what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by JackO on Tue May 12, 2009 10:19 am

Buscemi wrote:
JackO wrote:I did see a film sometime earlier this week. But it was so bad I already forgot what it was.

Southland Tales?

No. Actually when I picked that up Blockbuster I saw it 3 times trying ever so hard to find the point of it. I failed.
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by geezer9687 on Tue May 12, 2009 10:22 am

Family Plot: 7.5/10

Not one of the best Hitchcock films, but enjoyable enough. It was his last effort and he was very old and sick. Some scenes dragged on too long and others were just annoying. It was a good story, but it wasn't pulled off terribly well. Not bad by any means though.

Check out my blog! http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

View user profile http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by W on Tue May 12, 2009 10:27 am

Though about renting that one for free at Family Video (I have rent one, get $1 card) but I chose Harvey instead... I'll watch it in the next few days...

... W ... is fascinating. No other word for it. - Roger Ebert

W can i state that you are a genius. I dont know how you do it dude. They should have doing the tracking instead of those other idiots. - transformers2
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 on Tue May 12, 2009 10:33 am

Final Hitchcock list:

Blackmail- 7/10
Sabotage- 7.5/10
The 39 Steps- 9/10
Young and Innocent- 6/10
Shadow of a Doubt- 9.5/10
Spellbound- 7/10
Notorious- 7.5/10
Strangers on a Train- 8/10
Rope - 9/10
Rear Window- 10/10
Vertigo- 7/10
North by Northwest- 9.5/10
Psycho- 10/10
The Birds 8/10
Frenzy 9/10 (upgraded from an 8.5 upon further consideration)
Family Plot- 7.5/10

And in order:
1. Rear Window
2. Psycho
3. North By Northwest
4. Shadow of a Doubt
5. Frenzy
6. Rope
7. The 39 Steps
8. The Birds
9. Strangers on a Train
10. Notorious
11. Family Plot
12. Sabotage
13. Vertigo
14. Spellbound
15. Blackmail
16. Young and Innocent

geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey on Tue May 12, 2009 11:15 am

JackO wrote:I did see a film sometime earlier this week. But it was so bad I already forgot what it was.

haha, its monday how bad was that movie
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by becs on Tue May 12, 2009 5:16 pm

Donte77 wrote:
Hahahahhaha Oh man some of those are hilarious. My favorites are the bible games reviews. So funny. Best when drunk and in the company of 2 or 3 geek friends who are also drunk.
As a kid I had most of those.. the one Noah's ark where you have to carry around the animals in stacks was crazy.
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 on Tue May 12, 2009 9:33 pm

becs wrote:
Donte77 wrote:
Hahahahhaha Oh man some of those are hilarious. My favorites are the bible games reviews. So funny. Best when drunk and in the company of 2 or 3 geek friends who are also drunk.
As a kid I had most of those.. the one Noah's ark where you have to carry around the animals in stacks was crazy.

I would have sacrificed my parents to the dark gods if they had bought me bible games. LOL Although bible games would have melted in my nintendo and been puked out in a shower of green goo.

Watched 400 Blows last night. Very good movie and it felt very different from modern films. I liked it quite a bit. 8/10

Also rewatched High Fidelity. Love that movie.
Donte77
Marv
Marv

View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi on Wed May 13, 2009 1:38 am

My favorite reviews so far are the Bible Games episodes and the Bugs Bunny episode.

My DVD's: http://damntheseloginnames.dvdaf.com/

The film lasts 99 minutes. The terror lasts forever.
Paranormal Activity
Now playing in select cities, coming soon everywhere.

Don't see it alone.
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs on Wed May 13, 2009 9:14 am

On Surf's recommendation I just watched Cinema Pardiso, I did like it and I'm glad I saw it but I still would put Pretty Woman over it. Although I watched the Directors Cut which is about 45 minutes longer than the original so not sure if Surf if that would have made a difference. It is a good movie though and I would say anyone who hasn't seen it, should. 7/10, Great Music!
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 on Wed May 13, 2009 11:11 pm

Watched Thirteen last night. It was okay and would have been better if I didn't spend 48% of the movie thinking about how often I would beat my kids if they acted that way. The last 30 minutes of the movie were pretty good with Hunter's performance but all in all just a bunch of annoying teenagers who needed tied in the cellar and beaten with a knotted rope.

3/5 Stars
Donte77
Marv
Marv

View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan on Thu May 14, 2009 12:37 am

saw Star Trek... and meh.. it was pretty good, but you guys are REALLY over-selling it.. the whole thing had a teeny-bopper feel to it, and half of the movie was spent justifying itself to the audience (were they really that afraid of Trekkies that they couldn't just go through with an actual reboot??).. it was fun--but i just kept thinking it was a mix between every Michael Bay movie and every Roland Emmerich movie, oh and an outright Star Wars homage.. some of the tongue-in-cheek humor worked but, otherwise, plenty of the comedy fell flat on its face.. did we really need Scotty's ewok friend? and you KNOW Eric Bana can't be proud of his performance as the main villain when he was upstaged by friggin TACK in all of their scenes.. overall the action was good.. but the story and some of the dialogue really could've been tweaked..

i'm definitely not saying the movie was crap.. it's just that it's not even close to how people are describing it.. if i compare it directly to Transformers, maybe some of you will even view that as a compliment.. (though, personally, i thought Transformers was dreck).. let's not forget that JJ Abrams only has one other movie under his belt, Mission Impossible III.. i never saw it, but i can only imagine it was terrible..

overall, 6.5/10... Wrath of Khan on bluray tomorrow

NSpan
Borat
Borat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture on Thu May 14, 2009 12:46 am

I actually thought M:I3 was the best one out of the series.

