The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Regular" League Standings - Dec (FINAL STANDINGS), Jan, Feb (3/4)

3 posters

Go down

"Regular" League Standings - Dec (FINAL STANDINGS), Jan, Feb (3/4) Empty "Regular" League Standings - Dec (FINAL STANDINGS), Jan, Feb (3/4)

Post by Shrykespeare Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:52 am

And thus endeth the very first league ever not to have sprung from Fantasy Moguls' loins. It was a very interesting Oscar season, wasn't it?

DECEMBER ULTIMATE LEAGUE - "Tim Allen" (FINAL STANDINGS)

What makes englishozzy's victory over new Fantaverse powerhouse JohnErle so cool isn't just the fact that this was the first Ultimate league created entirely by Fantaversians, and not the fact that he won the league by a scant 1.5 points; it's the fact that he was able to come in 2nd in Box Office, tie for 2nd in PTA, come in 2nd for Top 5, and come in first in User Rating (by a large margin... his lowest-rated film was Marley and Me at 7.3), and spend only $92 doing it. That's right, folks, he found damn near every bargain in the season, and still had change left over. That is remarkable, sir. Well done. You get to name the theme for the April-June Regulars league!

DECEMBER BOX OFFICE LEAGUE - "Under New Management" (FINAL STANDINGS)

I came in third in this league, but I say that with all humility, because it wasn't...even...close. JohnErle beat me by over $100 million, and second-place Buscemi by $87 million. Nice work, sir! (Note to self... this is NOT happening again...)

JANUARY ULTIMATE LEAGUE - "We'll Be Back"

geezer clings to that lead like a desperate limpet. And as Watchmen approaches, I can't help but wonder... do I ditch it for Witch/Monsters, or pray that 12 Rounds can make up the gap? Meanwhile, NSpan creeps closer, while SuperShaan and brockman are hoping from an additional boost from 12/

JANUARY BOX OFFICE LEAGUE - "Oh Nine and Counting"

It is with a certain sense of schadenfreude that I watch JohnErle get out to a huge lead, AGAIN. However, it seems unlikely that he will dusting off his mantle two months in a row, because here come the Watchmen crowd...

FEBRUARY ULTIMATE LEAGUE - "The Oscars"

wesvolk retains the lead, but look for packpaljs, Chienfantome and Donte are getting ready to make big moves this weekend.

FEBRUARY BOX OFFICE LEAGUE - "Pushing the Envelopes"

jess_sayin passes JohnErle for the top spot. Consternation! Uproar!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

"Regular" League Standings - Dec (FINAL STANDINGS), Jan, Feb (3/4) Empty Re: "Regular" League Standings - Dec (FINAL STANDINGS), Jan, Feb (3/4)

Post by Donte77 Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:53 pm

January Box Office link no worky.

And I am definitely going to do some hopping, skipping and jumping this weekend in the Feb Ult league. I see Chugs is taking my strategy for this league also. Watchmen and Monsters combo. We will see how it works out in the end.

And is it just me or is John-E like a Canadian superhero??? Anny and Ash leave and this dude comes in and whips us like puppies.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

"Regular" League Standings - Dec (FINAL STANDINGS), Jan, Feb (3/4) Empty Re: "Regular" League Standings - Dec (FINAL STANDINGS), Jan, Feb (3/4)

Post by Shrykespeare Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:31 pm

I know! I wish he hung out on the boards more often so we could disparage him to his face!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by johnErle Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:47 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:I know! I wish he hung out on the boards more often so we could disparage him to his face!

I read more than I post, so insult away and I'll probably see it. Then, after several hours of weeping in a fetal position, I may even reply.

Winning the Dec BO league was cool, but I'm actually glad englishozzy held on for the Ult victory. I've sworn off playing Ultimate leagues, but if I'd won I might have been compelled to play another and give people a chance to dethrone me. Now I can go back to my pre-FM days of not giving a flying fuck what IMDB fanboys think about anything.
johnErle
johnErle
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

http://www.dynamicrangeradio.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:54 pm

(Sheepish look)

You know we're kidding, right?

Honestly, can't wait for your latest Box Office rosters. I'm thinking of just changing mine to match yours blind.

(Kidding again. Kind of.)
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by johnErle Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:03 am

Shrykespeare wrote:(Sheepish look)

You know we're kidding, right?

Honestly, can't wait for your latest Box Office rosters. I'm thinking of just changing mine to match yours blind.

(Kidding again. Kind of.)

How soon you forget that I had Pink Panther 2 on my slates. Embarassed
johnErle
johnErle
Al Czervick
Al Czervick

http://www.dynamicrangeradio.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down