The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So? What does everyone think?

+31
leestu
W
mfrendo
J.I.
transformers2
Kompressr
TBB
JackO
Spectre
Donte77
Buscemi
silversurfer19
delfinasu
RedRaider
Alyson
chugsthemonkey
undeadmonkey
JackBurton
NSpan
MisterInformative
SuperShaan
BanksIsDaFuture
geezer9687
Synestro
Rasgriz
thswrestler160
Keyser Soze
lillylovelost
A_Roode
numbersix_99
BarcaRulz
35 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

So? What does everyone think? - Page 2 Empty Re: So? What does everyone think?

Post by RedRaider Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:01 pm

Looks good Barca!

The Fantaverse will live on!

RedRaider
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:01 pm

NSpan wrote:
BarcaRulz wrote:Can someone PLEASE tell me if they see the "More Games" sub-forum?
yup

Thanks.

Now, if anyone has any more sub-forums they want me to add, just put it up for discussion here.

I'm thinking of putting up a trailers and reviews forum, what do people think of that?
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

https://thefantaverse.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:13 pm

Can someone do me a favor and send me a PM. I want to see if everything is OK with that part of the forum.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by delfinasu Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:24 pm

I'm happy I'm in! And I'll bring my friends too... Such a great Fantaverse... We're gonna rebuild everything and doin' it even BETTER, aren't we?
delfinasu
delfinasu
Juno MacGuff
Juno MacGuff

http://delfinasu.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:28 pm

delfinasu wrote:I'm happy I'm in! And I'll bring my friends too... Such a great Fantaverse... We're gonna rebuild everything and doin' it even BETTER, aren't we?

Yes we are!

And thanks for sending the PM. Works just fine, when people send you a PM, the Messages box just under the banner will turn into a NEW PM box. It's easy enough to see and figure out.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:31 pm

Wow, so much achieved in so little time. I'm very impressed Barca! Now I gotta get back up to speed again now though. I was approaching my triple mogul status and now I gotta start from scratch. Rolling Eyes It's good to see so many of us on here already though, I am very tempted just to leave the fantasy moguls page already and concentrate on this. The way we have banded together so quickly has been immense, so while I spent the last day crying into my limited edition Futurama mug, you guys we're setting up a whole new fantaverse. Let's build it from here and vreate something really special, and something that is entirely ours.

There we go post no.1 Let's get moving!
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:41 pm

I don't think a review and trailer section is necessary. Leave that one up to Shryke's website. He's got it pretty much down with all that content.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:49 pm

geezer9687 wrote:I don't think a review and trailer section is necessary. Leave that one up to Shryke's website. He's got it pretty much down with all that content.

Good point. I totally forgot about that. Embarassed

I'll try and get a link up to there as well, not that it will matter considering only people from FM will come here, but still, you never know..
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:04 am

Ok, i've now sub-divided the forum into different categories, forums, and sub-forums. It's easier to keep track of things this way. Keep an eye out for the sub-forums, they aren't hard to see.

This way we can now get the info for the Nov-Feb leagues that were already started but would not be finished. We can focus on them, if it works out then we can start up our own leagues in January.

I'll spend some time getting the info and different slates from FM, but i'm going to need help. So if any of you have the time, tell me and i'll tell you what i have in mind.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:07 am

Yeah, this is great. Avatars rule!
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:09 am

Let me know what kind of help you need Barca. I don't know html or anything but I can compile data with the best of them. cheers
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:10 am

Buscemi wrote:Yeah, this is great. Avatars rule!

Now that is an Avatar!!!!!!
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:16 am

Donte77 wrote:Let me know what kind of help you need Barca. I don't know html or anything but I can compile data with the best of them. cheers

Check the Box Office sub-forum mate. It's the AP Top 25 League. We need updates, i wanna see if this really can work.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:37 am

Alright guys, i'm off for a while now. If there are any questions/suggestions just put them in this thread or PM me.

Also, someone start a league or a game or something, let's get the forum going. If anyone has any free time then check the Box-Office sub-forum. I think the AP Top 25 are the most important ones to get going.

Cheers fellas.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:00 am

I totally agree with having a forum separate from Fantasy Moguls. If they were so quick to shut down the games with but a moment's notice, who knows when the boards will be shut down in the exact same manner for cost concerns. Then again... maybe what they wanted all along was all of the board ad traffic to stay put. Screw 'em I say, we'll do it without them! Plus, now I get to change my username. Laughing
Spectre
Spectre
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by JackO Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:02 am

Awesome job so far Barca. This forum is actually might be better then our previous forum! cyclops
JackO
JackO
Lt. Frank Drebin
Lt. Frank Drebin

Back to top Go down

Post by TBB Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:07 am

Thanks for the resend.

