The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRAND NEW FANTASY MOGULS LEAGUE WEBSITE!

+11
mfrendo
BarcaRulz
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpan
silversurfer19
Filippo
undeadmonkey
W
geezer9687
JackO
Shrykespeare
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BRAND NEW FANTASY MOGULS LEAGUE WEBSITE! - Page 2 Empty Re: BRAND NEW FANTASY MOGULS LEAGUE WEBSITE!

Post by Shrykespeare Sun May 17, 2009 3:22 am

Couldn't agree more Banks. I'm sure that's on their "to do" list.

In the mean time, I have a craving for Olive Garden's Pasta Formaggio... Smile

Barca, could we add this site to our "affiliates" page? Right underneath mine, of course... cyclops
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

BRAND NEW FANTASY MOGULS LEAGUE WEBSITE! - Page 2 Empty Re: BRAND NEW FANTASY MOGULS LEAGUE WEBSITE!

Post by NSpan Sun May 17, 2009 5:08 am

how are the results going to be posted?

if they might be willing to share their code, we could set up an American sister-site
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Sun May 17, 2009 5:27 am

Shrykespeare wrote:Couldn't agree more Banks. I'm sure that's on their "to do" list.

In the mean time, I have a craving for Olive Garden's Pasta Formaggio... Smile

Barca, could we add this site to our "affiliates" page? Right underneath mine, of course... cyclops

Yeah. Will need some sort of large banner for that though.

NSpan wrote:how are the results going to be posted?

if they might be willing to share their code, we could set up an American sister-site

was thinking about that as well. we've got more than enough people here to help with an ENGLISH (not American.. Wink) site.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sun May 17, 2009 5:43 am

Yeah, we need to get them to surrender, i mean share the code
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Sun May 17, 2009 10:34 am

geezer9687 wrote:Yeah, we need to get them to surrender, i mean share the code

Ha! That's funny shit Geez. Especially with the Terminator avatar...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon May 18, 2009 3:28 am

Good news, guys!

According to Filippo, our new Italian friends are working to create an English roster page for the next "Moguls" website, and they are asking us if we want a separate league to be created for us English-speakers. I told him an unqualified yes.

Who is interested?

(And BTW, don't think this gets any of you guys out of your responsibility for the Super/Regulars leagues!) Twisted Evil
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon May 18, 2009 3:35 am

I'm is inter-ma-rested.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon May 18, 2009 4:00 am

Further implements:

The English page is now up, kind of. "Your Movies" is now in English, as well as the names of the months (June, July, August). "Salva" has been replaced by "Save". The dates on the Movie Selection page are also now in a more American format (June 1 2009 instead of 01/06/2009).

Names of Fantaversians who have entered our new hosts' league:

Shrykespeare
JackO
W
Undeadmonkey
Scripps
delfinasu
englishozzy
BanksIsDaFuture
NSpannaus
geezer9687
Silversurfer19
Jake07

ETA: It looks like the pricing scheme for these leagues is going to be what we have to use this time around. It's rather late in the game to change it completely, but hopefully the next time around we can all have one unified pricing scheme for everyone.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Mon May 18, 2009 9:33 am

I'll be checking it out within the next week.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon May 18, 2009 9:49 am

One may be put off by the Italian at first, but other than that it's pretty easy to navigate.

By the way, Julie and Julia for $3 is a steal. That could do $50 million and 7.0 IMDb in its four weeks.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon May 18, 2009 9:52 am

Buscemi wrote:One may be put off by the Italian at first, but other than that it's pretty easy to navigate.

By the way, Julie and Julia for $3 is a steal. That could do $50 million and 7.0 IMDb in its four weeks.

I'm thinking closer to Mamma Mia! at this point, though not as big...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon May 18, 2009 9:58 am

W, a movie about the life of Julia Child doesn't have nearly as much interest as a musical based on the music of ABBA.

But it should still bring in the older female audience that's usually ignored in the summer.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon May 18, 2009 10:05 am

I think it's undervalued just because of that. It will look good to females over 21 just as a film about a lady setting a goal and achieving it. Julia Childs, Meryl Streep, and I'm not saying $100 M, but $70 is very possible... I think even a sleeper hit is possible...

