The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 13-15 tracking

+10
Swedgin!
NSpan
mfrendo
becs
geezer9687
Buscemi
BanksIsDaFuture
Shrykespeare
JackO
J.I.
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

March 13-15 tracking - Page 3 Empty Re: March 13-15 tracking

Post by Donte77 Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:50 pm

brockman81 wrote: When can we let Watchmen go and start talking about Monsters vs Aliens??....because it's going to be huge!!! (or at least my slates are hoping so).......but really, this movie has all the making of being a smash hit...I don't think it will have any direct competition until 17 again comes out...Hannah Montana will draw some of the teenage girls away (or all of them), but I think MvA is going to have great legs. Not to mention they are promoting the hell out of the movie...every channel I watch has the previews on...fuck, I even saw a promotion for it in Office Max the other day, WTF? Anyway, I guess I'm just ranting...Watchmen has come and gone...let us move on...

I think this is very true. I took Watchmen in the current season simply because MvA was only going to get 2 weeks. In the Feb-Apr and Mar-May seasons I took MvA on almost every slate. I agree and think it will be huge. It is a shame that Watchmen is dropping like it is but I understand. It wasn't intelligent enough for the fanboys to see it 3 times and it wasn't good enough for the casual non fanboy.

brockman81 wrote:
On a similar note though, when LOTR was released many of the readers (myself included) were very pleased with the final product, but I think that it was an exception to the rule...most times when a book is made into the movie the readers of the book think the movie is crap...and everyone should know that going into the theater...
I get you here too. Most books to movies are just not good. I have to add and addendum however since I am a huge book geek. I do not think some books should be made into movies. After watching the Watchmen (well that asnwers that question) I do not think this should have been made. Nothing new or important happened that I could not have gotten from the book with a re-read. The ending was not bad. I will give them that. I think the sushi-bomb would not have translated well. LOL
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:57 pm

Tough to call this weekend's PTA but by my count it went:

Sunshine Cleaning
Race to Witch Mountain
Under the Sea 3D
Last House on the Left
Watchmen
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:29 am

And the first trailer for Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs is out. It looks like...another massacre of a great children's book. The film looks like that took the basic plotline from the book but instead of using the plot, they decide to rip off elements of Meet The Robinsons and Igor and throw in bad-looking CGI that would probably work better if the film were traditionally animated. Bruce Campbell (a favorite actor) is in the film but even he couldn't save The Ant Bully from being another CGI dud, of which this film is going to be.

Box Office: 15/55 (another box office disappointment for Sony Pictures Animation but then again it could be a hit since this September is going to be very weak)
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:44 am

geezer9687 wrote:Tough to call this weekend's PTA but by my count it went:

Sunshine Cleaning
Race to Witch Mountain
Under the Sea 3D
Last House on the Left
Watchmen

Those are some nice legs for Under the Sea 3D. And with the huge PTA it got, it looks like Sunshine will indeed win two PTA weekends in a row, barring any unforeseen breakouts.
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:55 am

Well of course, it is an IMAX film and they always have great legs.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by J.I. Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:18 am

Swedgin! wrote:In fact, I think Up may struggle to wind up among the top three highest-grossing animated films of the year. Remember, we still have Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, virtually guaranteed to bring home $200M+, coming this Summer. (Actually, were I to be COMPLETELY truthful, I'd say there's even an outside chance of Up finishing as low as #5 among this year's animated films... Behind, respectively, Ice Age 3, MvA, Planet 51, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.)
No. I see no way that Planet 51 or Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs could possibly hit $100 million.
I still say Hannah Montana's going to be a solid hit, $100M, $110M, easy. The really awful truth is that Miley may well outdraw Moore.
No. High School Musical 3 was always going to be way bigger than the Hannah Montana movie and it only made $90 million. Jonas Brothers won't even hit $20 million, and that was in 3D. Honestly I see this being a flop.
Meanwhile, I think May is going to see the debuts of no less than SIX $150M+ films. I haven't researched this, yet, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if May '09 turned out to be one of the biggest months on record, perhaps THE biggest, ever. I am already pegging 2009 to have the biggest Summer of all time, and for this year to be one of the top three, earnings-wise... perhaps even higher.
Angels and Demons, Star Trek, and NatM 2 all look like they will have to work hard to come up to that number. This summer as a whole is pretty weak, especially June.
J.I.
J.I.
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3