most visually impressive blu-ray discs / ps3 games

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: most visually impressive blu-ray discs / ps3 games

Post by NSpan on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:32 am

Swedgin! wrote:
...[Y]es, it devolves from intriguing science fiction (along the lines of Sphere)...
Sphere is INTRIGUING science fiction? I thought it was Michael Crichton's least impressive work, and a terrible film.
Don't get me started on the film adaptation--ugh. But, yes, I loved Chrichton's novel. I guess I'm just unsophisticated enough to honestly find it "intriguing."

Swedgin! wrote:
...[It] has Sam freakin Neill.. a man who, to my knowledge, has NEVER committed his image to a less-than-stellar film project.. EVER.
M'kay: Wimbledon, Jurassic Park III, Bicentennial Man, In the Mouth of Madness, Memoirs of an Invisible Man. For starters. I give him a pass on the literally dozens of craptastic TV-movies he's done, most of which have aired at one point or another on Sci-Fi.

Not to quibble, but, you see my point.
Your sarcasm detector is off today. Clearly, Sam Neill has been a part of some of the worst movie productions EVER. But, so has Bruce Campbell. And I can't help but the love the guy. Same goes for ol' Sam.
NSpan
Borat
Borat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:56 am

so, the ps3 has had a couple days to settle in to our entertainment center.. so far, Sunshine and Lost are the two standout titles--visually.. both of these look absolutely amazing on our tv... surprisingly, 300 is only pretty good (the fact that it looked so good on dvd might've mitigated the "upgrade" to blu-ray).. Mamma Mia (ugh) left me unimpressed, but i imagine the content of the movie itself is what threw me off.. we only have that handful of bluray titles, so we obviously have much more to see.. (got Herzog's latest doc from netflix today.. that should be a good one).. surprisingly, we don't have a Pixar title yet.. i say surprisingly only because pixar movies look AMAZING on this particular model tv (Sony Bravia 40").. the fact that they were playing Finding Nemo on the in-store floor model is what finally sold me on this particular tv in the first place.. we got a BD copy of Wall-E coming our way, so that should be fun.. (haven't seen it in any format, so it'll be new to me)..

in terms of games, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (exactly what Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb SHOULD'VE been), Soul Calibur IV, and Buzz: Quiz TV (the only one that the girls have expressed any interest in) are the three that have seen the most play-time.. Madden '07 (yes, i realize '09 is already out) is fun stuff.. and i'll give Call of Duty 4 a chance very soon.

with Season 5 of Lost finally on its way, i imagine we'll spend most of our tv-watching time with season 4 over the next couple weeks.. the funny thing is, on blu-ray, this show actually makes sense!!
NSpan
Borat
Borat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Roode on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:50 am

Call of Duty 4 isn't bad Nspan, but I'd move right on to Call of Duty 5 -- for me it is the better game in every conceivable way. Especially when you unlock the undead nazis... Twisted Evil
A_Roode
Marty McFly
Marty McFly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NSpan on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:08 am

Wall-E looked AMAZING on blu-ray... finished Uncharted--one of the best games i've played in years.. almost done with Call of Duty 4.. i've never been into this franchise before, but i love this game.. got the Resident Evil 5 demo--i'm definitely looking forward to this one (Resident Evil 4 on Wii is one of my all time favorites).. considerations for my next investment: The Orange Box, Dead Space, Fallout 3, or Bioshock.

NSpan
Borat
Borat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by undeadmonkey on Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:16 am

I still havent seen Wall-E on Blu-Ray. I did watch Peter Jackson's King Kong, and it was visually impressive. Probably the best I've seen so far.
undeadmonkey
Animal Mother
Animal Mother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top