The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies That You Are Ashamed to Have Not Seen

+16
Donte77
transformers2
A_Roode
mfrendo
Keyser Soze
JackO
leestu
BanksIsDaFuture
W
silversurfer19
BarcaRulz
Shrykespeare
geezer9687
NSpan
Buscemi
J.I.
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Movies That You Are Ashamed to Have Not Seen - Page 3 Empty Re: Movies That You Are Ashamed to Have Not Seen

Post by NSpan Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:33 am

Geez, if i had to pick ONE movie from that list to physically force you to watch, it'd be Last Crusade
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Movies That You Are Ashamed to Have Not Seen - Page 3 Empty Re: Movies That You Are Ashamed to Have Not Seen

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:03 am

There's quite a few on that list that I'd force you to watch before I got to Last Crusade
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:14 am

sure, there are a few that came to mind immediately (Taxi Driver, The Shining, Cool Hand Luke, Fargo, Annie Hall, The Deer Hunter, Life of Brian, Dog Day Afternoon, etc.)--but Last Crusade?? come on, man.. that's like refusing somebody their childhood

Last edited by NSpan on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:16 am

NSpan wrote:but Last Crusade?? come on, man.. that's like refusing somebody their childhood

I can't argue with you there
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:52 am

Considering the user name, I might be able to think of one movie that would be higher on Keyser's list...

Now in saying that, are you speaking from your perspective, or taking my taste into account as well? I'm sure you have a pretty good idea by now of what I enjoy.

And I only saw Raiders very recently.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:53 am

geezer9687 wrote:Now in saying that, are you speaking from your perspective, or taking my taste into account as well? I'm sure you have a pretty good idea by now of what I enjoy.

Foreign language films and silent movies?
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:04 am

what'd you think of Raiders?
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:05 am

I loved it. I'd give it a 9/10.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:07 am

geezer9687 wrote:I loved it. I'd give it a 9/10.

For me it is the best of the series, though I know a lot like Last Crusade also. Doom is a little crap, but nostalgic nevertheless with a great runaway mine train scene.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:08 am

I like Doom and Crusade more than Raiders.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:29 am

Having only seen Kingdom of The Crystal Skull, I can assume that all Indianaa Jones movies are equally terrible thus I will never waste my time in watching them.

That is all.

Razz
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:30 am

I thought Temple of Doom was the worst of the 3 and Crusade the best. And yes, there are only 3 Indy movies in my eyes.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:34 am

in my opinion, Last Crusade is the pinnacle of traditional cinema.. it may not be the finest film ever made--but it might just be the best damn movie ever made.. it's an epic adventure, with great action sequences, memorable characters, and a cool story to boot.. this is the movie i think of when fondly looking back on being young and experiencing a novel theater-going experience.. it's the ultimate "popcorn movie".. and that isn't to say that it's a big dumb action movie with nothing going for it except explosions and special effects (see: Transformers).. it's simply a perfectly executed, family friendly, fuckin rollercoaster-ride of a movie.. and, believe me, i reserve such cliches for special purposes.. get a good copy of it, watch it on a big TV, and just soak it all up.. the COLOR in this movie is something special in itself.. it's from 1982, but it LOOKS like a vintage classic film being previewed for the very first time in the theater.. everything jumps off the screen.. and the movie itself HAS all you could ask for--snakes, Nazis, blimps, planes, tanks, the wrath of God, puzzles, one-liners, and a hot blonde.. what more could you ask for?

PS. temple of doom is garbage
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:36 am

Transformers was Great
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:39 am

Your hot blonde and Transformers reference just gave me a great idea.

Shia Labeouf as Mutt Jones
Megan Fox as Femme Fatale

IN

Indiana Jones 5: Every Mutt Has His Day!

Directed by Michael Bay

Movies That You Are Ashamed to Have Not Seen - Page 3 Indy4empireback.thumbnail
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:43 am

Is that Kate Bosworth on Banky's avatar?
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:53 am

NSpan wrote:in my opinion, Last Crusade is the pinnacle of traditional cinema.. it's from 1982, but it LOOKS like a vintage classic film being previewed for the very first time in the theater..

Wasn't Last Crusade released in 1989?
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:02 am

Surf,

Yes, it was. In order I rank them:

Last Crusade
Raiders
Temple of Doom
Kingdom
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:04 am

Buscemi wrote:Is that Kate Bosworth on Banky's avatar?

looks like katherine hiegle to me
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:31 am

There has been brought to my attention another film I really should have seen:

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:56 pm

silversurfer19 wrote:
NSpan wrote:in my opinion, Last Crusade is the pinnacle of traditional cinema.. it's from 1982, but it LOOKS like a vintage classic film being previewed for the very first time in the theater..

Wasn't Last Crusade released in 1989?
whoops.. merely a typo (probably due to the '82 joke from another thread...).. yes, it's from '89---which should explain the allusion to me going to see it as a child... (and, you know, not as a fetus)
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:21 pm

mfrendo wrote:There has been brought to my attention another film I really should have seen:

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
Yes!
This one is definitely a must see, its one of the first on my list after I got netflix and I absolutely love it.

My list is miles long, we've been over the loads of movies I haven't see that are "classics" and must sees, but here are just a few;
Ghostbusters trilogy
Terminator trilgy
Godfather Trilogy
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Platoon
Pi
Delicatessen
Good Will Hunting
The Last King of Scotland
Amelie
Resovior Dogs
Taxi Driver
Tron
I Heart Huckabees
Suicide Kings
Heathers
Hotel Rawanda
Mulholland Drive
Blazing Saddles
Logan's Run
The Sea Inside
Eraserhead
My Own Private Idaho
Ed Wood
Do The Right Thing
My Left Foot
The Untouchables
L.A. Confidential

Edit: And that is definitely Katherine Heigl
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:23 pm

But I bet you've seen Angelina Jolie's entire filmography.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:52 pm

A_Roode wrote:I got a nice book for Christmas -- 1001 Movies You Must Watch Before You Die -- and it has a funny quote from Roger Ebert on the back. Basically he says that he's seen 943 of the movies in the book and that he's carefully rationing out the rest so that he'll stay alive longer. I got it as a reference for some of the more obscure classics so that I can keep filling in my knowledge gaps. A lot of them are probably too obscure to ever be tracked down, but I'll get to most of the main ones I hope!

Speaking of books on the topic, I picked up Film School: How to Watch DVDs and Learn Everything About Filmmaking some time ago, its got a great list of movies and really helps change your perspective on even the smallest details of a movie.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:17 pm

becs wrote:
My list is miles long, we've been over the loads of movies I haven't see that are "classics" and must sees, but here are just a few;
Ghostbusters trilogy

You can definitely pass on any Ghostbusters movie that has a digit in the title.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next