Any way to change themes? Not tha I dont like the colour scheme and all, but I need something that I can see a bit better, havent got the best eyes Neutral

TBB
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kompressr Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:59 am

This.Is.Awesome. Barca Rules. Smile
Kompressr
Kompressr
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:20 pm

Ok... so I hate to be a party-pooper on this but I have a few concerns.

One, I have just tried to go through all of the posts made in my absense from the site today, and well, it made my head hurt. Everything is too scattered. I think that is why we always stuck to using one forum over on FM. I liked having everything in one centralized location so I could look at everything at once and read all the posts. I know that this has a lot to do with the sheer volume of activity due to the fact that his is brand new and there is so much enthusiasm, and it will probably die down. But man, my brain is fried.

My second major concern is with starting up the new season. I know this isn't a popular decision, but I honestly think we should sit this one out (and I personally might). The reason being that we should have a complete set of rules to follow for when we do set up our game. We don't have that yet. We need to know how everything is going to work before we start letting it work. There are so many ideas flying around that we need to consider. I know people are eager to play, and all gung-ho about taking over the operation from the powers that be, but it is my opinion that we should get everything straightened out BEFORE we start trying to play. If that means we lose a season, so be it.

Some things we need to know before we start playing:

1) What to do about pricing? This is obviously the biggest concern, as this was the main purpose TPTB served on the old site. I have already suggested letting our 3 columnists work together to make a collaborative price list, therefor not just one opinion is accounted for.

2) Who is going to keep track of league stats? I know any one of us can go on BOM and find what a movie did. But are you willing to punch in the numbers for everyone's individual slate to keep the standings up to date? How are we going to run the standings for the league's?

3) How are leagues going to be formed? Can anyone just throw together a league and have people sign up? This seems kinda pointless. I think that to keep things simple at first, we try to keep the leagues to a minimum. I don't want our project overwhelming anyone. I want this to be as smooth and painless a transition as possible.

Those are my 3 main issues at the moment. I hope you all read this and give it some thought. I just think things are being rushed at the moment and I don't see why we should be troubling ourselves by trying to build slates, before we have a system in place where we know that those slates will actually mean something 3 months from now.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:05 pm

just my thoughts to geez's suggestions.

1) If the three columnist want to do it, thats fine by me, but shryke's pricings are fine be me too. Also in the future, if someone sets up a league and does there own pricing, that could be interesting too.

2 & 3) I think these go hand in hand. Whoever sets up a league does the stats and if there are many players, maybe they can get someone else to help update. I dont think we should be worrying about too many slates, atm. I doubt there is going to be much more than 50 people, if that many at all. (well i could be wrong, there might be more devoted players than i think).

I really dont care if we skip a season, but I always say learning by experience is the best way to learn. If we do something wrong and it doesnt work, well there's always next season to start fresh and fix it. and like geezer said... it is a little scattered, but i dont think it has to do with the forum... I think its just that we havent decided on everything yet. so maybe we could get a certain set of ideas (or whatever you want to call it) and have everybody voice there opinion on it. sort of like a poll, i suppose.

LOL, hope im making sense, its two and im tired

Also I just wanted to put this out there, something that i have been thinking about....

We're not all going to agree on everything all the time... far from it. I would hope that we could all be civilized and compromise and work together, and what i've seen over this past year.. we can do it.
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:35 pm

Ok, first of all, TBB, there is no way to change the theme. Trust me, this is MUCH better than what the default one was.

As for geezers points, yes, it has happened to me as well. Just returned and practically every forum has new messages in it. It has alot to do with it being brand new, it should be easier to surf it later on. Also, it's easier to find stuff now anyway. Everything is organized and there is a search option.

Finally, I 100% agree about the no Dec-Feb. I won't put up sub-forums for them because i want people to get used to the forum and the outline. Buscemi has started a Box-Office one, and that's totally fine, we can see how it works before we all dive in. We can also take a page out of Shrykes book with his updating.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TBB Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:13 pm

Not so much that I didnt like the colours, more really I couldnt see what button was which in the Nav menu... but as you've fixed that I have no more immediate concerns Smile

Back to studying for that ethics exam for me I think lol. I'll stick around and after things start settling down I'll see where I can best help.

TBB
Napoleon Dynamite
Napoleon Dynamite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:49 am

Hey fellas. Just a quick favor to ask. Can someone make a 'what is the ultimate league' and 'what is the box office league' post in each of their respective forums?

Just a quick how to play and what counts is all i'm looking for. I'd do it myself but i have to go watch the football (thats soccer to you guys).

I'll sticky them once i finish.

Thanks in advance.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:11 am

Done. If there's anything else you want included in the intro's I'll amend it.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaRulz Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:15 pm

silversurfer19 wrote:Done. If there's anything else you want included in the intro's I'll amend it.

Thanks mate. Just stickied them in their respective forums. Check if you can sticky stuff, you should be able to. It's in the OPTIONS under the text box when you make a new-topic.
BarcaRulz
BarcaRulz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum