The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

+22
Alyson
Chienfantome
Mannix2121
JackBurton
W
Donte77
BarcaRulz
silversurfer19
mfrendo
geezer9687
undeadmonkey
SuperShaan
leestu
numbersix_99
Synestro
transformers2
Keyser Soze
A_Roode
becs
JackO
Buscemi
Shrykespeare
26 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 3 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by Synestro Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:43 am

I copy from the actual adress bar at the top of the YouTube page and then I paste it into the insert a video tool on here. I don't use the little URL/Embedded box on YouTube's site.
Synestro
Synestro
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

Back to top Go down

THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR - Page 3 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF THE FANTAVERSE - THE EXTENDED TOUR

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:57 am

Just out of curiosity, but didn't one of the orginal posts in this thread ask if we would limit our inclusions to one per person per day? That suer made it easier to keep up with everyone's postings of songs.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:04 am

Keyser Soze wrote:Just out of curiosity, but didn't one of the orginal posts in this thread ask if we would limit our inclusions to one per person per day? That suer made it easier to keep up with everyone's postings of songs.

Oh. Didn't read it. Well, you got a three for one deal with me Laughing
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:07 am

Listen All Y'All, It's A Sabotage!
Directed by Spike Jonze

Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:03 am

Okay, this isn't the one I tried to post earlier, but another by the same artist. BTW, thanx for all your guys help in telling me how to do this.

mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:18 am

Okay, I can't think of any more "E" groups at the moment, so I'll go back to "D".

I have always been in awe of the genius of Thomas Dolby. Musician, lyricist, composer, genius. If you ask most people to identify him, I'm sure 90% would either not remember him or say he was the one-hit wonder who hit with "She Blinded Me With Science." But I know differently. Though he looked like a nuclear biologist in that video, I know that he is just as smart. If there were one musician, living or dead, whose brain I would love to pick over dinner, it would be him.

Picking one video from his vast repertoire is tough, but I've always loved the snarky tone of my video pick for Wednesday, December 3. Just listen to the lyrics, you'll find yourself laughing. And the video! How hard is it to choreograph cardboard?

Thomas Dolby - Airhead

Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:18 am

I saw the Dropkick Murphy's this summer at Lelacheur Field in Lowell, MA, where the Red Sox A ball team plays. They did all the Sox minor league ballparks and they are going to use the performances on for their next live album. Micky Ward, who the Warrior's Code was written about was there, so was the family of Andrew Farrar, the subject of the song Last Letter Home. It was an amazing show.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:16 pm

Shryke,

Saw Thomas Dolby in a 400 seat club this past Summer, and the guy still is amazing with what he can do. Sounds like we have pretty similar musical tastes although my wife was the one with 1500 CD collection when I met her.

Can't believe I was the only vote for these guys in the 76 - 85 poll. Added the 1st one only because it's uber-cool, but the 2nd one is a modern day classic

Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:37 pm

BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:20 pm

Barca,

Excellent choice, and they should definitely be in the upper half of the bracket for the 86 - 95 poll.

Have you ever seen either their MTV Unplugged show or VH1's Behind the Music of them?
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:58 pm

Exit Music (For a Film) by Radiohead from Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet.

Even better Life in a Glass House by Radiohead

Or the best, The old version of Nude(Big Ideas - Don't Get Any) also by Radiohead

JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Synestro Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:29 pm

I'm going to try and put up some of my favorite mainstream cover songs until I can't think of anymore. This is probably one of the best, IMO.

Synestro
Synestro
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:24 pm

In the spirit of JackO's multi-Radiohead post, here's my favorite Radiohead video and one of the best video's I've ever seen.

mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:28 pm

I hope you don't think Metallica's version is better than the original Bob Seeger version Synestro.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by numbersix_99 Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:46 pm

Speaking of cover versions...

numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:55 pm

numbersix_99 wrote:Speaking of cover versions...

I'm old enough to remember watching them do this live on Saturday Night Live and wondering WTF????
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:28 am

My favorite cover and one of the only ones that improved upon the original song.

And for a great song that not many of you will have heard of check out this tune. The band is Gogol Bordello. Love them. They are great for drinking music.

