The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

+19
A_Roode
Shrykespeare
BarcaRulz
mfrendo
geezer9687
JackO
becs
undeadmonkey
transformers2
Donte77
Keyser Soze
W
Buscemi
leestu
silversurfer19
IPKI$$
packpaljs
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
23 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by Buscemi Mon May 18, 2009 9:51 am

Does warthog taste like pork?

But I wouldn't kill meerkat.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by W Mon May 18, 2009 9:54 am

I'd try a warthog chop... I'm getting hungry talking about this...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Mon May 18, 2009 11:36 am

Taken, was almost as good as the first time i saw it, dont remember what grade i gave it.

300, havent seen it since the year it came out. two years ago?. I loved it at the time, i even bought the two disc special edition the week it came out. now, I didnt like it at all, all it is is naked people running around, cool but slightly macabre action scenes and a lot of over acting. I dont think this has ever happened to me where i loved a movie at the time but now cringed when watching. another one bites the ebay dust.

P.S. I need to watch Lion King again. I freaking love that movie.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Mon May 18, 2009 6:13 pm

Nah, I still love '300.' No buyer's remorse for me!
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Tue May 19, 2009 12:21 am

I agree Roode 300 is still awesome and i am glad i purchased it.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue May 19, 2009 1:41 am

Thirded!
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by W Tue May 19, 2009 9:30 am

Redbelt 8/10: Horrible acting for the most part. Especially by the guy that plays the fight promoter guy and some other character actor that's in a ton of films. Chiwetel Ejilofor was great IMO and I'm glad to see that he's getting more roles since this film.

Do the Right Thing 8/10: Very good character-driven film, though I'm not sure what Spike Lee was going for. For me, it turned out being a bleak look at the world. Most of the people there weren't looking for work, weren't trying to better their lives, but were trying to raise their kids to be different from them. Where do they think the money is coming from? I don't really understand how they can say (no matter the race) that the people on top are keeping them down when they're really keeping them afloat.

I subscribe to the Martin Luther King and Bill Cosby view of parenting and getting ahead in life. First off, the Cosby way is you have to raise your kids in a way that they will do things for themselves to make their lives better. Teach them what they need to get ahead in life including manners, humanities, morals, and knowledge that they need to succeed. Keep them out of trouble. For the most part, I saw people doing nothing to get out of the situation they were in then wondering why they are in the situation they're in.

MLK's philosophy, which was first used by Mahatma Ghandi, is non-violent civil disobedience, meaning if you think something is wrong, use non-violent means against it. I'm also in the group that believes you should do whatever you want as long as its not hurting anyone else and you should be able to run your business as long as no one else is being hurt by your practices. You can't chain a person up and force them to wash dishes, but you can hang up pictures of Italians in an Italian restaurant. You wouldn't go to the Olive Garden and try to force them to play German Polka.

I don't know what the thoughts were on this film were before, but this is where I stand.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Tue May 19, 2009 10:45 am

Taken: 8/10

Finally saw it. Liked it. Very crisp 85 minute run time.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Tue May 19, 2009 10:58 am

The Descent - 4.5/5

Saw this last night, and really liked it. I never picked it up before due to mixed reviews, but I thought it was really well done, and parts were suspenseful and horrifying in a very real way (in the beginning section of the film). Makes me want to rewatch Doomsday, to see if I missed something (it's done by the same director).

Black Sheep 1.5/5

This is for the horror movie title, not the Chris Farley comedy. I thought the idea was good, and could have been funny, but me and my buddy were both bored to shit by this one. We actually turned it off before it ended.
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue May 19, 2009 3:13 pm

mfrendo wrote:Black Sheep 1.5/5

This is for the horror movie title, not the Chris Farley comedy. I thought the idea was good, and could have been funny, but me and my buddy were both bored to shit by this one. We actually turned it off before it ended.
ugh, sorry--i should've warned you about this one.. horrible, horrible movie.. for similar fare, i highly highly highly recommend Severance.. avoid Hatchet like the plague
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode Tue May 19, 2009 6:42 pm

mfrendo wrote:The Descent - 4.5/5

Saw this last night, and really liked it. I never picked it up before due to mixed reviews, but I thought it was really well done, and parts were suspenseful and horrifying in a very real way (in the beginning section of the film). Makes me want to rewatch Doomsday, to see if I missed something (it's done by the same director).

Regarding 'Doomsday,' let me just say this:

You Didn't. A total dog of a film.

I do recommend 'Dog Soldiers' though. It doesn't have the polish that 'The Descent' does, but you can see how he's honing his direction and story-telling skills.
A_Roode
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Tue May 19, 2009 8:43 pm

NSpan wrote:
mfrendo wrote:Black Sheep 1.5/5

ugh, sorry--i should've warned you about this one.. horrible, horrible movie.. for similar fare, i highly highly highly recommend Severance.. avoid Hatchet like the plague

Not surprisingly, I am actually the other way around. I really liked Black Shep for what it was: a low budget B grade horror film that is equally as unintentionally funny as it is really funny. I mean
Spoiler:
. I thought Severance was way over-rated or maybe the hype was so big I was disappointed by the result. I thought I would get Office Space meets Scream but instead I got Office worker relationships cliche meets horror film cliche.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2 - Page 5 Empty what are you watching RIGHT NOW.... or somewheres about close to "right now" PART 2

Post by BarcaRulz Wed May 20, 2009 12:22 am

Last post in the old topic:

ok.. this has an automatic lock for when a topic is close to reaching 1000 posts.. so i've unlocked it to say that so you know whats going on. Also, someone should make a PART 2 to this.