Recently watched The Caveman's Valentine with Samuel L Jackson, probably the most unintentionally funny movie I've seen in a long time. It was absolutely terrible other than laughing at the horrible acting and random scenes that made no sense.
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs on Thu May 14, 2009 12:47 am

Didn't J.J. do Cloverfield?

MI: 3 was my favorite also.
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 on Thu May 14, 2009 12:49 am

He produced Cloverfield, didn't direct it.

geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan on Thu May 14, 2009 1:08 am

BanksIsDaFuture wrote:I actually thought M:I3 was the best one out of the series.
i stand somewhat corrected.. i only saw the first (and some of the second).. thought both were horrible... but part 3 has a 20% lead on either over at RT--so, evidently, JJ Abams did something right with it

NSpan
Borat
Borat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 on Thu May 14, 2009 2:50 am

Yes Man 8/10

Surprisingly very funny. The only reason i watched it because of Jim Carrey i didnt think the trailers where funny. But it was a pleasant surprise. Very funny and sweet film.
transformers2
Borat
Borat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs on Thu May 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Last Night:

Up the Yangtze: Documentary, very good. Explores China and follows two young people have go to work for a cruise ship. Very interesting.

8/10

I forgot about this great quote at the beginning:
Confucius: By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third, by experience, which is the bitterest.

I could live life on that.
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO on Thu May 14, 2009 9:59 pm

Saw Short Cuts again from my collection.

Well worth the investment both in money and time.
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO on Thu May 14, 2009 10:04 pm

NSpan wrote:saw Star Trek... and meh.. it was pretty good, but you guys are REALLY over-selling it.. the whole thing had a teeny-bopper feel to it, and half of the movie was spent justifying itself to the audience (were they really that afraid of Trekkies that they couldn't just go through with an actual reboot??).. it was fun--but i just kept thinking it was a mix between every Michael Bay movie and every Roland Emmerich movie, oh and an outright Star Wars homage.. some of the tongue-in-cheek humor worked but, otherwise, plenty of the comedy fell flat on its face.. did we really need Scotty's ewok friend? and you KNOW Eric Bana can't be proud of his performance as the main villain when he was upstaged by friggin TACK in all of their scenes.. overall the action was good.. but the story and some of the dialogue really could've been tweaked..

i'm definitely not saying the movie was crap.. it's just that it's not even close to how people are describing it.. if i compare it directly to Transformers, maybe some of you will even view that as a compliment.. (though, personally, i thought Transformers was dreck).. let's not forget that JJ Abrams only has one other movie under his belt, Mission Impossible III.. i never saw it, but i can only imagine it was terrible..

overall, 6.5/10... Wrath of Khan on bluray tomorrow

You pretty much summed up my feelings. The Transformers comparison is apt (they are the same writers after all) however, the general feel of Star Trek was that it wanted to be taken seriously, unlike Transformers. And after watching the last two episodes of Fringe, I don't think I could ever watch another film or tv show by Orci and Kurtman. They are hacks to the extreme.
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo on Thu May 14, 2009 11:21 pm

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from with Star Trek. I liked it, and thought it was much better than Wolverine, but not the best thing ever like everyone's saying. I'm not all that familiar with Star Trek before this (having only seen a few of the older films...) so I don't know how it compares really, adn cant comment on that. It was a fun film, but not much more to it (which is fine, except the hype makes it seem like it will cure world hunger).
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey on Fri May 15, 2009 12:25 am

I haven't read any hype that says that it'll cure world hunger, so far all i've read is that everyone has really enjoyed it. Which seems like you all did too. No one is saying that it's a masterpiece, what i get is that everyone thinks its great for what it is.
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan on Fri May 15, 2009 2:04 am

undeadmonkey wrote:Star Trek will cure world hunger.
you heard it here first, folks

NSpan
Borat
Borat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz on Fri May 15, 2009 5:53 am

I've been watching a show called Leverage. It isn't half bad. Cheesy and predictable at times, but for the most part it's fun.

Kinda like CSI meets Oceans 11, if that makes any sense to you.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by packpaljs on Fri May 15, 2009 7:38 am

Just finished another movie, partly based on Surf's recommendation:

Miller's Crossing 7/10, I liked it, I love how different it was to most other gangster movies. Still it felt like a collaboration of other movies I've seen before. I did enjoy it, but not great in my eyes.
packpaljs
Fletch
Fletch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu on Fri May 15, 2009 9:32 am

Donte77 wrote:Watched Thirteen last night. It was okay and would have been better if I didn't spend 48% of the movie thinking about how often I would beat my kids if they acted that way. The last 30 minutes of the movie were pretty good with Hunter's performance but all in all just a bunch of annoying teenagers who needed tied in the cellar and beaten with a knotted rope.

3/5 Stars

After watching Thirteen I was so relieved that I have sons not daughters.
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top