The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual: How to "Hide" Text

5 posters

Go down

The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual:  How to "Hide" Text Empty The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual: How to "Hide" Text

Post by Swedgin! Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:38 am

I'ver received a couple questions from folks asking how I "hide" text, for example when I want to make sure readers aren't "SPOILED" about an upcoming movie... Unless, that is, they really really want to be. Typically I stick the text, "[WARNING! SPOILERS!]" in front of the words or passage I'm wanting to conceal, followed by an instruction to SWIPE! the appropriate text. Just today, I think I've hit upon a pretty good color to use to hide text, after weeks of settling for cyan... I put in the instruction: (using extra spaces to make sure this is readable to all) [ c o l o r = # C F C F C F ] at the beginning, then close it out with [ / c o l o r ] at the end.

Then, all Fantaversians need to do is click and hold the selected text to make it appear... like so! And you're done.

I think there's also a "spoiler" function found under |Others|, but I frankly can't be bothered to learn anything new just now. Brain hurts.

Anyone with any refinements or additional helpful suggestions regarding this process, please feel free to add them here. Just don't say anything that might contradict my irreplaceable wisdom. [Grin]

The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual:  How to "Hide" Text Homer's%20brain_thumb
The red arrow indicates the only active real estate identified to date
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

http://www.deadwood.org

Back to top Go down

The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual:  How to "Hide" Text Empty Re: The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual: How to "Hide" Text

Post by NSpan Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:00 am

the spoiler button is pretty easy, check it out:

Spoiler:

just highlight the text you want hidden, click on OTHERS (a button just above the text box, toward the right), and choose SPOILER
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual:  How to "Hide" Text Empty Re: The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual: How to "Hide" Text

Post by Swedgin! Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:01 am

Pbbbt. Show-off.
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:12 am

Well that is neato.

Spoiler:
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:53 am

It's like Swedgin brings wall-e to battle
The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual:  How to "Hide" Text Walle

Spoiler:

and Nspan brings megatron

The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual:  How to "Hide" Text Megatron-full-body-cgi

You know we still love you Swedger

[wow]
What's wow?[/wow]
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:16 am

LOL! No, no no, you have no idea... THIS is what I bring:

The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual:  How to "Hide" Text Brave_10

The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual:  How to "Hide" Text Heartb10

The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual:  How to "Hide" Text Bee_oh10

Remember... I'm the guy who still WRITES HIS COLUMNS OUT on a legal pad with a fine-point Sharpie. THEN I type it into a computer, or a word processor, or an IBM Selectrix, or whatever.

The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual:  How to "Hide" Text Laptop10
My laptop
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:17 am

The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual:  How to "Hide" Text Brave_10

Blankie....
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:28 am

was anyone else confused by the scene where Blankie starts magically floating and, in a trance-like state, chants "The Maaaaaaster!"
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:30 am

um... should i know where that picture is from??
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:42 am

Yeah, it used to be on The Disney Channel all the time and Jon Lovitz and Phil Hartman were in it.

Little-known fact: John Lassiter was the original choice to direct the film. It was going to combine 2-D and CGI and had an estimated budget of $15-20 million. When Lassiter announced the projected budget, Disney not only canned the project but fired Lassiter from Disney altogether. Shortly after, a small branch of Lucasfilm brought him aboard to create a series of small short films and the rest is history.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:43 am

Only if you have children under the age of five, or were one once, yourself. [Grin]

They are, clockwise from top right, Toaster, Hoover, Blanky, Radio, and Lampy, from The Brave Little Toaster books and film, by Thomas M. Disch, who as far as I know didn't run away with the spoon.

The AlternaFantaverse Technical Manual:  How to "Hide" Text Toaster1
The Brain-dead Little Toaster
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:46 am

hmm, it sounds familiar, like something i've seen a long time ago, did they go to space or something?
undeadmonkey
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:49 am

That was one of the terrible sequels. Good idea, poor execution.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down