The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The X Number of Things I Learned From a Movie I Just Watched

+7
NSpan
lillylovelost
Keyser Soze
Donte77
numbersix_99
Buscemi
W
11 posters

Go down

The X Number of Things I Learned From a Movie I Just Watched Empty The X Number of Things I Learned From a Movie I Just Watched

Post by W Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:55 pm

Feel free to add to it/make your own for another movie. That's what this thread is for.

I just watched "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and I immediately watched "The Making Of" as soon as I was done and I looked it up on IMDB. Great film. Not sure if it's a 10/10 (probably is) since the disc I was watching was scratched and I missed a few scenes that really mattered, but at least a 9/10 definately. Here's some things I learned:

1. Danny DeVito CAN act. And I'll never make fun of him for The Penguin ever again.
2. Christopher Lloyd is another generation's Steve Buscemi (borders the line of wacky/crazy).
3. This guy looks like this in REAL LIFE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Michael_Berryman_2007.png
4. You can find a great, cheap supporting cast, or at least you could in the 70's.
5. If you need an extremely large Native American actor, talk to a car salesman in the Pacific Northwest.
6. Michael Douglas is much older than I thought. He produced this at 31.
7. Scatman Crothers is from my hometown of Terre Haute/"The Black Guy from 'The Shining'" is Scatman Crothers.
8. Angela Lansbury and Turd Ferguson were considered for the roles of Nurse Rached and McMurphy. That would have made for a bottom 100 film.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

The X Number of Things I Learned From a Movie I Just Watched Empty Re: The X Number of Things I Learned From a Movie I Just Watched

Post by Buscemi Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:04 pm

Things I Learned From Watching Demolition Man:

1.Taco Bell will win the Restaurant Wars and actually become a nice place to eat at.
2.In the future, you can still count on a Denis Leary rant.
3.Citations make for great toilet paper.
4.Don't know the purpose for the three seashells? Don't worry, no else does.
5.In the future, the Armour hot dogs jingle is the most popular song ever.
6.Due to the banning of meat, rat meat is the only meat that can be used for a hamburger.
7.Simon Phoenix really likes Jeffrey Dahmer.
8.John Spartan IS Betsy Fucking Ross.
9.Wesley Snipes could escape the San Angeles Police Department but he couldn't escape the real government many years later.
10.Stallone made the same movie two years later with Judge Dredd.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

The X Number of Things I Learned From a Movie I Just Watched Empty Re: The X Number of Things I Learned From a Movie I Just Watched

Post by numbersix_99 Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:42 pm

Haha, nice one guys.

You know, the first time I watched One Flew Over... I kept thinking the nurse's name was Mrs. Rat Shit.
numbersix_99
numbersix_99
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:32 am

I learned 5 things from watching 30 Days of Night

1. Scary movies are relative. When asked if a movie is scary, the answer is always yes to your wife. This keeps you from getting in trouble when you underestimate how scared she will be at a nonscary vampire movie.
2. Vampires talk like Klingons.
3. Vampires and Klingons have very annoying languages.
4. Vampire blood is twice as cool as heroin but 6 times as addicting.
5. Alaska sucks even more than vampires.
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:49 am

W wrote:2. Christopher Lloyd is another generation's Steve Buscemi (borders the line of wacky/crazy).

And you can watch both of them in "Things to do in Denver When You're Dead"
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1284

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:59 am

Things I Learned From Watching Doctor Detroit

1.Howard Hesseman can convince people that he really is a pimp.
2.Chicago is owned by a senior citizen-aged lady named Mom.
3.E.T. and The Apu Trilogy were available on VHS in 1983 (most likely pirate copies).
4.Dan Aykroyd proves that looking like Jack Elam from The Cannonball Run dressed in The Mask's clothing can definitely make you an absolute badass.
5.Thomas Edison took two-hour catnaps in his lap every day.
6.Concerts, movies, players' balls, James Brown can do it all.
7.Need to get some Indian food in a hurry? Just get some Kentucky Fried Chicken and mustard, put it in a pan, flambe it and voila, Indian food that a party can enjoy.
8.Foils used for fencing also make great skewers for giant shish kababs.
9.There will be a fruit cup served at the banquet.
10.Dan Aykroyd proves that looks don't mean everything. After all, he scored with Donna Dixon after the film came out.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:19 pm

Things I learned from "The Proposition"

1. There are a hell of a lot of flies in Australia
2. Nick Cave is a seriously warped individual
3. Someone needs to get Guy Pierce a donut (or 10)
4. Every now and then, even when a movie is in "English", it could use subtitles
4. Ray Winstone is a bad ass
5. Danny Huston is a badder ass
6. Just because you get sentenced to 100 lashes doesn't mean you're actually going to last until #100
7. Australia is a pretty desolate place if you're not in one of the major cities
8. Even in the 1800's, it was possible to mail order a Christmas tree
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by lillylovelost Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:51 am

Things I Learned from being FORCED to watch 5 minutes of Bring It On: All Or Nothing :

1. This movie is a form of some sort of sick torture.
2. Hollywood has extra money to spend.
3. South Central LA isn't as scary as I thought. Who knew?
4. There is nothing like going from watching this movie to Casablanca 10 seconds later.
5. A shitty movie has such power at killing brain cells.
lillylovelost
lillylovelost
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

http://gangsterdorothy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:59 am

Don't forget:

6.People actually care about cheap straight-to-video cash-ins to films older than five years.