Last edited by Donte77 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:38 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : this fucking video won't load bastards!)
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:32 am

Gogol Bordello are one crazy outfit. I do like them a lot though. Haven't seen them live since 2005 though, a very entertaining live act.

A cover I like but a lot of people really hate is this:

The Lemonheads: Mrs. Robinson

silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Synestro Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:22 am

[quote=\"geezer9687\"]I hope you don\'t think Metallica\'s version is better than the original Bob Seeger version Synestro.[/quote]

Absolutely not!!! It\'s just one of my favorite covers, and a lot of that appeal comes from the fact that the original is incredible. I don\'t know that any cover is \"better\" than the original...except maybe....

Last edited by Synestro on Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Synestro
Synestro
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:26 am

You were kidding weren't you Synnie. I mean, the video didn't work but it looked like Alien Ant Farm, possibly one of the worst bands (and worst band names) EVER.

There are plenty of cover songs which are better than their originals - for instance Hendrix's version of Dylan's All Along The Watchtower, Cash's Version of NIN's Hurt.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Synestro Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:35 am

No, I wasn't joking. Don't get me wrong here, it's the only song I know from the band, but I always liked it. If I had to choose between listening to Jackson's version or AAF, I'd pick the latter anyday. I thought about Cash's Hurt and you are right, the man owned that damned song. Forgot about Hendrix, again he takes ownership of the song. I tried several different links to the Smooth Criminal, sorry about that.
Synestro
Synestro
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:45 pm

Yeah... "Watchtower" is my favorite Hendrix song and I'm a decent size Hendrix fan--but isn't everyone? Another good Hendrix "cover"--its live, so unsure if it counts--is Johnny Be Good.

As big of a Hendrix fan as I am, I am a much bigger fan of the older country. Johnny Cash did such a great job with "Hurt" probably because it meant so much more for a man at the end of his life than it did for someone that's young and basically on top of the world--when Downward Spiral came out. Though "Hurt" was the best song of Cash's Rick Rubin Era, those albums are loaded with great covers such as "Desperado" and especially Hank Williams Sr.'s "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry." He also "covers" some of his own earlier stuff in those albums since he's not the same artist that he used to be.

Other of my favorite covers:
Nirvana's "The Man That Sold the World" (or am I wrong?)
Limp Bizkit's "Faith" (I REALLY liked their first CD, before they really became a rap band.)
Willie Nelson "Crazy" (does it count if its a song that you wrote?)
Willie Nelson "Georgia on My Mind"
Aerosmith "Come Together"
Chili Peppers' "Higher Ground"
Johnny Cash "It Ain't Me Babe"
The Byrds' "Mr. Tamborine Man"
George Thorogood "Move it on Over"
Allman Brothers "Statesboro Blues"
And I'm sure about 1000 more!

Financially, the best covers ever are probably virtually every song Elvis ever did, though. Oh, and half of every Kid Rock song.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:03 pm

Kid Rock hasn't been good since 1999 (before he became this "I want to be white trash" guy). I mean, have you heard Warrior? That shit screams GOP/military propaganda and the video is even worse (trust me, I had to see it before almost every movie in theatres for two months).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:25 pm

Buscemi wrote:Kid Rock hasn't been good since 1999 (before he became this "I want to be white trash" guy). I mean, have you heard Warrior? That shit screams GOP/military propaganda and the video is even worse (trust me, I had to see it before almost every movie in theatres for two months).

Yeah, I said financially... Meaning that he makes money nowadays by just taking background music from another artist's song and rearranging some of the lyrics. It's really sad because "Devil Without a Cause" was one of my favorite CDs of the 90's. Everything since has been utter crap.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:49 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:Barca,

Excellent choice, and they should definitely be in the upper half of the bracket for the 86 - 95 poll.

Have you ever seen either their MTV Unplugged show or VH1's Behind the Music of them?

Not yet i haven't. Anything Oasis pre-WELIKEBASHINGCRAPUPBECAUSEWETHINKWEAREBETTERTHANEVERYONEELSE phase was great.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next