The Fantaverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEWS OF THE WEIRD: Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying

+19
TBB
JackO
BanksIsDaFuture
numbersix_99
MisterInformative
NSpan
silversurfer19
mfrendo
Keyser Soze
A_Roode
geezer9687
Mannix2121
undeadmonkey
Shrykespeare
Donte77
Buscemi
becs
IPKI$$
Swedgin!
23 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

NEWS OF THE WEIRD:  Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying - Page 11 Empty Re: NEWS OF THE WEIRD: Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying

Post by W Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:16 am

Kind of a ho-ish looking wedding, wouldn't you say?
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

NEWS OF THE WEIRD:  Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying - Page 11 Empty Re: NEWS OF THE WEIRD: Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying

Post by Buscemi Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:18 am

It reminded me of high-class white trash.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by W Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:23 am

They kept saying something about "caravan". I'm assuming that they live in an RV park or something. I thought the "my dad has been saving up for my wedding for ages." part was funny considering she's 16.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Buscemi Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:27 am

A caravan is a British English term for a trailer.

The story amazed me in several ways, such as:

1.The girl being 16 and already getting married.
2.The fact that the wedding cost so much and that they actually had the money for a wedding.
3.Well, the entire story is full of shock and amazement from how such people exist.
Buscemi
Buscemi
Tony Stark/ Iron Man
Tony Stark/ Iron Man

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:21 am

Its pretty much normal for "travellers"/gypsies to get married in their teens, but crazy that they paid that much for it..
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by silversurfer19 Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:43 am

That was pretty gross and having lived in the UK I was expecting it to be bad, but not to that standard. Man, I'm glad I left as the kids seem to be getting trashier and trashier. And the fake tan on those little girls was horrible. That stuff needs to be banned. Its so toxic and it just looks a mess. And the staining it causes too!

No wonder the dad could afford everything though if they are living on a trailer park. Never had to pay council fees etc I'll bet, and I guess he's probably been avoiding the tax man too cos unless he's an amazing tarmaccer, I don't know how he could have saved that much. You just don't earn that much money in that job.
silversurfer19
silversurfer19
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman

Location : Auckland, New Zealand. I kinda stalk Guillermo Del Toro

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:06 am

"But the youngster already knows what she wants to do for a career. “I want to spend my days applying make-up and styling my hair. I want to get into glamour modelling. I don’t know if Thomas will like it, but that’s his problem,” she says"

I give it 6 months before she's pregnant, and 2 months after that, that they're divorced.

Too bad someone couldn't have went all University of Virginia on that wedding. Would've made the world a better place if all these people were dead.
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:10 am

That was Virginia Tech Banks...
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BanksIsDaFuture Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:12 am

Dammit, I knew I should've looked it up before posting. Close enough though Razz
BanksIsDaFuture
BanksIsDaFuture
Marv
Marv

Back to top Go down

NEWS OF THE WEIRD:  Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying - Page 11 Empty BREAKING NEWS: Obama Wins Peace Prize, Snubs Dalai Lama, Bombs Moon

Post by Swedgin! Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:30 am

NEWS OF THE WEIRD:  Stories of the strange, the sublime, the supernatural, the silly and the stupefying - Page 11 Emperor-obama

Nuff sed.
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

http://www.deadwood.org

Back to top Go down

Post by W Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:22 am

I was going to post something about the same, but decided not to.
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:08 am

I am with you Banks. It certainly would not have diminished the gene pool by much...
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:34 am

Umm...no bombs dropped on the moon. Two spacecraft, that were launched WAY before Obama was President, collided there. The word "bomb" used in that fashion was pretty irresponsible reporting by a media looking to dismember a President any way they can.

And the Dalai Lama thing may be more complicated than we know. I'm a fan of his books and whatnot, but politically it has different ramifications. And also, I recently befriended some Chinese exchange students who had different views, but we haven't spoken enough to get their full account.

I do find it humorous, in an ironic and non-funny way, that everyone who was for a President who took us into an unjust war under completely LYING circumstances (and got righteous whenever anyone found fault with his actions) in order to personally make money, among countless other things, are now against a President for any reason they can find. Interesting...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 am

I haven't liked a president since Bush Sr.... and I was a kid then.

I was wondering why Obama deserved a Nobel Peace Prize twelve days into office. He hasn't done anything before or after he was president that justifies it. I mean, Jimmy Carter created the Carter Center which works with Habitat for Humanity, helped to make peace between Israel and Egypt, gave the Panamanians the canal back two decades early, and agreed with the Russians to limit nukes in SALT II. He spent his post-president years building homes for the poor. All of this and he gets the Nobel Peace Prize in 2002.

Martin Luther King Jr. was a promoter of peace and Civil Rights a decade before he was give the prize.

Mother Teresa devoted her life to the poor for thirty years before she won the prize.

He said that he would do stuff and has yet to follow through on it--like all presidents have. I don't understand why he won...
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by leestu Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:04 pm

mfrendo wrote:Umm...no bombs dropped on the moon. Two spacecraft, that were launched WAY before Obama was President, collided there. The word "bomb" used in that fashion was pretty irresponsible reporting by a media looking to dismember a President any way they can.

I haven't had time to research but the news over here is saying the moon was bombed (just the one) to see if there was any water underground.

Maybe he got the peace prize for NOT declaring war on anyone. Wink
leestu
leestu
Virgil Tibbs
Virgil Tibbs

Back to top Go down

Post by W Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:11 pm

leestu wrote:Maybe he got the peace prize for NOT declaring war on anyone. ;)

...yet... There's always Iran. :)
W
W
Walter Sobchack
Walter Sobchack

Back to top Go down

Post by mfrendo Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:28 pm

I'm not saying he totally earned it yet, but people are talking shit like he gave it to himself or something. And I read their reasoning, which kind of made sense, then I read Michael Moore's take, which made even more sense. But yeah...
mfrendo
mfrendo
Fletch
Fletch

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:05 am

Obama's Nobel is aspirational. He hasn't had any "achievements" yet, he's only been in office nine months (and only 11 days at the time Peace Prize nominations were due)! Basically he won for [1] being a motivational speaker; [2] being elected; and [3] not being named George W. Bush, all at the same time.
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by geezer9687 Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:08 am

You forgot because he's the first black president too.
geezer9687
geezer9687
The Frankenstein Monster
The Frankenstein Monster

http://geezersworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Swedgin! Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:18 am

I doubt that had an impact, actually. (Besides, wasn't he supposed to inaugurate the "post-racial" era?)
Swedgin!
Swedgin!
Oldboy
Oldboy

Back to top Go down

Post by becs Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:36 pm

I think both SNL and The Daily Show have voiced the general confusion we all feel in their comedic responses to the story. We, and basically everyone in the world, can all agree him getting the nobel prize makes no sense, but considering they gave it to Gore, they must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Personally I think 'Brangelina' was probably more deserving than Obama, considering basically all that happened so far is he's done his job* no more.

*This might be disputed, but basically he's done as much as any president does in the role.
becs
becs
Nick Naylor
Nick Naylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donte77 Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:37 am

I was a bit confused about it also. I understand they voted that way for the things they "hope" will happen. I voted for the guy and even I am not sure he should get any awards yet. But since this is the case, I would like to get nominated for the Pulitzer for the novel I will write in 15 years...
Donte77
Donte77
Marv
Marv

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11