Meanwhile, a new one:

Things I Learned From Watching The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008):
1.Any classic film can be remade nowadays and badly I might add.
2.New Jersey has forests.
3.Aliens like tuna salad sandwiches.
4.When you see a logo for a major fast food franchise, you know that franchise will appear again later on.
5.Goo from alien cocoons also makes for a good healing device.
6.When something bad happens, you know that the government is only going to make it worse.
7.Today's filmmakers are too lazy to hire a pilot to fly a real helicopter so we are treated to CGI helicopters.
8.Brandon T. Jackson only seems to play soldiers (in this and Tropic Thunder).
9.Aliens really hate New Jersey.
10.In the film universe, everybody believes in aliens.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:25 pm

Things I Learned From Watching Cannibal! The Musical

1.This film is based on a true story.
2.Alferd Packer has no sense of direction.
3.Trey Parker is the king of blank stares.
4.Humphrey can't cook.
5.You can actually tap-dance in the snow.
6.The fur trappers needed a time out.
7.Wyoming really is worse than jail.
8.There were actually Japanese Indians in 19th century Colorado.
9.Any part of a human body tastes good...but not the butt.
10.When all hope is lost and you know that you're going to die, just build a snowman.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:14 am

W wrote:7. Scatman Crothers is from my hometown of Terre Haute/"The Black Guy from 'The Shining'" is Scatman Crothers.
awesome! i love that guy
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:22 am

If being asked who is the hero of the city, why the fuck would you guess the telephone operator? She's a fucking telephone operator! She doesn't have time to save people from the bad guys. She's busy operating telephones!
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:59 am

Probably just as likely as Henry, the mild mannered Janitor though...
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:12 am

But Hong Kong Phooey's a janitor also.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:39 am

Shocked
NSpan
NSpan
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:32 am

I had a busy day at the movies today and thought I'd share...

Things I learned from watching Coraline:
1. 3-D is a lot like communism. It's a good idea, but for whatever reason, it just can't get a good execution.
2. I like my eyes, but vermillion buttons would look so much better with my complexion.
3. I hate my parents.

Things I learned from watching Slumdog Millionaire:
1. Growing up in India sucks.
2. 20 million rupees is the equivalent of a million american dollars.
3. Danny Boyle loves to use crazy angles and weird-ass shot composition.

Things I learned from watching The Reader:
1. Everyone in late 1950s West Germany spoke perfect english.
2. You always have sex AFTER you read to your illiterate nazi mistress. Never before.
3. Kate Winslet has some gross looking feet.

Things I learned from watching Revolutionary Road:
1. Leonardo DiCaprio can give a great performance WITHOUT using a ridiculous accent.
2. Abortions aren't nearly as easy as one might think.
3. Cigarettes are addictive.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:13 am

Things i learned from The Wrestler

1.Mickey Rourke is one hell of an actor
2.Wrestling is really,really grueling
3.Marissa Tomei is hot as hell
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:16 pm

plus:
4. If you go to a bar and order "a cold one", you'll get a Heineken.
5. Kids today don't appreciate the magic of the original Nintendo.
6. Darren Aronofsky CAN make a movie without using all of those annoying artistic cliche's and transitions.
7. The Academy once again has snubbed the actual best picture of the year.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Location : Hamilton, NJ The Official Restaurant Capital of The United States of America

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:28 pm

8.Mickey Rourke's face is a great example of what too much plastic surgery does to you.
9.The Passion Of The Christ is a good movie to watch if you want to see someone get the shit beaten out of them.
10.If one girl is living with another girl, then they just might be lesbians.
11.People actually tan while wearing their socks.
12.The Ram actually drives a Dodge Ram.
13.The Ram does not like being called Robin.
14.The nineties fucking sucked (but I don't really believe that).
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by transformers2 Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:59 am

15.Working At A Deli might end in Injury
16.Steroids are bad
17 80's hair metal is still cool.
transformers2
transformers2
Borat
Borat

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:00 pm

18. Old people are extremely annoying (when asking for macaroni salad).
19. The Ram Jam might be the weakest finishing move in the history of wrestling.
20. The non-Oscar nomination for Best Original Song for "The Wrestler" is one of the biggest snubs in Oscar history. (Along with the non-nominating of "Gran Torino")
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:48 pm

Just thought since we're still talking about The Wrestler that I'd share a funny thing that happened when I was in the theatre...The movie takes place in North Jersey and I live in Hamilton which is central Jersey right next to Trenton, which is the capital city. And when Marisa Tomei said that she was moving to Trenton because of the good schools and the nice neighborhoods, my theatre exploded with hysterical laughter...Trenton, with the exception of the downtown area which is like two or three blocks, is a terrible area that is overrun with gangs, drugs, shootings, poverty, and the school system is notoriously sub-par. It was actually named one of the hundred (maybe even top10 or 20) worst cities in the US to live. In fact, it's so bad that there are rumors that in order to attract more residents to the nicer, wealthier surrounding areas they might be trying to change the capital within the next 10 years or so to Hamilton, which was named the 19th safest city in the US last year and is literally right next door.

That is all.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:18 pm

hahaha That is awesome. So did she say this as a bad/no research during the writing or was it showing how low class she was?
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by IPKI$$ Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:16 pm

I think it's the latter. Although, I guess technically Trenton is probably a lot better place to live than Rahway, which is where the movies takes place for the most part.
IPKI$$
IPKI$$
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyser Soze Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:48 pm

Then that makes two good movies filmed in Rahway.
Keyser Soze
Keyser Soze
Danny Ocean
Danny Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down