The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPEARE'S TIPS: THE FILMS OF 8/14 - District 9, The Time Traveler's Wife, Bandslam, The Goods, et al.

+7
leestu
undeadmonkey
brockman81
W
Buscemi
BanksIsDaFuture
Shrykespeare
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SPEARE'S TIPS: THE FILMS OF 8/14 - District 9, The Time Traveler's Wife, Bandslam, The Goods, et al. - Page 2 Empty Re: SPEARE'S TIPS: THE FILMS OF 8/14 - District 9, The Time Traveler's Wife, Bandslam, The Goods, et al.

Post by W Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:32 am

Just some numbers from before noon on Friday... In the tracking thread, but something tomorrow will obviously be more accurate.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

SPEARE'S TIPS: THE FILMS OF 8/14 - District 9, The Time Traveler's Wife, Bandslam, The Goods, et al. - Page 2 Empty Re: SPEARE'S TIPS: THE FILMS OF 8/14 - District 9, The Time Traveler's Wife, Bandslam, The Goods, et al.

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:14 pm

Thanks. It looks like it might be a tight race between G.I. Joe and District 9.

Speaking of which, can anyone (particularly those who've already seen it) PLEASE send me a review?! The last eight reviews I've put up on my website have been my own!

I still want TLMR to be a collaborative effort. You've seen how many films this year in the alphabetical list have a zero (0) by them. I can't possibly see all these movies myself. All I need is 300-500 words. It would mean a lot.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:25 pm

The only one I have seen with a zero next to it is The House Bunny Sad
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:22 pm

I will write one up for Funny People and District 9 later today Shryke. Sorry, I've been slacking. Too much Fantasy Football preparation.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:15 pm

Great! Now, who wants to review Bandslam for me?

(crickets chirping)

Sad
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:10 am

Check your email Razz
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:25 am

Hey Banks, I didn't know you were a voyeur.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:28 am

Well, everyone has their secrets...

But really she leaks them "accidentally" - it's the least I can do to spread the wealth.

Plus, that's the PG-13 one. I didn't think it'd be appropriate to post the good ones. Very Happy
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:30 am

I didn't realize that Vanessa Hudgens that sexy. But then again, I haven't watched anything with her in it since Thunderbirds (a good five years ago).

Vanessa Hudgens was also in Thirteen.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:45 am

I need to watch Thirteen again...
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:15 am

Thanks for the review, Banks. And to numbersix and geezer for their timely reviews. You guys rock!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:29 pm

I really want to see District 9 but oh man am I excited for "It Might Get Loud." I only picked it on 1 slate since I wasn't sure how it would fare but it looks epic.

And looks like the low key adverts worked for D9 with 37Mil this weekend.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:32 pm

And I would send you a review except that I haven't seen anything. I watched the Hangover which I know you had reviews for. I didn't even see Transformers 2.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:24 pm

Did more than say 5% of people not pick District 9 in every league?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2