The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guest Columnist Schedule/Sign-Up/Information/General Thread

+6
BarcaRulz
geezer9687
Shrykespeare
BanksIsDaFuture
Buscemi
W
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guest Columnist Schedule/Sign-Up/Information/General Thread Empty Guest Columnist Schedule/Sign-Up/Information/General Thread

Post by W Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:23 pm

I had an idea for the third columnist since its been a while since we've had anyone but just Shryke, then I was asked to do one. Now its everyone else's turn (if they want) to write a column. I have a feeling that a few people would like to/wouldn't mind writing a column here. I've came up with a way that you can come and go as you please with no strings attached. You can go week to week, write a column over the course of months if you'd like, and write about anything you'd like including--but not limited to--the week's releases, overall strategy, preview of a month/season/pricing list, or a postview (is that a word) grading what came out before.

So, if you'd like, choose a weekend from now to the end of the year, post in this thread that you'd like that week, and its yours. Just a few guidelines.

-First, don't start off taking 10 weekends i.e. let others have a choice too.
-Secondly, please don't take a weekend that has a huge film coming out and write about strategy or whatnot. For example, don't take Dec 25 and preview January instead of talking about Sherlock and whatnot. That could probably wait until the next week when nothing big is coming out.
-Third, every time a month is over, I'll open up the next month, so when September is up, I'll open up January, etc.
-Fourth, take as long as you want after you secure your date, but please try to post your column on Sunday-Tuesday before the date you sign up for. Other than that, have fun and do whatever you want.

(Everything it says Geezer on is still open for previews of that week only if you'd like to take it

September
9/4 Buscemi, Not Steve
9/11 Geezer's Hindsight is 20/20
9/18 BanksIsDaFuture
9/25 Surfer's Limited Release

October
10/2 Buscemi 2: Electric Boogaloo
10/9
10/16 Geezer's Hindsight is 20/20
10/23 Spectre's Spectral Prospecting
10/30 UDM's Pirate Monkey Holiday Spectacular

November
11/6 Buscemi: To Infinity and Even Further
11/13
11/20 Geezer's Hindsight is 20/20
11/27 Transformers2

December
12/4 Buscemi Indahouse
12/11
12/18 Geezer's Hindsight is 20/20
12/25

Last edited by W on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:31 am; edited 6 times in total
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Guest Columnist Schedule/Sign-Up/Information/General Thread Empty Re: Guest Columnist Schedule/Sign-Up/Information/General Thread

Post by Buscemi Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:57 am

I'm up for it. Maybe once a month.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Guest Columnist Schedule/Sign-Up/Information/General Thread Empty Re: Guest Columnist Schedule/Sign-Up/Information/General Thread

Post by W Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:58 am

Buscemi wrote:I'm up for it. Maybe once a month.

Pick a couple of dates then... They're filling up quickly. :)
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:01 am

September 4th, October 2nd, November 6th and December 4th. If needed, I can do more.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:15 am

I'll try my hand at this. You can put me down for the weekend of Sept 18th.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:34 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:I'll try my hand at this. You can put me down for the weekend of Sept 18th.

Mamma Mia! That's a spicy meat-sa-ball!

(That means I got you...)
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:37 am

This is a great idea. If someone wants to take up the job of doing my "postgame analysis" thing that I called "Was It Worth It?", be my guest. Feel free to change the name if you want, I just am finding it hard to find the time.

Can't wait to sample everyone's columnistic talent!

(And please keep sending in movie reviews!)
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:35 pm

Shryke, I can take over for that. I always loved that column, probably the most. I'll try my hand at living up to you. I'll try and have an August recap up in the next couple of days.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:52 pm

geezer9687 wrote:Shryke, I can take over for that. I always loved that column, probably the most. I'll try my hand at living up to you. I'll try and have an August recap up in the next couple of days.

Post it in here when you do it then. Just get W to sign you up for the weekends after a league time-frame has finished and you can do them if you have the time.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:07 pm

geezer9687 wrote:Shryke, I can take over for that. I always loved that column, probably the most. I'll try my hand at living up to you. I'll try and have an August recap up in the next couple of days.

Sign up for whatever weekends you'd like... Say, if you sign up for the 9/11, you can post your column on Sunday-Tuesday. If you do it in the middle of the month, you at least have 2-3 weekend performances to base your stuff on. For example, if FD goes crazy and wins this weekend, I assume it'd get a higher grade than if it fell out of the top 5 completely. Sound ok?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:01 pm

That's true, it would be better to do it after a couple of weeks, maybe even a month after, to get the first four weeks. I'll start out doing it the third week of every month and see how it goes, second in september though since Banks has the third locked down.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:12 pm

geezer9687 wrote:That's true, it would be better to do it after a couple of weeks, maybe even a month after, to get the first four weeks. I'll start out doing it the third week of every month and see how it goes, second in september though since Banks has the third locked down.

And since it's a look back and not a look ahead, if someone else wanted to do the weekend, it wouldn't be a big deal (considering Avatar, New Moon, and Wild Things come out those weeks). So if you wanted to do this on the same week as Banks, it would be a big deal, but I'll put you down for next week as of now. It could be called "The Geezernator Looks Back".

You do want to do it every month, right? I put it up there, but it can be taken down if you'd like.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:12 pm

Oh, you already put it there and named it. Ok.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:28 pm

The first column is now up.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:36 pm

I'll read it as soon as I'm done transferring slates. I move them to archived, place new slates up, and etc at the beginning of the month or I don't know what the Hell I've got.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:23 am

Yeah if someone also wanted to do a look ahead in those weeks that is fine. By no means am I claiming stake in any particular week. And yes, I will do it every month.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:05 am

I'll try my hand at this for a week where my schedule isn't as insane. Give me the weekend of October 23rd to preview and I promise I'll do the spot justice. Wink
Spectre
Spectre
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:25 am

Accidentally hit quote instead of edit...

Anyways, I put you on the schedule as Spectre's Spectral Prospecting for now.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:00 am

If everyone is ok with this, I'm gonna try my hand at somehow taking on Chien's now defunct PTA movies. I'll start with a column once a fortnight, but I'll see how I go and if I can manage one a week I'll carry on. I feel the PTA movies are what I know best, considering they are what I see most of, and quite often the foreign ones are released prior to their US release.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:02 am

silversurfer19 wrote:If everyone is ok with this, I'm gonna try my hand at somehow taking on Chien's now defunct PTA movies. I'll start with a column once a fortnight, but I'll see how I go and if I can manage one a week I'll carry on. I feel the PTA movies are what I know best, considering they are what I see most of, and quite often the foreign ones are released prior to their US release.

Excellent. W and I were wondering who could take over that. First thought was JackO but he hasn't been here in a long time.

Anyway, try your hand, put yourself down on Ws list, and if you want to move up to full time we'll just re-name the Steve Mason sub-forum to a title of your choice.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:53 pm

I will do the November 27th preview.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Got it Tranny
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:25 am

What happened to Banks' thing he was doing?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:45 am

I would like to do one, maybe like a holiday preview or something at the beginning of November. OR is that what you are doing spectre?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:06 am

November 13th is open, Monkey.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next