently available because I feel hard done by considering I won't have a choice but to continue with 7 films otherwise. Any ideas would be appreciated. Even if collectively we all agree on a movie for me.

I'm fine with that. Are there any movies now on the release schedule that weren't available at the strat of the league (not including This Is It obviously)?

Oh, and we all only have 7 movies Very Happy
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:13 am

Obviously I wouldn't be expecting This Is It, but if we could collectively decide on an alternative I would be very happy. And yes, I'm down to six movies right now, thank you for correcting me you Aussie bastard [wink].
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:19 am

What about The Janky Promoters?
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:24 am

That movie has jumped around more often than Elizabeth Taylor has had husbands. I'd probably want to give that one a miss...
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by W Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:26 am

A little too Janky then?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:28 am

Well of course you would want to give it a miss, but if you don't have another choice, I'm sure you'd take the points, if only for an IMDB boost.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:04 am

Well, naturally, but......

Can someone come up with a list of movies which we all feel should be eligible and then whenever a movie is moved (as has happened with me this week and Geez [Nine] last week) we can pick from that list? I don't have time to do it myself right now.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:33 am

Okay, the only movies I don't think have currently been taken but are available between now and the end of November are (not including This Is It, obviously):

Boondock Saints II
The House of the Devil
That Evening Sun
Women In Trouble
Red Cliff
Me And Orson Welles
Bad Lieutenant
The Private Lives of Pippa Lee

So can we come to a joint decision of what movies should be made available for picking if any of our movies get moved again? And for the likes of Geez who has had no option in picking Endgame, can he drop that if he pleases and replace it with one of the above?

Last edited by silversurfer19 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:07 am

I already have Gentlemen Broncos.

Meanwhile, I've updated my lineup.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:24 am

Okay, I've omitted Gentlemen Bronos. Any more, or is that line up reasonable to pick from?
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:31 am

Dibbs on the Saints
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:04 am

If this is to go ahead I am fine with you taking first pick and taking Saints, it's only fair. I will then have next pick, and then any time a movie is moved that person in turn gets next pick. Does this sound reasonable?
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:14 am

Sounds good to me.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:04 am

No problemo.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:46 pm

don't care...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:43 am

Updated.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:24 am

Okay, I've added the available movies to the front page of this thread, while I have replaced the moved Brooklyn's Finest with Bad Lieutenant. I notice Geez has already replaced Nine with Boondock Saints II.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:38 pm

Ok, i've updated. Sorry it took so long, but I haven't been on much this week.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:38 pm

Standings updated for last weekend....

Not surprisingly, SS has grabbed the lead and forced it to the ground, making it his bitch. And this assault is all made possible by Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, yet another 3D animated comedy that has breezed past $100M. PTA picks More Than A Game and sure to be eventual Oscar-winner A Serious Man has also chipped in, although SS's November picks might let him down a bit.

Pulling a very close 2nd place, W. has taken on all comers from every angles. Big hits Couples Retreat and Zombieland pull their weight on the BO and IMDb front, while An Education and Coco Before Chanel are dragging some PTA points in a body bag behind them. But, sadly for W., it looks like he's shot his load prematurely, unless Precious really breaks out before the start of December.

Mr. Geez has sadled up to 3rd place, hoping to plow it into submission. Ms. Third Place may be satisfied with his sorta middling picks with Surrogates and I Can Do Bad All By Myself, but she probably won't be happy to see that Geez has little left to give. New York, I Love You might be worthy of something, but BDS2 will more than likely be a non-starter.

Me, Myself has taken 4th place and kicked its fucking teeth in. All my picks have done something to help me, except Fame (I hate you), and I hope to catapult to beating the shit out of 1st or 2nd place next week when I bring the big guns out in Where The Wild Things Are. 1st place, sleep with one eye open, you skinny bastard.

leestu is inside of 5th place right now, with the Jennifer Aniston downer Love Happens helping the most. Michael Moore has pitched in, but he's got Law Abiding Citizen and The Stepfather ready and willing to blow some shit up and move up in the standings. The Rock might try too, since Planet 51 is the only kid-friendly movie this Thanksgiving.

Mostly thanks to the rest of you guys' anemic slates so far, UDM has snatched up the 6th place spot. Carriers and The Burning Plain are plain dead weight, Pandorum is a lazy bitch who's done little, while the burlap sacks of 9 have done all they can to drag UDM up. A couple of Thanksgiving movies, Old Dogs and Ninja Assassin, will help - not to mention the legions of devoted Saw fans that will inevitably check out the 6th installment of that shit franchise.

Tranny's luck hasn't changed much since the last draft league, but at least he's used to being in the bottom of the standings (I keed). Then again, he knew this would happen, using the 1st overall pick on a film that's only available for 2 weekends. But New Moon might leap-frog his transgender ass all the way to Number 1, depending on if Amelia gets off the ground (HA!).

Barca probably shouldn't be too worried that he's currently second to last, since he only has The Boys Are Back out in the fields currently. He'll probably only need the brainless, blow-shit-up-a-thon 2012 and Disney's latest hand drawn cartoon The Princess & The Frog to secure a nice finish. PTA pick Motherhood will probably only help, but Vampire's Assistant may try to drown Barca. Cause it'll most likely suck ass.

Buscemi is taking up that last place spot, mad as hell. He probably wants to assassinate the hot, but useless, whores of Sorority Row, seeing as how they do nothing but take up valuable roster space. He's backload all to hell, waiting for the right moments to deploy surefire hits A Christmas Carol and The Blind Side. Astro Boy might try to use his ass-rockets to help, but who knows about that one?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next