Finally, i saw a film called Dear Frankie today. Stars Emily Mortimer (who i love) and Gerrard Butler (who was excellent in it). Fantastic film, pretty much everything was perfect bar some little nit-picks i had. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a good drama. 9/10.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Wed May 20, 2009 12:40 am

I've been wanting to see that one for while now, but i cant seem to find a copy
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed May 20, 2009 3:52 am

I merged the the open threads together. Didn't think we needed three pages of two titles focusing on the same things.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 20, 2009 5:48 am

Just watched Paul Blart: Mall Cop. Just what I expected, most of the funnier parts were in the trailers and kinda ruined them. The whole extreme sports thing was stupid, why couldn't they be regular criminals? Matter of fact, lose the bad guys all together - I think they brought the movie to a standstill. 5/10
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Wed May 20, 2009 5:57 am

Watching Night at the Museum till the Nuggets game. It's actually better then I remembered. I used to hate it but now it's alright.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Wed May 20, 2009 6:07 am

JackO wrote:Watching Night at the Museum till the Nuggets game. It's actually better then I remembered. I used to hate it but now it's alright.

Lakers-Nuggets just started....
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Wed May 20, 2009 4:49 pm

the nuggets almost had it i am very sad the Lakers won.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Thu May 21, 2009 9:12 am

I watched POTC:At Worlds End last night. Fun family film. The kids had a great time watching it. 9/10.

Also took a trip down memory lane back into my childhood by starting the first disc of the first season of Fantasy Island.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Thu May 21, 2009 12:38 pm

nice, honestly i love all the pirates, they are so much fun, i cant wait for the next one.

I saw a pair of classics the past couple of days

Casablanca 10/10. loved it. probably my favorite part was the cinematography, the use of shadows, I've never seen the movie before, but i've seen the iconic images from the movie before. I wonder if Michael Curtiz was the one who actually came up with it, or he just did it better than others. Also loved the script, the iconic lines, you always hear heres lookin at you kid, but there are so many more. Although i dont really get why he says here's lookin at you kid...

Gone with the Wind: 7/10 my biggest problem was the acting, but its interesting to see how different acting is perceived then from how it is now, because if any movie was acted like that today critics would so bash on it, much less it being oscar considered. I can definitely see why it's considered a classic though. it was over four hours and it held my attention for most of it. Another little problem i had though was when everyone found out about scarlett and ashley's 'hugging affair' that scarlett was painted as the whore and ashley well he's just a guy, but i guess im nitpicking. Also loved the cinematography on this one. I would actually love to see a remake of this with a big score and a little bit more subtler acting. Overall though i did enjoy it, all four hours
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu May 21, 2009 8:21 pm

Well, in the South at the time the film was portraying that would have happened between Scarlet and Ashley, so I don't really think you have a valid argument there.

Meanwhile, O My Brothers, I viddied A Clockwork Orange (8/10): In my opinion, odin pretty horrorshow flick. To warn you, there is a lot of the old in and out and malchicks doing ultraviolent acts against dedchoockas, baboochkas, other bandas, and practically everyone. A futuristic society with bandas of malchicks running around doing these things, with the rozzes doing the same shows a bleak future. And that's just the nachinating.

O, how oomny Anthony Burgess had to be to come up with the film's own lingo. Every futuristic film should do this. There is more of the story than shown in the film. The American version of the book has odin chapter missing, but was the one used to make the film, so I wonder what the real end of the book is. I'm going to read it.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Thu May 21, 2009 8:41 pm

W wrote:Meanwhile, O My Brothers, I viddied A Clockwork Orange (8/10): In my opinion, odin pretty horrorshow flick. To warn you, there is a lot of the old in and out and malchicks doing ultraviolent acts against dedchoockas, baboochkas, other bandas, and practically everyone. A futuristic society with bandas of malchicks running around doing these things, with the rozzes doing the same shows a bleak future. And that's just the nachinating.

Are we supposed to understand this paragraph...?
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Thu May 21, 2009 9:09 pm

I don't think so. I actually thought that W was posessed when he wrote it. I am sure it has something to do with the film, as he explained, the language they use in it, but since I haven't seen it, it made no god damn sense.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Thu May 21, 2009 9:57 pm

W wrote:Well, in the South at the time the film was portraying that would have happened between Scarlet and Ashley, so I don't really think you have a valid argument there.

Meanwhile, O My Brothers, I viddied A Clockwork Orange (8/10): In my opinion, odin pretty horrorshow flick. To warn you, there is a lot of the old in and out and malchicks doing ultraviolent acts against dedchoockas, baboochkas, other bandas, and practically everyone. A futuristic society with bandas of malchicks running around doing these things, with the rozzes doing the same shows a bleak future. And that's just the nachinating.

O, how oomny Anthony Burgess had to be to come up with the film's own lingo. Every futuristic film should do this. There is more of the story than shown in the film. The American version of the book has odin chapter missing, but was the one used to make the film, so I wonder what the real end of the book is. I'm going to read it.

In ways the final chapter of the book feels at odds with the rest of the book. Read it and see.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next