The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Regular" League Standings - Nov, Dec, Jan (2/3)

3 posters

Go down

"Regular" League Standings - Nov, Dec, Jan (2/3) Empty "Regular" League Standings - Nov, Dec, Jan (2/3)

Post by Shrykespeare Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:27 am

As I mentioned in my column (you've all read it, right?), this past weekend marked an auspicious occasion: the end of the very last leagues that began over at Fantasy Moguls. From this point on, fellow Fantaversians, everything that transpires will have done so on OUR ground; our pricing schemes, our leagues, OUR Message Boards. We are free. Fantaversians unite!

This past week, which marked the end of the November-January leagues, also featured a couple of familiar names up at the top of the standings:

NOVEMBER ULTIMATE LEAGUE - "Scarface: The Regulars" (FINAL)

CLICK HERE FOR STANDINGS

codeslinger emerges victorious, and how! An unparalleled 20-point victory is what he managed, coming in 2nd in Box Office, 2nd in PTA, 1st in Top 5 and tied for 7th in User Rating. That, folks, is how you do it. Well done, meister! The silver and bronze medals go to JackO and NSpan.

NOVEBMER BOX OFFICE LEAGUE - "Herculean Efforts" (FINAL)

CLICK HERE FOR STANDINGS

BarcaRulz takes the checkered flag in this one, scoring a by-a-neck victory over Ron_Burgundy, having claimed virtually every bargain on the docket: Twilight, Marley & Me, Four Christmases, Bedtime Stories, Role Models, Bride Wars and The Uninvited. Pay homage to our Creator, denizens of the Fantaverse!

DECEMBER ULTIMATE LEAGUE - "Tim Allen"

CLICK HERE FOR STANDINGS

englishozzy continues to lead, but the rest of the field seems to have a near-impossible task of catching up to JohnErle, who sits in second place with THREE titles still to come. codeslinger's 20-point victory margin may fall in just four short weeks...

DECEMBER BOX OFFICE LEAGUE - "Under New Management"

CLICK HERE FOR STANDINGS

Here, too, JohnErle has just laid waste to the rest of the field, holding a $17 million lead with a full month of He's Just Not That Into You still to go. If this happens, he will become the first player to score dual victories in both Regular Tournaments simultaneously.

JANUARY ULTIMATE LEAGUE - "We'll Be Back"

CLICK HERE FOR STANDINGS

geezer and SuperShaan remain tied for the lead, but Shrykespeare (huzzah!) is poised to take over next week with the release of He's Just Not... go Ben Affleck!

JANUARY BOX OFFICE LEAGUE - "Oh Nine and Counting

CLICK HERE FOR STANDINGS

geezer creeps over the quarter-billion mark here after four weeks, but the wily veteran transformers2 hopes to dethrone him when his slate makes a big Push this weekend. (sorry, I just had to make that joke once).

The following players have not turned in a lineup for the February "Oscars" league:

Alyson
BanksIsDaFuture
Chienfantome
codeslinger
Donte77
JackO
Mister Informative
mutard7
numbersix_99
rasgriz
Ron_Burgundy
SuperShaan
Swedgin!
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

http://www.thelatestmoviereviews.com

Back to top Go down

"Regular" League Standings - Nov, Dec, Jan (2/3) Empty Re: "Regular" League Standings - Nov, Dec, Jan (2/3)

Post by NSpan Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:35 pm

Shrykespeare wrote:NOVEMBER ULTIMATE LEAGUE - "Scarface: The Regulars" (FINAL)

CLICK HERE FOR STANDINGS

codeslinger emerges victorious, and how! An unparalleled 20-point victory is what he managed, coming in 2nd in Box Office, 2nd in PTA, 1st in Top 5 and tied for 7th in User Rating. That, folks, is how you do it. Well done, meister! The silver and bronze medals go to JackO and NSpan.
i'll settle for bronze.. congrats to JackO and Codeslinger!!
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

"Regular" League Standings - Nov, Dec, Jan (2/3) Empty Re: "Regular" League Standings - Nov, Dec, Jan (2/3)

Post by leestu Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:48 am

DECEMBER ULTIMATE LEAGUE - "Tim Allen"

CLICK HERE FOR STANDINGS

englishozzy continues to lead, but the rest of the field seems to have a near-impossible task of catching up to JohnErle, who sits in second place with THREE titles still to come. codeslinger's 20-point victory margin may fall in just four short weeks.

In the above league I think my slate still has Youth... but I can't find the pricing list for Dec-Feb or my original PM (which had the details of it's cost). to be able to change it for something else. I know it may be a bit redundant in terms of I have no chance of winning this league, but to me coming 12th is preferable than 15th, for example's sake.
Can anyone help with this?
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:52 am

Leestu, You have two spots open and $15 left to spend. Here are the movies within your price range (the one in bold, you currently have):

2/6 - Pink Panther 2 (13), He's Just Not That Into You (10), Coraline (10), Fanboys (5)
2/13 - Confessions of a Shopaholic (12), Friday the 13th (10), Under the Sea (2)
2/20 - Fired Up! (7)
2/27 - Assassination of a HSP (4), Street Fighter (2)

If you want any of the 2/6 ones, please reply to this by Friday at noon, okay?
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Thanks Shryke. You are a legend.

I'll take He's Just Not That Into You and keep Under The Sea.
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrykespeare Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Aw, you flatter me. That's about a 5% exaggeration.

Change made.
Shrykespeare
Shrykespeare
Peter Gibbons
Peter Gibbons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down