P.S.: When The Hangover bombs, you can tell me what will/won't happen... j/k
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Mon May 18, 2009 10:14 am

Locking up the Hangover on all slates Admiral W! king
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon May 18, 2009 10:22 am

Still can't see The Hangover doing well. That type of movie rarely does well and it has no stars. Drag Me To Hell's second weekend may actually outdo its first.

The IMDb rating should be good considering users love for cheap teen and frat boy-oriented comedies (*cough* I Love You, Man *cough* *cough* Adventureland *cough*).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon May 18, 2009 10:34 am

Both Drag Me to Hell and The Hangover have major buzz and I took both of them, so... I grabbed both of them. I also think Imagine That will do decently well, though there's no buzz, I don't think family films that are smaller typically get much buzz. I don't see any other $10 or less that I'm crazy about...

I'm starting the Julie and Julia bandwagon right now, though. It clinched it when you said you didn't think it'd do well...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon May 18, 2009 10:44 am

W, I didn't say that Julie and Julia would flop. I said about $70 million, which is good for a late summer release.

Meanwhile, Nickelodeon has started to advertise Imagine That on their channel. With the names "Eddie Murphy" and "Nickelodeon", kids who watch Nickelodeon and loved the Shrek movies and Daddy Day Care should be buzzing about it. Also helping things is that Land Of The Lost got a PG-13 (can't believe Universal didn't appeal the rating or cut it down to a PG). So Imagine That could possibly outgross Land Of The Lost just because of that.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Mon May 18, 2009 11:16 am

The Hangover and Imagine That's tracking had best pick up! Meanwhile, Julie and Julia might not get many top 5 points buuuut money-wise, can't get any easier sell, especially counteracting G.I. Joe

I'm willing to listen to trade offers in the Full Year League . . . .

Last edited by JackO on Mon May 18, 2009 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Mon May 18, 2009 11:18 am

How do you get to the english league?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon May 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Buscemi wrote:So Imagine That could possibly outgross Land Of The Lost just because of that.

Your mouth to God's ear, Boussh. I originally had LOTL on my to-see list (Will Ferrell notwithstanding) because I was a fan of the original TV show. But this movie bears no resemblance whatsoever to the show, with the exception of the Sleestaks and Chaka, neither of whom were that great of characters to begin with. It's just an excuse to feel up the hot chick. Paaaaaaathetic.

undeadmonkey wrote:How do you get to the english league?

They haven't created one yet. Be patient. Probably by mid-week.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon May 18, 2009 12:09 pm

Land Of The Lost will be this year's Speed Racer and Year One will be its Love Guru.

In short, it won't be a good June.

By the way, is anyone interested a June-August tag team league? And this time, we'll need someone reliable to keep score.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Mon May 18, 2009 12:14 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:Further implements:

The English page is now up, kind of. "Your Movies" is now in English, as well as the names of the months (June, July, August). "Salva" has been replaced by "Save". The dates on the Movie Selection page are also now in a more American format (June 1 2009 instead of 01/06/2009).

my bad, i must of missed that. my months are in english, but my 'Salva' is still 'Slava'

Buscemi wrote:Land Of The Lost will be this year's Speed Racer and Year One will be its Love Guru.

By the way, is anyone interested a June-August tag team league? And this time, we'll need someone reliable to keep score.

As much as i dont like Jack Black, I do think that he has more Box Office draw than Meyers
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon May 18, 2009 12:16 pm

Salva is that director who fingered that kid, went to jail and made Jeepers Creepers.

Too much?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Mon May 18, 2009 12:20 pm

undeadmonkey wrote:

my bad, i must of missed that. my months are in english, but my 'Salva' is still 'Slava'

Weird, mine changes to "Save" as soon as I log in.

Buscemi wrote:Salva is that director who fingered that kid, went to jail and made Jeepers Creepers.

Too much?

By an order of magnitude. Embarassed
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Mon May 18, 2009 12:26 pm

undeadmonkey wrote:
Buscemi wrote:Land Of The Lost will be this year's Speed Racer and Year One will be its Love Guru.

As much as i dont like Jack Black, I do think that he has more Box Office draw than Meyers

But didn't the Shrek movies and the last two Austin Powers movies all make more money than any of Jack Black's movies?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum